Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
And instead of looking for a landline, they are always looking for a wifi hotspot lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Matrix reboot.

This would unironically be better than a sequel. A reboot is easy because there are all those other versions of the matrix they could make a story out of.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
jason statham as agent smith

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
They should make a live action remake of transformers: the movie (1986) instead. Which featured the matrix in it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s time to make the prequel that bridges the Terminator into The Matrix.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kuato posted:

They should make a live action remake of transformers: the movie (1986) instead. Which featured the matrix in it.

agreed

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mnoba posted:

jason statham as agent smith

oi oval office i know *line?*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just make Ready Player Two already and work The Matrix 4 into it

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kuato posted:

Only if it's a shot-for-shot remake with the same soundtrack.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
When I was a kid, I thought that that one RATM song that plays over the credits where they yell "what you see! what you see!" was actually yelling "Wachowski! Wachowski!". Thank you for listening to my Matrix memory.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
where is hackers 2

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Johnny Mnemonic 2!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bradzilla posted:

This would unironically be better than a sequel. A reboot is easy because there are all those other versions of the matrix they could make a story out of.

No it wouldn't. Modern Hollywood can't make anything good without givi g it the disney nutrient-paste blandness treatment.

Wachowskis are unreliable film makers but are legitimately out there with their ideas and revisiting the series with even one of them will be more interesting than the reboot pap we'd get fed without them.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I loved The Matrix and even though I got a lot of grief from lovely friends I am no longer friends with for liking 2 & 3 i still liked them. I am going to withhold judgement until I've seen the film.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i'm only interested if the machines are the good guys in this one. QUIT TYPECASTING ROBOTS AS EVIL HOLLYWOOD

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Matrix 4 reveals that Neo was an AI in a synthetic body all along

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I heard about a guy who for years thought Keanu's character was named Neil

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

No it wouldn't. Modern Hollywood can't make anything good without givi g it the disney nutrient-paste blandness treatment.

Wachowskis are unreliable film makers but are legitimately out there with their ideas and revisiting the series with even one of them will be more interesting than the reboot pap we'd get fed without them.

The Wachowskis could still direct the reboot.

Burns
May 10, 2008

It would be a confusing mess. Just like the Wachawskis. Looks like hollywod is really hitting the bottom. What next? But it makes sense re the matrix. It still has a lot of brand recognition.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

roarpower posted:

the first one is pretty cool. Keanu Reeves learns Kung Fu, then becomes god

It all goes to poo poo after that. the best thing after the first movie was a fight scene where the cgi agents looked like rubber.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

How will this work when both of them die at the end of the third one? Yeah spoilers etc

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

itll be another reboot, but this time with a cocky young hacker, who is being guided by keanu through the matrix.

Maybe he is his son something ?

generic nostalgia reboot shite, once again

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

Only if it's a shot-for-shot remake with the same soundtrack.

absolutely

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I wanna live in an alternate reality where they only made the first Matrix movie.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
matrix? gently caress off.

equilibrium sequel? now we're talking

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bradzilla posted:

The Wachowskis could still direct the reboot.

If you're gonna put a wachowski back in front of a matrix movie, probably just let them tell whatever story you want instead of imposing arbitrary creative decisions that wouldn't really have an impact on the end quality.

That you can't imagine a decent post script to revolutions, and tbh i cant either, doesn't mean it hasn't been done and doesn't mean a reboot would be better.

Also at the end of revolutions neo was kinda behaving in such a way in the "real world" that it's not impossible the matrix is more than we thought

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
in matrix 4 neo can super punch the robots IRL and also blow them up with his freakin mind

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
in matrix 4 agent smith reveals his final form which is a giant crusher robot

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Smythe posted:

God I have the best Radiohead song to set this to

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Matrix 4 is 90 minutes of Neo in an assisted living facility saying "whoa" over and over again clutching tightly to a snow globe of a city

also he plays fortnite

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

obviously aliens invade and so the machines (who are now allied with the humans) boot up a back up copy of The One and then also His Girlfriend when he starts getting all emo

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Smythe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1XhcSyVr-A

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Honestly I’m pretty surprised they got the money to go ahead with this the wachowskis last movies weren’t that good I just don’t see how this doesn’t turn out to be anything but awful

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Smythe posted:

matrix? gently caress off.

equilibrium sequel? now we're talking

Both are great movies (matrix 1 only) but I like the cut of your jib.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

kungfu with guns is played out it is time for kungfu with bombs

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
woah... i know mma

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

ElectricSheep posted:

Matrix 4 is 90 minutes of Neo in an assisted living facility saying "whoa" over and over again clutching tightly to a snow globe of a city

also he plays fortnite

Neo killed Ninja and his entire squad on a controller.

Woah

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Hear me out, what if Neo was on rollerblades

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Or segways or whatever the kids are into now?