Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

edit: Wait; Molecular Disintegration?! :stare:.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that. :v:

Having only played the second and third game in the series, I'm looking forward to seeing more of how this game and its puzzles play out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

This is the second and final part of Château Gaillard, it's also the first part of the Da Vinci Studios. For those wondering, they really did manage to get a cow up there...
I imagine that the secret compartment that has the outline of the key in the armoire is meant to be the place where the key would normally be kept hidden, in addition to being another hint that you will need a key somewhere.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Congratulations on completing this game too! The Journeyman Project 3 was my favorite in the series, so it's going to be interesting seeing what everyone thinks about that.

As for why the teleporter didn't teleport the ambassador away: as we can see from the death sequences, the teleporters on the side appear to be set to work on inert matter only (like Icarus' prosthetics, rendering him (h)armless :v: ).

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
There's a lot I love about this game: while we'll have to wait until we are further down the story before I can comment, the ones I can mention are the great production values that can already be seen with the cutscenes and the environments, and the overall tone the game has already from the beginning. The interface is also extremely clean and easy to use.
If I remember correctly you can set Arthur's chattiness so that he will automatically comment without having to click the little thought cloud icon.
As for the new microphone, the audio levels seem to be good already in this first video.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
It's interesting that by the way the writers expanded Sinclair's backstory, he's now presented in the same light as Agent 3 in that both of them were traumatized by their experiences, which led them to make some really questionable decisions believing to be only solution they could find. And now both were together when Gage arrived.

Edit: it might be possible that she used the jumpsuit to travel to the various locations but left it behind when it was time to write down the coordinates? It doesn't really explain how she ended up with Sinclair without one unless she messed with Arthur's memories like it was suggested above, or if she had access to another Pegasus time machine. I wonder if the writers were ever asked about it.

Edit 2: thinking about it more, messing with Arthur is the one explanation that has the least number of plot holes: if Arthur was modified to not remember those specific details or prevented from seeing outside the suit, she could have just placed those time code fragments at her leisure, jump to the prison colony and then make the jumpsuit travel back and cloak, causing the time distortion wave.
After all we don't know how much time passed for her between the initial discovery of Atlantis and causing the time distortion wave. And when we meet Arthur again the jumpsuit was in a different position and orientation from where she left it in the opening movie.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Congratulations on finishing this LP. Legacy of Time remains my favorite thanks to taking itself a bit more seriously (though not excessively so), the higher production values and the removal of player death or other failure states that allows to better enjoy exploring the various locations.