Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«52 »
zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

On my beer can it says brewed in Michigan. Have any goons visited Michigan? Do you drink beer? I really need to know more about Michigan.

Please tell me more about Wisconsin, Michigan, and anything except Chicago because I visit Chicago.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Sorry OP, I've only been to the UP of Michigan which is actually Wisconsin

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

There was a small town hall on the way there and they were flying 3 flags: the US flag, the POW-MIA flag, and the Packers flag

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

I had a map once and it told me there is a lot of cheese in Wisconsin however I cannot confirm or deny this fact.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

My friend got catfished really hard by some chick in Michigan back in the Highschool MySpace days. She lives in some trailer park with her trump loving husband nowadays. Whenever we bring her up he still gets mad. Anyways, I hope that helps describe Michigan for you.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

I'm drinking Founder's Solid Gold

zaepg fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 23, 2019

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

Fun Shoe

founders is good beer op, i hear they have legal weed now too, overall though it's the bad state you need to drive through from ontario to get to better places

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sleeping Bear dunes and the great lakes rule

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Feb 17, 2011

meat

The state of Michigan

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Last time I visited Michigan the highway was under construction so they set up an hour's worth of detour signs on side streets that just dumped us out in Ohio.

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

I absolutely hate it. Terrible place to live.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

It looks like a hand apparently? Its where guns get smuggled into Canada. Please stop doing that fyi.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Michigan has Detroit.

Considering you hear nothing else about Michigan I assume Detroit is the highlight of the state and the rest is a true hellpit.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

GREETINGS FELLOW PERSONS, IT IS GOOD TO BE A PERSON, HERE, POSTING WITH YOU

Michigan has the world's 3rd largest sand dunes. The world's. In Michigan.

...they have some nice back country campsites there too.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

W E L C O M E T O M Y C U S T O M T I T L E ! ! !

Plaster Town Cop

The winter is insanely bad and there are hicks everywhere, but the people are mostly very polite and resigned to living in a boring and isolated place. Lots of redneck Dems and Republican environmentalists, somehow

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

Nope.

Not my favourite Sufjan Stevens album but it's good for a listen every now and then.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Michigan is cheap and the people are generally really nice but it also sucks complete rear end (will not be elaborating).

Try Oberon before it goes away if you want more Michigan beer though.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Everyone in michigan is either a mega-chud or a really cool person who knows how pointless life is and is cool to hang out with and chill with also.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Stark Fist posted:

The winter is insanely bad

So is the water

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Also the last time I was in Michigan Vanilla Ice was playing at some 4th of July festival. This was like 2 years ago and I was shocked he is still alive.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Hicks root for the Packers and everyone else roots for the Lions. That’s the extent of my knowledge of Michigan.

KING EGG
Dec 1, 2000

Saturday is "Treat Day"

There's a big gently caress of lake near there. I don't know what it's called though. Maybe Lake Diarrhea.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Laslow posted:

Hicks root for the Packers and everyone else roots for the Lions. That’s the extent of my knowledge of Michigan.

accurate

KING EGG posted:

There's a big gently caress of lake near there. I don't know what it's called though. Maybe Lake Diarrhea.

also accurate

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Faygo and bettermade chips. thats what's good in michigan.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

KING EGG posted:

Huron. It's called Lake Huron.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

the only good thing about michigan was a sandwich i had at a deli in grand rapids. the place is closed now. so there probably isn't any good things about michigan anymore.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

Back in action!

I live right here!

/points at hand

naem
May 29, 2011

I was born in Michigan and spent my early childhood years there and remember it fondly, but every time i’ve been back it has been a damp overcast swampy hell-hole largely not fit for human habitation thank you this has been my Ted Talk®️™️©️

naem
May 29, 2011

the cost of living is low and also there are plants, and, aminal

also water

you could go there or not

truly the “Ohio of the North”

naem
May 29, 2011

what if “Ohio” but damp-er

1redflag
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Whooping Crabs posted:

Sleeping Bear dunes and the great lakes rule

This is true. The UP is also crazy beautiful and the closer you get to it, the more likely you are to find pasties (think chicken pot pie without the tin) for sale, which are loving delicious.

naem
May 29, 2011

what if “Canada” but not universal heath care

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Feb 17, 2011

meat

Michigan? No thanks I'm okay with Mich just once.

KING EGG
Dec 1, 2000

Saturday is "Treat Day"

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huron. It's called Lake Huron.

Greta. Now I know another fact about the USA that I'll remember at odd times for no reason.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Grand Rapids has lots of beer OP, and is probably the least poo poo place to live in the state (not saying much)

Michigan is great to do outdoorsy poo poo in but sucks in most every other way. Tho I hear there is now weed which is cool

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

A cool book for kids about Michigan and the Great Lakes is “Paddle to the Sea”

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Michigan is home to the greatest third-world city in the western hemisphere. You don't want to drink the water.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of "meh"

My ex moved to Michigan to join Scientology only she wasn't rich so they weren't super interested in her. Now she washes dogs or something. She doesn't like me much.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

i am from michigan

michigan sucks rear end but the great lakes absolutely rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Top Cop

Hello I am also from Michigan and like that other poster I have extremely fond memories growing up there in the 90s, though now when I go back I'm just incredibly disappointed.

I grew up in West Michigan, the very white-sand-beach western side, not the Detroit side. As was said, the UP is Wisconsin and filled with ticks n' hicks, Lake Michigan is rad but cold and filled with lead, the state itself really fell apart in 2008 or so in a very real way.

Lake Effect snow and rusty domestic cars. That's Michigan.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 23, 2019

«52 »