Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«52 »
number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Cat Army
2nd Battalion

totalnewbie posted:

I think that's fair.

This sounds a lot like missing the forest for the trees.

But most of all, you sound really mad about living in AA. You should consider moving elsewhere.

Yeah that's really easy for someone who's super poor. Bougie rear end. I split rent with my partner (did i mention that we're queer and can't move to Canton/Saline etc bc of bigotry) and our rent is collectively $720 a month. Get back to me when you can find housing that's within that range in a place that doesn't want us dead and doesn't require moving hours away from where we work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Continental
Jan 13, 2019

My god, Winston, is that infernal sun still giving my buttocks that entirely too cool smirk?!

number 1 snake fan posted:

Yeah that's really easy for someone who's super poor. Bougie rear end. I split rent with my partner (did i mention that we're queer and can't move to Canton/Saline etc bc of bigotry) and our rent is collectively $720 a month. Get back to me when you can find housing that's within that range in a place that doesn't want us dead and doesn't require moving hours away from where we work.

First of all, Ugh.

Secondly, Ypsi?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Little late but I feel bad for you guys who never had decent bottle rockets. You have to get the big ones. Almost as good as canister shells.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Yes, I'm totally bougie because I suggested you move away from somewhere you clearly hate living.

You're willing to move as far away as Canton or Saline but can't find any place in your price range?

Here's a place for 750. Sorry, it's 30 bucks more a month but I spent 2 minutes on this. I'm sure you could do better with a little more effort.

https://www.apartments.com/755-camp...755-14/cs2t8hd/

Yeah poo poo sucks for you because the economy doesn't favor mobility, because bigots are assholes and everywhere, etc. I get that it really sucks for you but maybe try some meditation.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 2, 2020

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

UltraRed posted:

Seriously.

Also, Ann Arbor exists because of the University and the Hospital. The University exists (to the outside world) because of football. Sundays belong to the football crowd. Hell, even the sound in the air belongs tot hem. You can hear them throughout the city.

Growing up in the North East, I would occasionally hear someone talking about how amazing Ann Arbor was. It was always someone who went to school there, and they would go on and on about how much they missed it.

I was like 25 when I found out Ann Arbor was in Michigan. They *NEVER* mentioned that part.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

totalnewbie posted:

Yes, I'm totally bougie because I suggested you move away from somewhere you clearly hate living.

You're willing to move as far away as Canton or Saline but can't find any place in your price range?

Here's a place for 750. Sorry, it's 30 bucks more a month but I spent 2 minutes on this. I'm sure you could do better with a little more effort.

Yeah poo poo sucks for you because the economy doesn't favor mobility, because bigots are assholes and everywhere, etc. I get that it really sucks for you but maybe try some meditation.

dickhead

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Waiting for his chance

Saline has more of a problem with bigotry than Ann Arbor, but it's not like it's Walled Lake or something.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ann Arbor is so pretentious it demands to be front and center even in the SA Michigan thread.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Happy Hedonist posted:

Ann Arbor is so pretentious it demands to be front and center even in the SA Michigan thread.

Whenever it comes up that i grew up in A2, im always quick to point out i wasnt born there. Especially to other Michiganders.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX

Plaster Town Cop

I manage a hair salon in Ann Arbor and often want to die

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

Come to Plymouth, get stuck by trains!

UltraRed
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dude, I know two gay couples in Canton and one trans couple. I also work with a gay couple in Ann Arbor who has a had a drunk rear end neighbor bang on the walls of their apartment and tell them they need to come outside so he can watch them gently caress. Assholes are everywhere.

You want to live in a city that has a large well-renown university, a nationally known football team, one of the largest, best equipped hospitals in the mid-west, a walkable decent sized downtown, abundant jobs for skilled workers, restaurants for practically every cuisine out there, grocery stores with prices comparable to the rest of the state, a small but thriving night life, and an art scene and then you call us bougie?

Happy Hedonist posted:

LOL

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I had sex with a woman from Canton for a bit

UltraRed
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

that's the only duration you have sex for

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Cat Army
2nd Battalion

totalnewbie posted:

*Fart noises*

Lincolnstein posted:

Come to Plymouth, get stuck by trains!

Yeah bro, i dated a guy who lived there and the train noise was UNREAL

number 1 snake fan fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 3, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Saline has more of a problem with bigotry than Ann Arbor, but it's not like it's Walled Lake or something.

did you see the poo poo that was goin down with the school board meetings tho drat

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Waiting for his chance

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

did you see the poo poo that was goin down with the school board meetings tho drat

I was grateful my kid already graduated or I'd have been obliged to show up at the meeting. Feh.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

delicious

Canton shut-in cis het white boy here, feel free to drop of dump truck of salt on this post, buuuuuuuuuuut are you really sure that being queer is a problem here? I've been living here for over a year and I get the feeling that this is a "buy your groceries, go home and don't talk to each other" kind of place.

UltraRed
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

olives black posted:

Canton shut-in cis het white boy here, feel free to drop of dump truck of salt on this post, buuuuuuuuuuut are you really sure that being queer is a problem here? I've been living here for over a year and I get the feeling that this is a "buy your groceries, go home and don't talk to each other" kind of place.

Pretty much all suburbs in the US are this.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

I think it depends a lot on your age and stage in life. If you’re young and looking to party in those scenes, Canton is not great for anything other than a home base. If you’re older and living a mostly boring life like us boring fucks, but just happen to be gay, you’re pretty good in most suburbs. I’m in a very red city (South Lyon) but I’ve seen nothing but people be very accepting of the gay families here. In my Pulte sub my boys are best friends with a boy who has two moms and it’s offered us an awesome opportunity to expose them to a broader perspective.

I remember when one of my sons mentioned at dinner “Did you know Jacob has two Moms? Is that weird?” I replied with “Sounds like he’s a seriously lucky boy to have two moms” and they all agreed since Dad is always the boring one in our house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltraRed
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

TraderStav posted:

Canton is not great for anything other than a home base.

That's the purpose of the suburbs. They're giant residential areas built for the purpose of being residential areas. Your drive from them to where you need to go.

«52 »