Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

HEY GUNS posted:

and especially don't post about non-milhist-related politics in order to be a dick.

This rule remains in force, indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Cyrano4747 posted:

FYI everyone Ensign Expendable has agreed to be an IK for this thread.

So if he tells you to shut the gently caress up and stop fighting about something dumb and move the conversation on to another dumb slap fight, listen to him.

Think of him like a SNCO who happens to know a whole lot about T34s.

I just came here to post, I have been beaten.

Yes, listen to EE. He is helping out during a particularly rough time IRL that is a living nightmare. I do not actually know if IKs can do things like change thread titles, so still feel free to PM/report for something like that. I am not going anywhere, this is just a fast thread that I can't keep up with.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

edit: also sorry, didn't know you were going to announce. Probably should have checked on that. My bad.

Is cool. I'm spending most of my time making a makeshift hospital ward at the moment anyway so who knows when I was going to get to it.

Also while I'm here, by far the most common complaint in the thread is people starting modern political slapfights, please don't do that. We have literal entire forums for modern political slapfighting, you're welcome to do so there. I don't think any of us want to institute a blanket rule like "nothing from the past three decades" as some history discussion places do, given how much warfare has changed in very recent history, so please just control yourselves.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 26, 2020

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

What a surprise it's this loving derail again that absolutely flooded the reports queue. It seems you guys already moved into the shut the gently caress up phase, which is good. Please remain in the shut the gently caress up box.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

All languages drift in their spoken forms, and without regular enforced spelling reforms the written version becomes less similar to the spoken. English doesn't really have spelling reform.

Also it's not nearly as crazy as people like to make it out as, having taught English a number of years to EFL students there are plenty of rules, there are just a lot of them and a lot of exceptions (which are themselves often regular). Otherwise it would be impossible to pronounce a word that you've only seen written, like Chinese where the writing carries no phonetic information at all.

That said of the languages I've studied, Russian and German are the most phonetically spelled. Korean is fairly close, but only if you speak Seoul dialect which I did not. Chinese, as I said, the question doesn't even apply.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Hello milhist thread I'd like to know more information about this: https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...55.cms?from=mdr

quote:

The new tank ammunition called 'Penetration-Cum Blast (PCB) and Thermobaric (TB) Ammunition' is specially designed for Arjun Tank and was recently tested by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I just wanted to post Penetration-Cum Blast tbh I didn't actually have questions.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

taqueso posted:

I can't believe it was released in 2016 but the internet is just finding out now.

Sometimes it takes a while for the cum blast to leak out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Show boabs and engine plz