Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Corporations just announced they're all going to be good and not care about profts though I thought????? I saw it in the news, how is this lie happening.`

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Obviously Jeff Bezos is the only man who can stop this

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

there won't be a revolution lmao

why? not all of us can be suffering from plantar fasciitis

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wangsbig posted:

why? not all of us can be suffering from plantar fasciitis

Because you lack skills

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

DB Pooper posted:

Obviously Jeff Bezos is the only man who can stop this

The wrong Amazon is burning.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Saw a video of an indigenous woman shouting over a roar of burning trees behind her, shouting something like "the bastards finally came to kill us". After a lot of assassinations and mercenary killers attacking protesters, South Trump finally decided to tell his people to just go ahead and genocide the natives and he'd look the other way. Then he blamed environmentalists for the fires.

So the next time somebody talks about "eco-fascism" kick him in right in his stupid nuts.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

phasmid posted:

Saw a video of an indigenous woman shouting over a roar of burning trees behind her, shouting something like "the bastards finally came to kill us".

did you see the video on youtube? because that would be hella ironic!

(youtube's Algorithm promoted the gently caress out of the "highly engaging" videos that got Bolsenaro into power, making google a modest amount of ad revenue while electing a fascist and burning down the amazon)

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
If god wanted for there to be rainforest then he would have given it guns

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Resting Lich Face posted:

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011
This should kill lots of spiders, especially those giant blue/green ones that make underground burrows, so this isn't a total catastrophe. And lots of Parrots, cause gently caress those birds.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
On the bright side, it might reveal some ancient ruins.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Edgar posted:

The aftereffects are definitely going to leave some

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A Loud Fart posted:

This should kill lots of spiders, especially those giant blue/green ones that make underground burrows, so this isn't a total catastrophe. And lots of Parrots, cause gently caress those birds.

You’re kinda a pussy aren’t you?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

There won't be a revolution only survivalism. Arm up goons!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol the collective human race is now The Goon in a Well.

Guys my planet is dying. Should I burn more carbon?

"NO. Don't burn carbon! It increases the warming effect. Reduce emissions instead."

I'm gonna burn some carbon. My economy needs this forest.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Chomp8645 posted:

"NO. Don't burn carbon! It increases the warming effect. Reduce emissions instead."

:perfect:

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

You’re kinda a pussy aren’t you?

I can live the rest of my days without spiders. RAID aerosol will clean up the uneaten bugs.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I already saw the Planet Earth episode about Amazon who gives a gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

lmao

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Chomp8645 posted:

god drat

if I could piss in the well I would

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Klyith posted:

(youtube's Algorithm promoted the gently caress out of the "highly engaging" videos that got Bolsenaro into power, making google a modest amount of ad revenue while electing a fascist and burning down the amazon)

Goddamn. I remember when Google changed their slogan to "don't be evil :)" a few years ago and I got this terrible sinking feeling.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
clearing the amazon is hosed up but like on a micro scale no one gave a gently caress when they cleared a few acres of forest near me for apartments, for example. or when several of my neighbors cleared all of their trees because of hurricanes (some of the trees are over a 100 years old so i doubt they'll fall and crush your house bud) and i poo poo you not, "they were tired of birds pooping on their cars"

if it wasnt too late to avoid globally baking and asphyxiating i'd be more angry

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How much of the Amazon can Bolsonaro actually cut down? Can he even deforest the place any faster than during the 80s?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Grouchio posted:

How much of the Amazon can Bolsonaro actually cut down? Can he even deforest the place any faster than during the 80s?

Probably. Modern tech + 0 fucks given...

Also your avatar is terrible in a good way. Yeeeeeeuuurghhh

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Devils Affricate posted:

He was democratically elected

that's one way to phrase "a corrupt judge jailed and barred his opponent who had a +80% approval rating from holding public office right before the elections"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Grouchio posted:

They were already doing like 3x the '80s deforestation rate before they all got together to get more fires started.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Plus they just made a big deal with a large logging company from I think Canada. They're choppin.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Loud Fart posted:

I can live the rest of my days without spiders. RAID aerosol will clean up the uneaten bugs.
no you fool

RAID is made from spiders, that's how it can kill bugs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

that's one way to phrase "a corrupt judge jailed and barred his opponent who had a +80% approval rating from holding public office right before the elections"
Yes, that's democracy

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Brazil could just blackmail the rest of the world like India apparently plans to do with coal plants.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Living in Brazil, watching the news in the last few months has been severely exhausting.

gently caress it is depressing :smith:

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

ZZZorcerer posted:

Living in Brazil this world, watching the news in the last few months has been severely exhausting.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It would be cool if this made everyone die

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Pontificating rear end posted:

It would be cool if this made everyone die

You're in luck.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Edgar posted:

why do you think the fire won't just destroy them?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i feel like we've hit that point where there's no turning back but maybe that happened a long time ago. the world is hosed.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
gently caress it, let's kill the rich and have a party while the world burns

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Resting Lich Face posted:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Brazil's having a fire sale and we're all participating whether you like it or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

Living in Brazil, watching the news in the last few months has been severely exhausting.

I hope you're organizing down there!