Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im calling him neil from now on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

they stole the script for matrix one

they're hack frauds gently caress them
they stole right down to the specific framing of shots

Riot Bimbo posted:

Wachowskis are unreliable film makers but are legitimately out there with their ideas
2019 and this guy doesnt know they ripped off grant morrisons the invisibles. its not just suspected. they actually had a copy on set

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Finally, man and machine will band together to battle the terrible secret of space.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It takes place in a version of the matrix exactly like our current reality: including the part where The Matrix movies exist and are well known. The original movies are a sort of psy-op: the concept of the matrix being well known ironically helps to prevent people from realising they are in the matrix, since they dismiss the idea and anyone arguing for it as being based off the obviously fictional movie.

But the protagonist questions reality hard enough that they are able to see through this and recognize that they are in the matrix. At this point Neo and Trinity show up to rescue them and take them to Zion. However, this is an additional layer of matrix subterfuge. Neo and Trinity are just programs, and Zion is just an alternative version of the Matrix. This is another function of the original Matrix movies as psy-op: having seen the movies the protagonist is trained to believe this is what escaping the matrix looks like, and to trust cyberpunk hacker types. The actual nature of the matrix, including who controls it and for what purpose, remains unknown and free to be rewritten/changed from the original.

Neo, revealed to be a program/agent, then becomes the antagonist.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

jimmyjams posted:

where is hackers 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2efhrCxI4J0

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

What if The Matrix 4 is about making pizza?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

What if The Matrix 4 is about making pizza?

Another idea stolen from this here forums

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'd prefer a computer boy sequel tbh

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Mozi posted:

woah... i know mma

lmao

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
somewhere in new york angelina jolies character was enjoying that show promoting white supremacy and had a wtf moment when the outer limits came on

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
The only Matrix I wanna see is three hours of youngster Swartzenegger on the beach putting on camouflage and getting equipment ready.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

toggle posted:

itll be another reboot, but this time with a cocky young hacker, who is being guided by keanu through the matrix.

Maybe he is his son something ?

generic nostalgia reboot shite, once again

Keanu is gonna be the guy at the start that talks about mescaline for no reason.

Maybe if they reboot it we'll finally get a good movie

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Propaganda Hour posted:

Keanu is gonna be the guy at the start that talks about mescaline for no reason.

Maybe if they reboot it we'll finally get a good movie

I say gently caress that and someone should make a ReBoot live action movie, Keanu can be Bob

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

I say gently caress that and someone should make a ReBoot live action movie, Keanu can be Bob

when in the timeline? late timeline with buff enzo and his insanely stacked cgi .. swamp creature (?) girlfriend?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Whoa?

How about 'no'.

LMAO TRY THAT ONE OUT

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This sounds dumb as hell and I'm absolutely no question going to see it

naem
May 29, 2011

do they just sit around staring at their phones in this one

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Do it ironically posted:

I say gently caress that and someone should make a ReBoot live action movie

They made that already. Many say it was worse than the Dragonball Z movie. gently caress if I'm watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8B5dqjsZUs

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Smythe posted:

when in the timeline? late timeline with buff enzo and his insanely stacked cgi .. swamp creature (?) girlfriend?

Hot take, start late timeline but do time travelling back in time

Tom Gorman posted:

They made that already. Many say it was worse than the Dragonball Z movie. gently caress if I'm watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8B5dqjsZUs

What the gently caress is this poo poo!!!!?

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
If it's gonna be faithful to its era, it should be called "M4trix: Revelations"

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Do it ironically posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo!!!!?

It's the ReBoot live action movie

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It should be some really artistic statement thing like neo and trinity's digital ghosts are trapped on the network of a transport ship at sea and they have various trials they have to go through to get off the boat because the boat's computer is alive, you see and then they get off the boat and then they are in the afterlife and it's really deep and the boat's name is 'The Charon' so that it's not TOO obvious as to what's happening also there's some weird sexual role playing between trinity and some sea creatures and some bullet time surfing by Keanu.

