Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

This thing is peak 90s scifi, especially the intro. I would have been absolutely blown away by this as a kid but never got to experience it then - so at least I can appreciate it from a kitschy point of view now. Even so, there's still a certain je ne sais quoi about prerendered/live-action first person puzzle/adventure games that just isn't there when you have actual control to move around as you please...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

The sleeping gas canister was from another time zone and the AI says you shouldn't remove it? My first reaction was to think we should take it to the aussie labs and synthesise an antidote to wake everyone up again but apparently not. Glad to see the music is also continuing the peak 90s trend.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Oh snap, that's clever, I thought it was just some jerkwad with a grudge against Blackwood essentially committing historical vandalism and pinning it on him.
Also Arthur has been watching way too much 20th century American television, but it is nice to meet an AI who isn't insane and/or evil, just friendly and pleasant but kind of irritating sometimes, just like the rest of us.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Wow, it's amazing to see how far the series has come since the first game. Again it's peak 90s budget sci fi, and in the best possible way - trying in earnest and despite its flaws coming off well and managing to be really entertaining. I remember seeing adverts for this game when it was newly released and now feel like I really missed out!

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Similarly, I don't speak for anyone else but I reckon you don't have to exhahust all of Atrhur's hint lines either. They tend to be much the same kind of thing but him outright telling you the solition to the puzzles makes the game feel kind of wrong. Hace a good trip!

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Wow, I wasn't expecting them to be using the appearance-shifting mechanic as much as they are here. Quite an interesting dimension to puzzle games that I haven't really seen before. Also, surprisingly decent acting too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Yeah, a lot of these bits of commentary feel like they recorded a ton of versions of the same commentary, but forgot to cull down to the best two or three.