Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«52 »
bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Squashy Nipples posted:

You guys are starting to out-Florida Florida.

We're Florida's childhood home honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth IK

bagmonkey posted:

If you're local enough to Western and you need a mask, let me know. My mom would be more than glad to make you one!

This is from a while back, but I wanted to thank this kind goon and his or her mother for the offer, and let them know I found a solution.

Flour sack towel:

Doodads for keeping fitted sheets in place:

Final product:

I left it long so I can tuck it into the neck of my shirt. I took a photo of myself modeling it, but no one wants to see that. Itís a great improvement over trying a bigass knot behind my head.

The_Continental
Jan 13, 2019

My god, Winston, is that infernal sun still giving my buttocks that entirely too cool smirk?!

Squashy Nipples posted:

If you visit Florida you are very likely to run into someone from Michigan.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grimey Drawer

this might be stupid but I believe the answer to guns is more guns

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

It's your HPV, Veronica. I'm just carrying it.

https://twitter.com/gobeheroes/stat...813055947747329

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

i am the bruce of the willis

poo poo, she went to Forest Hills Central?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

this rules

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

what are buffs

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ham Wrangler

Telebite posted:

what are buffs

(I did not know this either) they are some ~$2500 Cartier sunglasses that are popular in Detroit

https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/...nt?oid=13457687

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Telebite posted:

what are buffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncsy3-TbmOw

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

lol i thought they were some kind of cheek implants lmao

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress drivin' all the way up to Somerset.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...-era/3085904001

bummer. it must've hurt to have to reject them

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Lipstick Apathy

Royal Oak City Commissioner and candidate for Oakland County Board of Commissioners Kim Gibbs is having quite the 2020.

Nine days after she got censured and asked to resign by the City Commission for participating in the first round of Lansing protests, she decided to apply a five finger discount to a cartload of poo poo from Meijer.

https://www.dailytribune.com/news/c...6c47960aa1.html

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I gave some cash to New Era Detroit after reading that article. What are some other good down ballot candidates/campaigns/local orgs that could use help?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Nth Doctor posted:

Royal Oak City Commissioner and candidate for Oakland County Board of Commissioners Kim Gibbs is having quite the 2020.

Nine days after she got censured and asked to resign by the City Commission for participating in the first round of Lansing protests, she decided to apply a five finger discount to a cartload of poo poo from Meijer.

https://www.dailytribune.com/news/c...6c47960aa1.html

lol

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grimey Drawer

wow

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Anyone want to go Up North and realize nothing is open yet this weekend????

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

Anyone want to go Up North and realize nothing is open yet this weekend????

The mosquitoes are open. And the no-see-ums. And the ticks.

There was still snow in the woods in a few spots above the bridge.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I need to drive to Northern Michigan from New England.

Usually, I would drive though Canada to avoid Detroit, but I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to?
What are the Canadian borders like these days?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Squashy Nipples posted:

I need to drive to Northern Michigan from New England.

Usually, I would drive though Canada to avoid Detroit, but I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to?
What are the Canadian borders like these days?

Take 275 north until it connects with 75 (it doesn't dead end directly, you'll need to go West on I96 when it ends and then north on US23 that merges with 75) and you're on your way up north and bypassing Detroit.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

You simply can't go into Canada right now.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Take 275 north until it connects with 75 (it doesn't dead end directly, you'll need to go West on I96 when it ends and then north on US23 that merges with 75) and you're on your way up north and bypassing Detroit.

Um, if I can't go through Canada, looks like I have to go through Toledo? So that looks like it would be State Route 23 to I-75 North.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

Um, if I can't go through Canada, looks like I have to go through Toledo? So that looks like it would be State Route 23 to I-75 North.

Yeah, that'll do also, if not better. 75 will take you up north just fine.

Where are you headed exactly?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Petoskey.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I love Petoskey! Enjoy!

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Cat Army
2nd Battalion

Or y'all could stay home like you're supposed to.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

number 1 snake fan posted:

Or y'all could stay home like you're supposed to.

It's a business trip. For a business that is allowed to operate.

No way I'm taking a vacation to the disease capital of America right now.

EDIT: Sorry, it's early, that was too strong.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 11:29 on May 19, 2020

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Lipstick Apathy

Oh cool. Mrs. Doctor's work just published their plan to re-open their offices after 2+ months of WFH.
Masks and gloves optional.

Peeches
May 24, 2018

Nth Doctor posted:

Oh cool. Mrs. Doctor's work just published their plan to re-open their offices after 2+ months of WFH.
Masks and gloves optional.

Additional 2 more months?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Lipstick Apathy

Peeches posted:

Additional 2 more months?

Sadly no. They've been WFH for 2 months so far. Plan begins for most June, as soon as next week for some.

Peeches
May 24, 2018

Nth Doctor posted:

Sadly no. They've been WFH for 2 months so far. Plan begins for most June, as soon as next week for some.

I have a feeling they are going to booked for months.its hard enough to get in to a doctor these days.

optional masks and gloves?? smh

Toupee Groupie
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

So are all the Midland goons safe out there with the multiple dam colapses? Downtown Midland to be under nine feet of water tomorrow!
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...gan/5226321002/
Hopefully it doesn't get to the Dow Chem lab areas with all the fun chemicals and such.. oh, and the largest nuclear research reactor still in service in the USA at 100MW.
Nukes and floods don't mix.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

Michigan is Ur-Florida, it's pointed the other direction and is cold but is the same in all other respects

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Squashy Nipples posted:

US-23 from Toledo through Ann Arbor and Flint where you then hook up to 75. That's probably how I would do it anyway, no need to go either in to Detroit or through Canada.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

Cease, cows, life is short.

Pillbug

I work near that area and have family that lives around there that have been evacuated. So crazy! I remember the flood of 1986 and this is supposed to crest 5 feet higher than that.

And Iím the only one in the office today because everybody else lives on the other side of the river and would have to take 3 hours out of their way to get here.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

Forums Rutabaga

stay safe michigoons

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ham Wrangler

Michigan Summer Beer Fest cancelled. Expected, but still sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

no need to go either in to Detroit or through Canada.

Right, I'm coming from Boston though, so driving through Canada saves me 3+ hours vs going around the lake through Toledo, even with waits at the borders.
The only reason I mentioned Detroit is I had previously flown into Detroit and driven to Petoskey, and my MI geography is poor. Well, was poor, getting better.

There is a chance they might open the border next month. We'll see.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Michigan is Ur-Florida, it's pointed the other direction and is cold but is the same in all other respects

And so close! It's due north of the Panhandle. I met several people in northern MI who wintered in the panhandle.

I always thought of Florida as "South of Boston", but of course you have to drive a considerable distance west to even get to East Coast Florida. See my previous comment about weak geography skills.

«52 »