Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace of Baes
what are your favorite (non Disney/Pixar/miyzaki) kids movies? kids being anything pg, obscure or foreign kids tv shows are welcome too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Probably My Neighbor Totoro.

Escape From Noise

The first three Wallace and Gromit films were rad.

Goons Are Gifts

Find all the Nemos

Or lion king because I never felt prepared for it

Heather Papps

hello friend

a goofy movie is king of movies

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
i am a kids show expert now.

we watch a lot of nature documentaries.
you vs. wild with bear grylls on netflix is really fun for the kids. it's an interactive choose your own adventure thing. (do we RAPPEL THE CANYON or WALK ACROSS LOG BRIDGE ?)

the lego movies are fun and cute. so are the animated lego short movies, like the jurassic park or avengers ones.

Soul Reaver

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
Probably The Last Unicorn. Pretty sure that's PG.
Was disappointed when I watched the original English though (saw it in German initially) and found out that Mia Farrow CANNOT sing.

Escape From Noise

Most of The Muppets movies but especially The Muppet Movie and Muppet Treasure Island stick in my mind.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
the dark crystal and looking forward to the netflix series coming out next friday

Escape From Noise

More like Dank Crystal!

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Most of The Muppets movies but especially The Muppet Movie and Muppet Treasure Island stick in my mind.

gotta be somthing better, somthing better, theres gotta be something better out there for meeeeeeeeeeee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMgclhlpwb0

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

gotta be somthing better, somthing better, theres gotta be something better out there for meeeeeeeeeeee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMgclhlpwb0

Upstage, boys! This is my ONLY number!

Fenrir

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Muppet Treasure Island

This

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
The Secret of NIMH is an overlooked favorite of mine.

FactsAreUseless

Muppet Treasure Island
It's just an okay Muppet movie but it's a fantastic Treasure Island adaptation. That entire book lives and dies on the relationship between Jim and Long John Silver, and Muppet Treasure Island has a great one. It's also why Treasure Planet sucks so incredibly hard.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

extremely agree and :love:

canyoneer

Jedrick posted:

i don't care what people say, li-ions will never fully replace them

Stoner Sloth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-SUoHmpRdM

e: this is all i remember of my childhood

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Throwing in a vote for the Black Cauldron. Secret of Kells is a good one too.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Finger Prince

What age kids? Like little ones, probably Bright Primary Colours Cartoon. Little older; Goonies, Neverending Story, Princess Bride, Robocop, Terminator.

Heather Papps

hello friend

brave little toaster

nut

Heather Papps posted:

brave little toaster

no way dud elamp scared the hell out of me

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

no way dud elamp scared the hell out of me

yaeh i showed it to my 2 year old niece and my sister was like it is scary and i was like, not to a toddler try and stop me

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Super Mario Bros. (Yeah, that one)

Drink-Mix Man

Heather Papps posted:

brave little toaster

Smdh this hasn't been a "live action" remake yet

nut

i like where the wild things are but i was too old to see it as a kid

Escape From Noise

bee eater posted:

i like where the wild things are but i was too old to see it as a kid

That book will always be a favorite of mine.

alnilam

Muppet Treasure Island

What was that song that just happened?

ty manifisto

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Super Mario Bros. (Yeah, that one)

this was going to be my unironic response, it is a delightful family sci-fi adventure with great music and visuals. never gonna understand people upset it wasn't about a guy jumping and punching boxes for 90 minutes, the games are not exactly set up for cinematic greatness

lost my old email

food court bailiff posted:

this was going to be my unironic response, it is a delightful family sci-fi adventure with great music and visuals. never gonna understand people upset it wasn't about a guy jumping and punching boxes for 90 minutes, the games are not exactly set up for cinematic greatness

like NOW i get it but as a kid i was pissed that it was not the game which suggests maybe it failed as a child entertainment. same with street fighter

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Rockman Reserve

idk i loved it as a kid but admittedly i got the picture storybook from a book fair ages before actually seeing the movie so by the time i watched it i had this insane headcanon built up already like how iggy and spike were human piranha plants and stuff

canyoneer

lost my old email posted:

like NOW i get it but as a kid i was pissed that it was not the game which suggests maybe it failed as a child entertainment. same with street fighter

this article is a proclick about the street fighter movie
https://www.polygon.com/features/2014/3/10/5451014/street-fighter-the-movie-what-went-wrong

Drink-Mix Man

It makes me wonder if it would have been a more revered family movie had been called something else. I mean, it's at least on the same level as something like Gremlins. (Have you watched Gremlins lately? It's kind of not great.)

I kind of wish more franchise movies would play that fast and loose with how they adapt the source material. I thought that aspect was cool when I was a kid.

An another subject, I just remembered Hook. Hook was cool and underrated.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jtLTS7T8cc

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToVHzUDYJgU

lost my old email

the intro is slightly "entertainment reporting [irritating] style" but there are some cool stories in here about, for example, JCVD being a pill head

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Rockman Reserve

i have actually never seen gremlins but i feel like i know a lot about it through osmosis

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

i have actually never seen gremlins but i feel like i know a lot about it through osmosis

Please watch it.

It really is an excellent classic, the acting is great; the plot line is great, it's a classic Steven Spielberg holiday family funfest

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

2 is better honestly sorry guys i mean it for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

2 is better honestly sorry guys i mean it for real

No argument here, it does in fact break the standard mold of the 2nd movie being the worst out of a trilogy but 2 is def. better but see 1 first

EDIT: Not to imply there was a Gremlins 3, but apparently there is a Gremlins reboot being discussed

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 29, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!