Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Since the flashback episode was a apparently an afterthought, I wonder why they decided to go with having Baby Billy be someone in old makeup for the rest of the show.

"Who wants to suck an old man's dick?"

that's why. that's the whole reason why and it's motherfuckin' worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Imagine badmouthing baby billy.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I don’t think Baby Billy is THAT old. Someone was saying something about him being 75 upthread, but that doesn’t really track what’s in the show. He’s Aimee-Leigh’s brother, and presumably the younger of the two (hence the “baby”. The memorial plaque in the first episode has her born in late 1955, so he’s gotta be 63 at the oldest when the show is going on.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Exactly. Maybe everyone’s real gripe is that the season is over and they have to come to terms with that.

No more Baby Billy or Gemstones for awhile. Sucks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

FishBowlRobot posted:

No more Baby Billy or Gemstones for awhile. Sucks an old man's dick

EDIT: also...

The Righteous Gemstones - "This mah fav'rit show, naow!"

Ha, rewatching The Shield, S5E10, and Shane (Goggins) starts insulting a guy, guy responds with 'What's it to you, Teeth?' Love it.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 23, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tim Baltz addressing him as "Mr. Baby Billy" is a perfect joke in that I can't even begin to describe why it's funny. It just is.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That creepy old man, open mouthed smile he does should be a smilie here. Something like :oldick:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

are they Goggins actual teeth? I thought it was part of the character in Vice Principals and then I just assumed it was funny enough that they rolled it into Baby Billy.

are they like veneers or something?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think he's just a very toothy man.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Laserface posted:

are they Goggins actual teeth? I thought it was part of the character in Vice Principals and then I just assumed it was funny enough that they rolled it into Baby Billy.

When you start typing “Walton goggins” into google the second suggestion is “Walton goggins teeth”.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don’t think Baby Billy is THAT old. Someone was saying something about him being 75 upthread, but that doesn’t really track what’s in the show. He’s Aimee-Leigh’s brother, and presumably the younger of the two (hence the “baby”. The memorial plaque in the first episode has her born in late 1955, so he’s gotta be 63 at the oldest when the show is going on.

baby billy means william freeman juniour

yes, it's a thing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

veni veni veni posted:

You need them to hold that pickle in your mouth while running.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

that plaque is wrong for some reason - when aimee-leigh tells baby billy she is pregnant with kelvin, it is either 1988 or 1989. when baby billy protests he points out that she is well into her 40s, if she were born in 1955 she would be in her early/mid 30s

if we assume baby billy is a few years younger than aimee-leigh that would put him at about 70 assuming the events of the show take place around 2019. and i could see him as a spry 70, because...

a new study bible! posted:

Goggins shouldn't look too tired and worn because he doesn't actually work or perform any sort of actual labor. The whole monologue about the difficulty of his life is pure victim complex.

Isn't his first scene in the show him sitting in an outdoor bathtub while overlooking his land like a king?

he doesn't do hard labor but he is a stage performer. he dances, he sings, he gyrates. that would keep him in pretty decent shape, assuming he keeps it up as a hustle before the show starts

a lot of that north georgia land is very cheap, especially if it is remote. having a bunch of land doesn't mean baby billy is wealthy

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Especially if we factor in that all he did was inherit it and has already parceled some off.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

veni veni veni posted:

It's a drat shame toothsome means good looking instead of... *waves hand at Goggins dental xrays* that

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

upgunned shitpost posted:

baby billy means william freeman juniour

yes, it's a thing.

Man the south is weird.

luxury handset posted:

that plaque is wrong for some reason - when aimee-leigh tells baby billy she is pregnant with kelvin, it is either 1988 or 1989. when baby billy protests he points out that she is well into her 40s, if she were born in 1955 she would be in her early/mid 30s

if we assume baby billy is a few years younger than aimee-leigh that would put him at about 70 assuming the events of the show take place around 2019. and i could see him as a spry 70, because...

he doesn't do hard labor but he is a stage performer. he dances, he sings, he gyrates. that would keep him in pretty decent shape, assuming he keeps it up as a hustle before the show starts

This is true, I forgot about that line- I think the contradiction came about from the flashback episode being a late addition.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

luxury handset posted:

Baby Billy might also just be spouting off nonsense because he is pissed that her pregnancy is ending their tour. I would lean toward taking the word of the plaque over some throw away line he says while acting like a scheming jackass (then again, he might've made the plaque, and might's just forgotten his sister's birth date or wanted to scam people into believing she -- and by relation him -- was younger than she was).

