Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The wachowski sisters or the wachowski’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

drat the thread title dropped a huge spoiler!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It does if the creators worked on it lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They just feed the dead human’s liquid remains to the living. Nbd

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What’s cool about the matrix is no matter who you are the film is so good it makes your day better.

I love it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

aBagorn posted:

the matrix sequels are good actually

I watched them on a plane and I agree. I normally want to sleep on a plane bc I hate it, but I was engaged the whole time.

I did skip around revolutions a little bit. They talk too drat much after Smith takes over the Oracle.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They became self aware.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Budget Dracula posted:

is there a way to watch the original without the super green tint?

You could also just pick up the UHD by itself if you don’t want the trilogy. the blu ray is also remastered

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gremlins 2 is a weird gonzo cartoon that doesn’t at all take itself seriously and is insanely meta and weird and has a scene (scenes?) where the Gremlins stop the movie to gently caress with film projector and then hulk hogan shows up to yell at them and tells them to turn it back on.

Or the VHS version which I was used too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPnZ4vu08aA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E2K1vqcuuc

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bodyholes posted:

I already feel like The Last Jedi was the "Matrix Revolutions" of the Star Wars films. The sort of movie that has some good things in it here and there--enough for a certain type of person to pretend to themselves it was good. Overall though it was a very dissatisfying waste of assets in the franchise that can never be used again because of it, and ultimately gave unsatisfactory answers (or no answers) compared to the more interesting fan theories that preceded it.

I never heard one theory about Rey’s parents that wasn’t garbage. I also never heard one theory about who snoke was that wasn’t garbage either.

I genuinely like the last Jedi because of the filmmaking and character moments and also the theme of failure and how it plays in the film. It spoke to me and that ruled.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This movie kicks rear end and is a wonderful film about art

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s crazy bad in this movie that they ended up on a train and it ended up being a bad place for our main characters. This essentially is anti train and I don’t think we need to stand for that.

Trains are used to get people to different places. They are not evil!! Horrible lana

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She didn’t get hicksed. She died on screen

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why can’t there be a bad therapist in a movie, why does that have to be the ethos of their whole life.

Dang. Like art says stuff but I think it’s lame to think that because they portray a thing as negative it means all of it is bad.

Guns are used to save the heroes in this movie. Ergo all guns are good

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If they only knew the true power of the gun kata

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

stfu

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When we see the farms after Neo wakes up again it looks like there isn’t as many humans inside them as there was in the original, showing that humans can be set free if they want too. So they populated it with bots to make the world seem just as dense as it should be and also to have some fun contingencies for when poo poo goes wonky.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Necrothatcher posted:

Were you looking at your phone a lot during the movie? It's basically the important point of the plot that Neo and Trinity are plugged in in a unique place.

I watched it on my phone.

If I’m wrong whatever but the unique place I thought was not in the matrix but in the real world machine place. They couldn’t find their bodies. And it took so long and so many resources to get neo they couldn’t do it again. Them being in a secret matrix doesn’t really make much sense.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

drat this really is the last Jedi again

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t know why everyone has to argue it lmao. The reaction, regardless how you feel about the film is exactly the same.

It’s deeply fascinating.

Also if you think lana didn’t care about the matrix you’re wrong. She just cares about the love story more than anything else. Which I’m fine with.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ok

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The fruits they eat in the real world are still tasty. Who knows or cares if they’re accurate.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nuts and Gum posted:

https://screenrant.com/matrix-4-resurrections-cast-story-confused-response/

Turns out writing a script based on a stress dream doesn’t result in your best work. This, combined with telling actors to just improvise the action sequences, clearly shows Lana simply cared more about her personal vendetta against wb or is incompetent.

You say this like it didn’t work and wasn’t good, when it clearly was?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

sigher posted:

I don't believe you can be red-blue colorblind.

I just realized that this movie is just Last Action Hero but made from fecal matter. Starting off as a meta comedy that turns into an action film, but instead of embracing the farce it tries to make a hard turn and be a serious action film. Last Action Hero owns so much, time to watch it again.

That opinion is half good and half fecal matter

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rabelais D posted:

The action is exceedingly generic unfortunately, which is a big problem if you are making an action blockbuster.

Some of the story is fairly interesting, but if that's what you are after then why watch an action blockbuster?

I’m watching a movie called the matrix resurrections

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah. But the movie was still very enjoyable.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

moths posted:

I think that's why more filmmakers try to make the most important themes central and accessible.

Lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

moths posted:

E: tl;dr is that I take issue with the presentation that an unpleasant reality is a prison to be escaped rather than a malleable thing to improve. Speaking as someone who has lived the aftermath of "escape attempts," it feels irresponsible to encourage that over asking for help.

It’s a fake awful reality that the two main characters set out to improve for everyone at the end.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

moths posted:

I really hope this isn't how I'm coming across.

I'd hope that everybody in the thread can agree that as a film, Resurrections has a lot of blanks. This is intentional. Many of the big characters have vague, evocative titles for names. A lot of important elements are left unsaid and implied things in important exchanges.

The expected main action of the story is vague and hand-wavey.

So the film's just left as a series of dots. If you mentally connect those dots one way, you get a great story about realizing your own identity. A lot of people did, and a lot of them ITT and elsewhere are openly trans or queer.

I think most people looked at this and were just like "WTF are all these dots?" and got a lackluster action movie that didn't make much sense.

it's just as easy (easier for me) to connect them in a way that the film is a cautionary tale against mental health. Improving your life is foolish and the only relief is a self-destructive escape into delusion or complete annihilation. I don't think Lana is against mental health. I think it's an unfortunate byproduct of the story she tried to tell.

I applied my experiences, just like the people who got a boring scribble, and just like the viewers who saw a deeply personal and supportive story that resonated with them. None of these experiences are invalid, but Resurrections' message only seems to work if you're predisposed to "get it."

A better film would have numbered the dots, given the audience guidance on how to put it together. There's a lot of powerful images, concepts, and archetypes in a heap on the table. Some people intuitively knew how to assemble them, others saw a lot of troubling connections, but I think most people just saw it as an unstructured mess.

This has not a thing to do with the film and is 100% on you and your pov

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lame

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I feel like The Matrix itself is closer to a cult. A false reality created for the purpose of control.

You’re right to leave it but many people choose to stay like cypher because the perks are nice and he buys into the control.

The real world kinda blows but ya know, same lol.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because it’s a sequel to the matrix where that doesn’t mean Q.

Context matters lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

moths posted:

That's what I'm saying.

The context is that it's a movie in a world where Q is more culturally relevant than an action movie from the last century.

No you’re saying it’s bad. I’m saying that they created the dang concept and we the audience should be able to understand the concept despite idiots co-opting the message.

I appreciate lana not giving a gently caress because gently caress them for ruining storytelling.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Good

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Idk I feel like this is an intensely personal read based on your own experiences and it just doesn’t resonate with me outside of yeah Q exists. I’ve had a minor brush with it for a minute with a friend but they moved on and idk.

Like that’s fine if that’s your read but you’re trying to get everyone to see it and idk. It doesn’t work.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No not exactly. There was a pandemic.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blood Boils posted:

He's watched them all except the latest one, and he may just be saying that to be provocative, the scamp

I guess I’m getting old and tired of internet stuff because being like that makes me very tired and annoyed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna gatekeep zizak and never let him in. He’s a stinky man and he can eat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

precision posted:

I realized today that I had completely forgotten this movie even came out. Yikes.

Man that sucks. I feel bad for you. Bc it’s a really good movie