Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
EB&D < Vice Principals < Gemstones < ????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

SirPablo posted:

EB&D < Vice Principals < Gemstones < ????

Hot Rod

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

hot rod is really good even though i usually find andy samberg annoying

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What exactly are we comparing here? Hot Rod is in no way shape or form better than that other stuff, even if it is really funny.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
hwat are you talking about

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Do you mean Observe and Report? Jody Hill did that one. Wait, looks like Danny McBride was in Hot Rod?

I thought Danny McBride was alright in Arizona, which also has Kaitlin Olson from Always Sunny.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

hot rod is really good even though i usually find andy samberg annoying

What are your thoughts on Brooklyn 99? I used to feel the same way you do, but that show won me over quite a bit.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
brooklyn 99 is way funnier than I planned but I'm a sucker for Joe Lo

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

moist turtleneck posted:

hwat are you talking about

Why are saying that weird?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ChesterJT posted:

Why are saying that weird?

Hwy am I saying it hwat hway?

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I loved Vice Principals and Gemstones but EB is just okay to me. (My boyfriend and I are up to late season 2; it's a "throw this on when we feel like it" show whereas we tore through VP.) It can be very funny but it's really one-note. The Mexico arc has been significantly less enjoyable than season 1, maybe because I'd rather watch Andy Daly, Katy Mixon and John Hawkes engage with McBride instead of a crowd of anonymous Mexicans silently staring at him. (Obviously that doesn't describe every scene in Mexico but it sure feels like a lot of them.)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Some of the funniest poo poo in the series happens when he’s down in Mexico.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Propaniac posted:

I loved Vice Principals and Gemstones but EB is just okay to me. (My boyfriend and I are up to late season 2; it's a "throw this on when we feel like it" show whereas we tore through VP.) It can be very funny but it's really one-note. The Mexico arc has been significantly less enjoyable than season 1, maybe because I'd rather watch Andy Daly, Katy Mixon and John Hawkes engage with McBride instead of a crowd of anonymous Mexicans silently staring at him. (Obviously that doesn't describe every scene in Mexico but it sure feels like a lot of them.)

I love them all, but for me Season 3 ranks highest and 2 ranks lowest. Try to stick it through.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Propaniac posted:

I think 2 is most people's least favorite, although on rewatch you realize some of tge funniest stuff is there. 3 and 4 are both great (I prefer 4).

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

2 is different but unsurprisingly i love it also. i think i like all the seasons equally in different ways

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose Oquendo posted:

Some of the funniest poo poo in the series happens when he’s down in Mexico.

Stevie pathetically puking in the car in Mexico about killed me.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Propaniac posted:

The Mexico arc has been significantly less enjoyable than season 1, maybe because I'd rather watch Andy Daly, Katy Mixon and John Hawkes engage with McBride instead of a crowd of anonymous Mexicans silently staring at him. (Obviously that doesn't describe every scene in Mexico but it sure feels like a lot of them.)

:same: This was the issue for me, yeah. This was also years ago, though, so I'm more than willing to give the show another shot.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Mexico arc is my favorite season.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ruddiger posted:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ruddiger posted:

"How do you say black in spanish?"
"Negro"
"You said it not me. Negro hombre"

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

goddammit, I thought you were the whore with a heart of gold, but actually you're just a whore with a regular old whore's heart!

edit: season 2 also has this scene which never fails to crack me up

https://youtu.be/oIhYzHhjw20

Mandrel fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 28, 2022

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

ruddiger posted:

The season would have been worth it alone for Aaron and Hector threatening Kenny and Stevie with a 2 inch pocket knife and gardening scissors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSNykSyUvgY

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Season 3 had a perfect send off for the series and then they went and did a 4th and had an even better final scene.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I've got 2 episodes left of seeing season 4 of EB for the first time.

- So far it's been interesting seeing everything come full circle to season 1, except this time Kenny has been humbled, then gets rich.

- I feel like you really start to see the mean-spirited humor that would characterize Vice Principals in this season. That's not a bad thing at all, but it's the first time in watching this show where there are moments I'm squirming in my chair over how awkward the scene gets.

- I'm glad that they took such a big swing at sports shows that had started to take over around that time with "Sports Sesh." Those opinion shows are the worst.

Also, count me in for Season 2 is the best season.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I did not like Season 2 when I first watched it back in the day but I have been cackling through it during my treadmill sessions in present times

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
It's slow at work today so I went ahead and finished EB S4... what an ending. I was going along with it until it progressively got more insane, and then he snaps out of his fantasy. Somehow it was impactfully emotional? I didn't see that coming, but the show had a hidden talent for sneaking in really emotional beats.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Peak Eastbound and Down to me is the Geisha/Cannonball death run in EB season 3 & everything involving the wolf in EB season 4.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Doronin posted:

It's slow at work today so I went ahead and finished EB S4... what an ending. I was going along with it until it progressively got more insane, and then he snaps out of his fantasy. Somehow it was impactfully emotional? I didn't see that coming, but the show had a hidden talent for sneaking in really emotional beats.

Did you enjoy the feeeexins?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I forgot how homesick April's accent makes me. :allears:

I'm on S1E1 and I'm gonna commit and finish. :colbert:

"Can I wear the Scream mask? The mask from Scream? ....While I do you from behind?"

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Read After Burning posted:

"Can I wear the Scream mask? The mask from Scream? ....While I do you from behind?"

Then when he starts complaining about having to pay for a hotel, she finally has had enough and hangs up, then he complains to Cassie about how her phone sucks, lol.

I think about this scene in the pilot several times a year for some reason. Still amazing.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

quantumfoam posted:

Peak Eastbound and Down to me is the Geisha/Cannonball death run in EB season 3 & everything involving the wolf in EB season 4.

The end of that episode where they’re just riding in the back of the truck is a nice, quiet, wholesome moment after the hilarious insanity that precedes it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Just started rewatching EB because of this thread and I forgot how much I loved some of his lines 'shut up you beautiful bitch I'm about to gently caress you up with some truth' and 'change yourself from me' kill me every time, 100% based on his delivery.

Also the Mexico scene where stevey gets shot.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"Cassie, do NOT stare at me with those dead eyes, you church bitch!" had me fuckin' dying.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eastbound sold me with this entire ridiculous scene specifically "whats his name fuckin Shrek?...No huh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZ2zW0LIKY

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKpfNCXS7cA

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the down in my plums bloopers from E&D crack me up every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hPp4dgmrc8

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Talking bidniz and those Paul Walker eyes kill me every time.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

ChesterJT posted:

Did you enjoy the feeeexins?

i wanted to stick my dick in those feeeeeeeeixins

veni veni veni posted:

Eastbound sold me with this entire ridiculous scene specifically "whats his name fuckin Shrek?...No huh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZ2zW0LIKY

Same, and it is the scene I think about randomly all the time to this day. Also the line, "Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to gently caress you up with some truth."

Doronin fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 29, 2022

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i think the change in tertiary characters and setting between seasons is one of the strongest things going for eastbound and down, however, i do wish there was more andy daly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

the down in my plums bloopers from E&D crack me up every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hPp4dgmrc8
LET THE BOY WATCH.