Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2019/02/27/greys-anatomy-poised-overtake-er-longest-running-medical-drama/

This is some bullshit, general hospital is all drama in a medicine setting, how is it NOT the longest running medical drama of all time???

I mean I think GH is still up and running, right? That thing must have more episodes than Dr who at this point. Plus it's got to be more dramatic, isn't it one of those shows where someone busts into the room declaring they're the pregnant long lost twin to the main character or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
soap operas don't count OP, they're pablum that people put in front of their eyes while they wait to die

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

The Walrus posted:

soap operas don't count OP, they're pablum that people put in front of their eyes while they wait to die

Neither Hollywood nor you can trick me into believing there's a difference between a medical drama and a dramatic medical "soap opera" show.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
How is Last Of The Summer Wine not an erotic thriller?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Walrus posted:

they're pablum that people put in front of their eyes while they wait to die

ain't that true of all entertainment though?

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

Icochet posted:

How is Last Of The Summer Wine not an erotic thriller?

This is ridiculous, ITT we're going to reclassify movies with appropriate genres

Medical Dramas:
General Hospital

Erotic Thrillers:
Last of the Summer Wine

Retro-futurist incest fiction:
Back to the future

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
ER was good, then they killed off Dr. Greene and it got increasingly zany plots.

Grey's Anatomy learned sagely from ER and just did crazy poo poo right out of the gate so you would know it was bad.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
the first 5 or so seasons of Grey's Anatomy were good. The show is unwatchable now. But my wife loves it, so I have no choice. Season 16 premieres next month. Kill me now

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

b-minus1 posted:

the first 5 or so seasons of Grey's Anatomy were good. The show is unwatchable now. But my wife loves it, so I have no choice. Season 16 premieres next month. Kill me now

I feel your pain, though I don't think the first few seasons were very good either.

Just keep rooting for meredith Grey to either die or to finally show us her Anatomy until your SO doesn't let you watch the show together anymore. That is my sage advice

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I remember not watching grey's anatomy (I still don't, but I remember not, too) and then joel mchale showed the icicle scene on an episode of the soup and I didn't believe it was real
how the hell did this show last longer than the soup I thought it ended like 9 years ago

this to me is like finding out desperate housewives is still on the air, or the o.c.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Was Grey's Anatomy the one with the "windy gently caress room"? Every time I'd walk through while my wife was watching one of these shows, a couple would sneak into a room to gently caress and as the action started their hair starts blowing around. Then, they'd go back to doctoring.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
All hospitals built after 1955 must have a windy gently caress room by law

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Icochet posted:

All hospitals built after 1955 must have a windy gently caress room by law

In the hospital I work at there's a weird loft area that's supposed to be for maintenance access to some equipment. The maintenance folks put a dirty old mattress in there for fuckin.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Hospitals are so extremely gross and off-putting most of the time. How can anyone possibly be in the mood for sex there? :pwn:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Proximity to death?

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

The longest running medical drama is actually me jacking off my retarded son, the op

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Passions was the best soap opera

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
MASH is the only medical drama worth watching

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Grey's Anatomy is still going?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

super sweet best pal posted:

Only new things on network tv get cancelled, old things go on until it’s target audience is dead or else it might kill them out of shock.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

super sweet best pal posted:

There's like 50 suburban moms still watching it. Can't let down those moms.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
sorry op but if we're gonna talk hospital melodrama i only want scrubs or the show with the autistic doctor

if this is going to derail into what is the best show, though, i'm gonna get ahead of the curve and just tell you all that it's Criminal Minds

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 20, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dr House?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tane posted:

The longest running medical drama is actually me jacking off my retarded son, the op

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Scrubs is funny here and there and has its moments, but the only great medical drama out there is House. It's one of the best comedies of the early to mid 2000s too.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Colonel Cancer posted:

hell yeah

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Colonel Cancer posted:

MASH is quite good, but would be so much better without the obnoxious laugh track. It's really goddamn bad.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

a house cant be a doctor

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Bea Nanner posted:

a house cant be a doctor

theres no rule that says a house cant be a doctor

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
rules of doctoring:
- what happens in the operating room stays in the operating room
- no glove, no love
- houses are discouraged but not technically banned

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

My mom watched this when I was 12ish and I remember thinking grownup tv is so lame

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
The even the lighting in the photography screams old hag.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

I too am surprised Grey's Anatomy is still going. I remember when it first started and having to watch it here and there because the significant other of the time was into it. The only things I remember:

- They used exterior shots of Seattle's ABC affiliate's building for the hospital.
- It somehow destroyed Katherine Heigl's career? Maybe? Or was that something else?
- That one black doctor spectacularly self immolated his acting career when he poo poo on a homosexual cast mate in an interview or something.
- It gave us Sandra Oh which really was a net gain for everyone.

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 20, 2019

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Haha what the gently caress

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cubone posted:

I remember not watching grey's anatomy (I still don't, but I remember not, too) and then joel mchale showed the icicle scene on an episode of the soup and I didn't believe it was real
how the hell did this show last longer than the soup I thought it ended like 9 years ago

this to me is like finding out desperate housewives is still on the air, or the o.c.

I want a video about the tummy of a girl is stabbed by an icicle and the girl is wearing bikini or two piece.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Cubone posted:

Mmmm, whatcha saayyyyy

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The show both launched and outlasted Katherine Heigl's career.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, I'm glad Sandra Oh has moved on to do shows and movies that are actually great because she is a great actress and awesome person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Colonel Cancer posted:

MASH is so loving good.