Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Just heard the fires a spreading into Bolivia 🇧🇴. Cool international event now.

Yes terrifying but Bolivia has a president who isn't content to let it burn

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Global-SuperTanker-based-out-of-Colorado-Springs-activated-557911531.html

quote:

SANTA CRUZ, Bolivia (KKTV) - The Global SuperTanker, a massive aircraft used to fight wildfires that is based out of Colorado Springs, is being called upon to help battle fires in the Amazon.

Dan Reese, president of Global SuperTanker Services, confirmed the plane landed in Santa Cruz, Bolivia early in the morning on Aug. 23. Operations began almost immediately.

"We were contracted for a minimum of 14 days and are in day three of operations where we are at about a four to five drop/day tempo," Reese said Monday in an email to 11 News.

https://twitter.com/evoespueblo/status/1164636727207743488?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Any news on this fire? Is it true the president of Brazil is being a twat and won’t allow help from other countries? Wtf

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018

Resting Lich Face posted:

Nah that's a lame copout. I want our end to be our doing and entirely preventable. No supervolcano, no giant asteroid, just human ingenuity and hubris.

i dont want to deal with another century slowly watching poor countries drown as the floodwaters reach us when a gamma ray burst lasts for at most several hours. and itll be even funnier if we actually start comprehensive global warming relief efforts maybe a year beforehand

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Piggy Smalls posted:

Any news on this fire? Is it true the president of Brazil is being a twat and won’t allow help from other countries? Wtf

Bolsonero is basically Brazilian Trump but more blatantly fascist. Also probably less stupid than Trump, not that that's much of a feat.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Trump during rainforest burning, “we need more deforestation!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...618c_story.html

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Piggy Smalls posted:

His whiny rear end wants Macron to retract his "insulting statements" about Bostonaro before accepting help.

He should be skinned alive.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The rainforest melting away may turn out to be the best thing for the Earth, as things should really start improving once the planet is no longer suitable to human life.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
nothing a climate holocaust and 5 million years of regrowth cant fix!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Facebook Aunt posted:

Using wildfires to solve political problems seems like a bad idea. Yeah, I'm gonna go with bad. Once they get going they are notoriously hard to control, and don't tend to stop at city limits. Much less go around the farmland and cattle land that used to be forest. Wildfire is not a sensible tool.

fascists are the stupidest mother fuckers on this gay rear end earth and dont care

nut
Jul 30, 2019

think about all the cool fireproof species that will evolve out of it tho

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Negrostrike posted:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Burt Sexual posted:

Trump during rainforest burning, “we need more deforestation!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...618c_story.html

lmao oh donnie

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Negrostrike posted:

His whiny rear end wants Macron to retract his "insulting statements" about Bostonaro before accepting help.

its literally just an excuse to do nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

bee eater posted:

think about all the cool fireproof species that will evolve out of it tho

I dunno, Australia's tree species have mostly adapted to fire by making the fires worse