Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lebron James has found new and more imaginative ways to circumvent the Salary Cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhWIhN-QMVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaAu_U2lL3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-sbeJNk7s

Holding out hope for the MyGM mode where Rich Paul screws over your team by having your star player ask for a trade mid season and torch all trade value.

WNBA in NBA 2K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGwoK2KNmBI

---

NBA Live 20

*crickets*

Might exist, might not, EA said something about how they were going to do something different with it, but who loving knows.
----

2k like usual is probably going to be a very good basketball game.

MyPlayer, and obviously MyTeam, are micro-transaction trashfire hellzones, but MyLeague and MyGM modes are all very good and fun still with none of that bullshit being required at all(at least in past versions)

Like seriously though, Myplayer has been real loving bad with microtransation bullshit recently.

So if that's what you're into it might be best to wait and see how bad it is this year.

They've said they've sped it up and changed how the system works. but who loving knows, take it with the required grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
they let you make and test up to 6 builds in the demo and i made a pf more or less like i would in previous years and put him at 90 ovr and he feels like a slow limited piece of poo poo on the court. great.

the new system seems really cool but it just feels limited in a different way now and it seems like you get a lot less stats for your ovr budget than you used to.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The biggest bullet point in their MyPlayer trailer was "Progression will be faster!" so I have high hopes

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

This is definitely on rookie, I'm cooking the gently caress out of the warriors as a 6'2 pg that's stuck at SG

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

They should bring back NBA Street and scrap this dumb version.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Tip for people who are playing the demo

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/1164339923110916097

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Chairchucker posted:

They should bring back NBA Street and scrap this dumb version.

All my loving money if they swapped MyTeam with NBA street

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
You do know EA made NBA street, right?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't care who makes a new NBA Street as long as it gets made and is good

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

hopterque posted:

they let you make and test up to 6 builds in the demo and i made a pf more or less like i would in previous years and put him at 90 ovr and he feels like a slow limited piece of poo poo on the court. great.

the new system seems really cool but it just feels limited in a different way now and it seems like you get a lot less stats for your ovr budget than you used to.

They’ve said the demo is some tweaks behind the full game, so hopefully this is one of those tweaks.

I made a 6’5 PG focused on shooting and play making, but even at 70 driving dunk he was yamming on people.

It seems like the badges might be way more impactful than raw stats, but I’ll let the YouTube kids figure all that out

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

The Glumslinger posted:

You do know EA made NBA street, right?

😟

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
and like there wasn't a good street game after vol. 2

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

zelah posted:

They’ve said the demo is some tweaks behind the full game, so hopefully this is one of those tweaks.

They actually tweak the gameplay and not just shovel more microtransactions into it?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dexo posted:

and like there wasn't a good street game after vol. 2

And yet, the 'bad' Street games are still better than all the NBA 2K games.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chairchucker posted:

And yet, the 'bad' Street games are still better than all the NBA 2K games.

:rolleyes:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just a horrible take.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
bring back NBA Ballers

e:

Wikipedia posted:

The story mode feature in NBA Ballers: Phenom is the games main feature. The player creates a custom character and can choose from a variety of customizations such as height, age, body type, position and more. The story is built around the created player, the Phenom, and his rivalry with former friend Philip "Hot Sauce" Champion. After Hot Sauce convinces the scouts that he and you are indeed a one-man show, Hot Sauce being the one man. Not only does he steal your glory but he steals your girlfriend too. It's NBA Finals week and you are setting out to prove just how good you are. With the million dollars and NBA's number 1 draft position or a lucrative entrepreneur empire up for offer, you must do whatever it takes to become the best.
I do not remember this

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 23, 2019

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
live 19 is more fun to play than the 2k20 demo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Stevie Lee posted:

bring back NBA Ballers

e:

I do not remember this

Yea same. I definitely played and enjoyed ballers but that rings no bells. I don’t even remember a girlfriend or story related to a relationship

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The lower stats for myplayer feels like an attempt to make multiplayer a little more balanced where stats for players aren't so overwhelmingly high that they're able to score effortlessly. The solution players had for that last year was to run 2-3 lockdowns which created a very accurate depiction of basketball hell: no one can score except by shooting 3s.