At one point during a dream sequence there is also a point where both of them wake up in Pamplona right when the running of the bulls starts but these bulls are digital bulls sent to kill them and they have to bullet time dance through thousands of charging bulls and dance across their backs like flamenco dancers and stuff

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The matrix is the last movie I saw in a theatre maybe Star Wars one. Idk

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Moon Atari posted:

It takes place in a version of the matrix exactly like our current reality: including the part where The Matrix movies exist and are well known. The original movies are a sort of psy-op: the concept of the matrix being well known ironically helps to prevent people from realising they are in the matrix, since they dismiss the idea and anyone arguing for it as being based off the obviously fictional movie.

But the protagonist questions reality hard enough that they are able to see through this and recognize that they are in the matrix. At this point Neo and Trinity show up to rescue them and take them to Zion. However, this is an additional layer of matrix subterfuge. Neo and Trinity are just programs, and Zion is just an alternative version of the Matrix. This is another function of the original Matrix movies as psy-op: having seen the movies the protagonist is trained to believe this is what escaping the matrix looks like, and to trust cyberpunk hacker types. The actual nature of the matrix, including who controls it and for what purpose, remains unknown and free to be rewritten/changed from the original.

Neo, revealed to be a program/agent, then becomes the antagonist.

You're missing the "Keep you're sanity Trump 2020".

I'm wondering to what extent Matrix 4 will have MCU integration.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

they stole right down to the specific framing of shots
2019 and this guy doesnt know they ripped off grant morrisons the invisibles. its not just suspected. they actually had a copy on set

that's cool, but i wasn't talking about the matrix but specifically like the clusterfuck that is jupiter ascending, parts of cloud atlas are truly loving strange and neat too, and the visual design of speed racer is just like fuckin' great.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Why isn't this the canon ending?
Also ITT edgelords pretending to be too good for the matrix movies.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Riot Bimbo posted:

that's cool, but i wasn't talking about the matrix but specifically like the clusterfuck that is jupiter ascending, parts of cloud atlas are truly loving strange and neat too, and the visual design of speed racer is just like fuckin' great.

No question this could be really great if outside interference is kept minimal. I would hope self-indulgent rave scenes or similar would be kept to a minimum.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mozi posted:

woah... i know mma

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shamino posted:

Why isn't this the canon ending?
Also ITT edgelords pretending to be too good for the matrix movies.

The first one is awesome.
The second one was like "Ok, great!! Man!"

Literally every loving person here and most around the world is 'too good for' the third one. Don't kid yourself.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i just saw the first one two weeks ago and im excited to see where the lore will take me

nut
Jul 30, 2019

both within the universe of the matrix and within the universe of my brain where i wonder about what is real (is this the matrix? maybe they will tell us in matrix 4)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Matrix is a documentary.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i hope the robots reveal that the matrix is stored on the blockchain, and our whole reality is bitcoin

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
Real world of original trilogy is just matrix layer 2, trinity and neo spend the movie surfing through layers of matrices searching for reality. Whoa.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i went to the premiere of matrix reloaded when i was 13 in tokyo and Keanu was there and said "Tokyo Tower Green!" on mic and the Tokyo Tower turned green for like, five minutes. My friend bought a full sized Neo coat from the giftshop for like 200 bucks.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

i went to the premiere of matrix reloaded when i was 13 in tokyo and Keanu was there and said "Tokyo Tower Green!" on mic and the Tokyo Tower turned green for like, five minutes. My friend bought a full sized Neo coat from the giftshop for like 200 bucks.

*doing bullet time flashing people in the park with your full sized neo coat*

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Mega64 posted:

The Matrix is a documentary.

can you explain what the gently caress is happening in 3 like is the outside world real or is it another part of the matrix and if it is real why exactly does neo gain super jesus powers is he like a robot or something seriously what is even going on???

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Mnoba posted:

*doing bullet time flashing people in the park with your full sized neo coat*

lol good visual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Smythe posted:

matrix? gently caress off.

equilibrium sequel? now we're talking

Yes, Equilibrium had a way cooler world built off 1984 and A Brave New World. They could be bringing feelings to other cities, loads more strobe light gunfu please.