Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Think this’ll be the first year since I guess 2k2 maybe that I’ll skip. It’s basically 2k20 again with I guess a roster update in December?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The new shot stick is straight trash.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I can't stop the cpu on defence at all in the 2k21 demo, it's like they just slide right past even using Kawhi with HoF clamps

The shot stick isn't awful imo but it does feel a little inconsistent. I can see the use in having aim or timing shooting available when playing league where you won't have time to perfect 15 different jump shots. A decent alternative to using real player fg%

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

PC getting current gen instead of next gen features is wild and probably means I'm going to pass on it

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

PC getting current gen instead of next gen features is wild and probably means I'm going to pass on it

Same.

There will need to be some big QoL improvements to mycareer for me to get it.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

At least that means it'll sell like poo poo and go on a deep sale

Or they'll just stop making them in the future

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
2k just has this weird issue where they make solid games and then hide them behind pure hatred for their fans. I don't know why you have to hit the A button 13 times to get into the game in MyPlayer or why if you have a weird fumble with the ball that leads to a turnover and a score on the other end that your teammate score drops like you just killed a baby on the court.

I picked up PGA 2k21 and it's the same poo poo. Great game but they put announcers in that mock you and unskippable cutscenes that only trigger when you miss a putt or shank it. It's like 2k actively hates its fans.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
They are doing an adequate job of making a basketball game (no comment on their ability to make a basketball esport) but they seemingly have no idea how to actually make a fun video game.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I like the right stick shooting. Makes me consider HOW I want/need to shoot the ball relative to my player's size, skill set and position on the court relative to other defenders. gently caress me though if I still can't figure out an offensive rebound putback/slam.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

I like the right stick shooting. Makes me consider HOW I want/need to shoot the ball relative to my player's size, skill set and position on the court relative to other defenders. gently caress me though if I still can't figure out an offensive rebound putback/slam.

I think you just press shoot instead of the normal rebound button when in a good position for it

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

The Duggler posted:

I think you just press shoot instead of the normal rebound button when in a good position for it

And even then 90% of the time your player jumps with one arm in the air and someone else gets the rebound while you look silly.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
Weren’t putbacks an issue in 2k20 as well? I’m a scrub so idk

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
These evil money-grubbing motherfuckers have a golden opportunity to actually fix the myriad of loving errors in their game, but instead, they decide to release according to their rigid schedule even though they have no idea of what the roster is going to look like next year, and they plan on changing that partway through the game's run. I hope they come nowhere close to their sales numbers.

Instead of buying this pure evil pile of capitalist excess pig poo poo and giving money to these Scrooge McDuck scum bags, consider donating 60-70 bucks to any number of charities.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
Exactly, it would be the perfect opportunity to work on the backlog and prepare for next gen yet they’re a bunch of money grabbing assholes worried about their quarterly revenue

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I only buy this and Madden if it goes to 20/15 during Black Friday or February the following year for 5 years now. I've played since 2K on Dreamcast and i'm beyond done at this point.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea it’s a playoff roster update pretty much

I’m good.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Well myplayer/mycareer won’t carry over from current to next gen because it’ll be different in...some way, so that’s something

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Apparently in next gen you will be able to create female players.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Was playing against the Lakers in the Playoffs in MyCareer and came across this bug.

Dwight Howard was ejected for 2 unsportsmanslike fouls after 6 minutes into the first quarter (10 min quarters).

After the game I was checking the stats and noticed Howard had managed to play 15 minutes. What I think happened is he played an extra 9 minutes while I was subbed out and the game was simulating.

Then next season I was playing the Lakers again in one of the opening games.

The Lakers had drafted this handsome fellow in the second round.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Chris Smoove has started his NBA2K21 MyCareer videos if anyone is interested in seeing how crap the story is this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVXLPVnWoZk

e: (speaking Portuguese continues in background)

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 3, 2020

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

It looks like they nerfed the mycareer VC salary again.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Largepotato posted:

Chris Smoove has started his NBA2K21 MyCareer videos if anyone is interested in seeing how crap the story is this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVXLPVnWoZk

e: (speaking Portuguese continues in background)

Watch this every year because I can skip the story stuff when I play for myself.

I also didn't realize that 2K was even out today! Crazy how non-hype I am. The demo was dope but I just never thought about it once I played 3/5 allotted games

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Largepotato posted:

It looks like they nerfed the mycareer VC salary again.