What they need to do is jettison the multiplayer myplayer from mycareer, it'd make a lot of people happy and having a single player free from microtransactions would earn them some good will from people stupid enough to buy the game (me). Also you could then let people make the superstar players they want in single player while keeping players a little more dependent on one another in multiplayer. Still trying to figure out how I want to build a Kawhi Leonard-esque player, and you really have to sacrifice something from his game to do it.

Still love pro-am despite the bullshit, and I'm hoping that the larger court and better offball movement system will allow for a broader set of offensive plays that doesn't devolve to 5 out and high pick n roll. Hard to say for certain, but I do like the new dribbling system in theory. Some pretty great little moves like some new shamgods and wrap-around escapes.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

According to reddit, “they” are aware that SF builds seem to be the weakest position right now.

It’ll be a lot easier to know once the game actually comes out, but I wonder how much badges will actually matter. Being able to choose what badges you want (and to what level) seems really cool. Maybe 75 3pt shot with gold catch & shoot feels the same as a 90 3pt shot from previous years? I’m sure people will test it all out quick

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Congrats glumslinger, assuming you still work on the MyTeam stuff, on a ton of work getting done for this year

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I appreciate the amount of work they put into MyTeam but there's still no way I'm touching that mode.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I know someone who worked on the game posts here but this is some of the grossest poo poo I've seen in a full-price game, this looks like some mobile f2p ad

https://twitter.com/BrianPickett/status/1166728237122314240

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
Wow, they... really just went all-in on the part of the game everyone hates. I passed on 2019 because of all the people talking about how transparently greedy it was at launch, before someone else bought it for me and I found out it was worse than I had already thought. That ad feels like the lesson they learned was, "We just have to make it prettier, then it will be fine."

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I play myteam almost exclusively and have spent 0 dollars. It’s really easy not to

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I finished the offline Domination stuff for MyTeam, and had some fun with the Triple Threat online mode, and both of those seem doable without spending anything. The 5 on 5 MyTeam games were never too fun for me.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I hope they borrowed some good ideas from Madden and FIFA for the card mode, I play PC so there's no online which suits me fine except for the online requirement last year.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
PEGI email response to rating questions

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/cxl8sy/pegi_defends_nba_2k20_rating/

e: the pegi version of the trailer is now set to private
the esrb version is unlisted

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Aug 31, 2019

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I don’t know that this would be why, the email said PEGI’s fine with it so far

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Sounds like there was a (now patched) situation where one of the rewards for winning a Triple Threat match was 300 tokens instead of 3, so there are going to be a few people rolling out diamond and above cards presently.

These are also the same people that bought New Zealand copies to start grinding/buying packs ASAP, so I assume they would have had stacked teams right away no matter what.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

myteam got reset so get owned kiwis

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Anyone copped this? Worth the dollars?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Played some last night. A MyTeam domination game and a few chapters of the mycareer story.

The basketball feels fun, MyTeam sounds like it has better rewards for people who don’t want to spend money this year, and between how many modes there are, I’m sure you’ll get your $60 bucks out of it

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/1169997096491130880

Quizzlefish posted:

Anyone copped this? Worth the dollars?

Do you like video game basketball? it's pretty much the only game in town, live doesn't even have a release date. I hosed around with it this morning before I had to leave and it's noticeably slower which is good and bad. Jumpshots seem slower across the board, but I'm more able to use someone like Derrick Rose to drive to the hoop with some change up speed

I only tooled around the single player card mode poo poo on PC though, gently caress the park (especially on PC, bloodborne rear end arm havers galore)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For 2k20, is there a way to set it where the AI takes over for you on just defense?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Shout out to LeBron, and Gatorade

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:thunk:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I bought it on steam (via GMG), but my ps3 controller seems to have finally died. First day it would disconnect occasionally and I would have to plug it in again to get it back, but now it won't even show up in control panel. Tried to get it to work again, but now just gonna go pick up a ps4 controller tomorrow.

Outside of mycareer mode, can you lock it so you are only controlling one player on court?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

you used to be able to in mygm but I haven't played mygm yet