EDIT: like rewatching it she doesn't correct him but he's clearly trying to antagonize her with the ridiculous "ovulated all your eggs out" line that she immediately gets pissed at

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Laserface posted:

He was on Conan or some other late night show and said his front teeth got knocked out as a boy when he took a baseball to the face. In Justified, they made it part of the character too: Boyd says he got his new teeth on the state of Kentucky's dime while he was in prison.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I didn't notice him when I watched the episode, but in (I think) the flashback episode, the character of Dale Nancy is played by Toby Huss.

Toby Huss was Dale from King of the Hill, married to Nancy.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I didn't notice him when I watched the episode, but in (I think) the flashback episode, the character of Dale Nancy is played by Toby Huss.

Toby Huss was Dale from King of the Hill, married to Nancy.
Toby Huss voiced Kahn and Cotton Hill on KoTH, not Dale. Even though physically he could have played Dale in a live action adaptation.

Dale Nancy is the chicken restaurant magnate who had the troubled daughter, I don't think he was in the flashback episode but he's in multiple other ones.

It is always good to see Huss in anything I'm watching, though I'm kind of sad he broke his streak of playing Old Texas Man In 1980s Period Show Who Turns Out to Be Very Enlightened About LGBTQ Issues after Glow and Halt and Catch Fire

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wow. The mom was married to Trump

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Toby Huss voiced Kahn and Cotton Hill on KoTH, not Dale. Even though physically he could have played Dale in a live action adaptation.

Ah dammit, I'm a bad fan.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If you have Apple Music or Spotify, search for Misbehavin' right the gently caress now.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 25, 2019

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Guy A. Person posted:

Baby Billy might also just be spouting off nonsense because he is pissed that her pregnancy is ending their tour. I would lean toward taking the word of the plaque over some throw away line he says while acting like a scheming jackass (then again, he might've made the plaque, and might's just forgotten his sister's birth date or wanted to scam people into believing she -- and by relation him -- was younger than she was).

EDIT: like rewatching it she doesn't correct him but he's clearly trying to antagonize her with the ridiculous "ovulated all your eggs out" line that she immediately gets pissed at

based on how eli and aimee-leigh seem to consider her third pregnancy and talking about it as an unexpected blessing, it makes sense to me that she is in her 40s. there seems to be an underlying assumption that further pregnancy was unlikely, probably due to older age. young jesse seems to be about 13ish, which would line up with aimee-leigh starting to have kids out of her 20s which would make sense if she spent her younger years adult hustling as a traveling performer

personally i think the plaque is incorrect, either as a continuity oversight or because of some as of yet unmentioned obscurity about aimee-leigh's true age. there's not enough proof here though to say one way or the other and it's not a very important detail - i'm just bored today and thinking about thos gemstones. i agree with you that billy could just be upset and blustery

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's a drat shame toothsome means good looking instead of... *waves hand at Goggins dental xrays* that

I thought toothsome meant a yummy food...

Edit:
Huh, guess it means both.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

does this come in avatar size? can it come in avatar size?

at best I'm vaguely aware of where the power button is on this thing

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

upgunned shitpost posted:

does this come in avatar size? can it come in avatar size?

at best I'm vaguely aware of where the power button is on this thing

Here you go my dude

Edit: Looking at the art for the kid version of the song, looks like Billy might be older.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

hallelujah! praise supply-side jesus!

also, thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Here you go my dude

Edit: Looking at the art for the kid version of the song, looks like Billy might be older.

Ha. Indeed he does.

It's probably good to remember that this is a comedy show that didn't cover all of it's bases the next time people start up conspiracy theories about Aimee Lee's death date or whatever.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
As someone else mentioned, pretty sure "Baby" refers to him being a junior and not to him being the younger sibling.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This show made me go back and watch Vice Principals and holy fuckin' poo poo does that show go some places

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:

veni veni veni posted:

Ha. Indeed he does.

It's probably good to remember that this is a comedy show that didn't cover all of it's bases the next time people start up conspiracy theories about Aimee Lee's death date or whatever.

Vice Principals is why I think there is a lot more to that story that will take place next season.

Also if you have an Instagram the official page for the show released a blooper real, had me in tears.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is that something that can be linked normally?

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is that something that can be linked normally?

Found it on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIbkIq-Xk7I

The instagram version is longer and has the butthole licking scene in it which is the best blooper of them all.

They must be saving the Outback scene for the DVD release.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4QM5_0FnYl/

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

.... so no more tricks, no more misbehavin'.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What the gently caress dude? You made me think this show was canceled or something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ozfacts1/status/1217870450161803264

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

If anyone wants the video version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOr8AFBRWU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Cojawfee posted:

What the gently caress dude? You made me think this show was canceled or something.

Sorry i was just misbehavin