If they would just let you start out as decent this wouldn't be an issue lol. Nope gotta start straight rear end

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The story in ep 8 of Chris Smoove is the biggest cringe fest ever.

(both crying)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

If they would just let you start out as decent this wouldn't be an issue lol. Nope gotta start straight rear end

it's so they can sell you player upgrades for real money

only like $150 to get to 95 overall!

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Apparently they added Original Owner challenges to MyTeams.

Not only do you need the right cards to do them, but also be the idiot that bought the packs that contained them.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I know every release there's always complaints about shooting, but this one feels different.

I'm seeing playmaking shot creators with 90+ shooting and 6 shooting badges hit only 20% of wide open shots. Looks like they made shooting even harder - at least without an undefined number of badges.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Man..the way u guys are describing this sounds like absolute trash.

For the record, I picked up NBA2k16 for like $3 at a yard sale 2 years ago and have more than gotten my money's worth. I play classic teams head to head and, when I got tired of that, created a custom team/franchise with my own logo and uniforms and poo poo and then did a fantasy draft that included all the old teams and players. At times, I have to tweak the sliders as I get better/worse but god drat it sounds like way more fun than paying 60 dollars to build a dude that can only get better thru micro transactions.

BEst 3 bux I ever spent since I don't care as much about modern rosters and am more a Magic/Bird/Jordan/Erving guy.

Is online head to head any good or just totally cheesed out/money plays like Madden?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All I care about is did they fix it so you don't have to press A through a million cut scenes just to get to the actual product they're producing

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
They did just release a hot fix today to make the shooting a lot more forgiving. I have a 77 in 3pt shooting and with 1 bronze flexible release badge it’s feeling really good.

You know the in-game tweets that pop up during highlight plays in mycareer games? They aren’t processing the emoticons right. They’re just displayed as [EMO_Angry] or whatever.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/insuir/harden_has_taken_travailing_to_a_whole_new_level/

Harden is so realistic in this game.

e: The more I read threads on reddit, the more trash/lazy this version seems.

Apparently MyCareer has no cutscenes after your player joins the NBA, not even after game interviews.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 7, 2020

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
My new MyPlayer has all the ladies swooning.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

The gently caress with this franchise mode?

I made the playoffs and went to play the first round and my only options were to simulate round or simulate playoffs. I assumed simulate round would take me to my team's first round game but it didn't. There was no option to PLAY my team's game and the CPU just ran everything. Fortunately my team won the CPU sim first round but wtf is going on?

Reddit says

quote:

Go to daily view. Check the box on the game you wanna play. Hit the back button. Then you can play it.

The gently caress is this? Every game on my schedule cues up but, yeah, who wants to play the playoffs I guess?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

The gently caress with this franchise mode?

I made the playoffs and went to play the first round and my only options were to simulate round or simulate playoffs. I assumed simulate round would take me to my team's first round game but it didn't. There was no option to PLAY my team's game and the CPU just ran everything. Fortunately my team won the CPU sim first round but wtf is going on?

Reddit says

The gently caress is this? Every game on my schedule cues up but, yeah, who wants to play the playoffs I guess?

It's been like this for a while if you have multiple teams selected, it's dumb but it's 2k so not shocking at all

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://youtu.be/Ib5ygUYjHZI

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

how can they have this set to release next month when we still don't know when the season is going to start or end? patching in a new calendar is definitely going to gently caress up a ton of people's career files

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Katana_Warrior posted:

how can they have this set to release next month when we still don't know when the season is going to start or end? patching in a new calendar is definitely going to gently caress up a ton of people's career files

It won't.

A new season won't be hard, as nothing will change, except the rosters/coaches and the day when franchise mode starts.

The MyLeague starts you in the 2020-2021(now 2021 season). It just didn't do any roster updates or anything.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
They’re really shoveling this thing out the door, huh

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1315517837578969088?s=21

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The worst 3 Point Shooters Of All Time In The 3 Point Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIjwaEtHB4U

Shaq
DeAndre Jordan
Kareem
Ben Simmons
Joakim Noah
Dwight Howard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Largepotato posted:

The worst 3 Point Shooters Of All Time In The 3 Point Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIjwaEtHB4U

Shaq
DeAndre Jordan
Kareem
Ben Simmons
Joakim Noah
Dwight Howard

Anyone else find it funny that in the three point shooting contest a shot is worth one point?