Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
poo poo, did the Ouya really predate KitKat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Just keep in mind, your platform doesn’t matter at all for this title. We ALL have a chance to actually play together and pub stomp.

And that really, really owns.

I'm going to reserve my pleasure with crossplay until I see that it actually is implemented and works

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I really wish call of duty just made their currency’s universal. I bet I have a few bucks tied up in previous editions. BUT I WANNA BUY THE NEW STUFF!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

soggybagel posted:

I really wish call of duty just made their currency’s universal. I bet I have a few bucks tied up in previous editions. BUT I WANNA BUY THE NEW STUFF!!!

COD points are universal though?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think he means carrying forward from previous games, given that the premium currency is just called *cod points" and not "*specific to the cod you're playing* points".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

I think he means carrying forward from previous games, given that the premium currency is just called *cod points" and not "*specific to the cod you're playing* points".

That...that’s exactly how cod points work?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wouldn't know, they haven't been worth spending since Black Ops 3.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

been playing the BLOPS 4 MP some lately while I'm waiting for this. What are the best guns, goons?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You sure? drat I’m stupid. I feel like I have some premium currency stuck in blops 4.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

veni veni veni posted:

been playing the BLOPS 4 MP some lately while I'm waiting for this. What are the best guns, goons?

The ones from whatever the latest loot box is

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ah, the "Warhammer Army Codex" school of game balance.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Nah, the Stingray and crossbow got nerfed, so pick the guns that have High Caliber 1 & 2 for maximum tryhard.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Well, it still falls in line with their balance scheme; always fix it after you get their money.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Havalina is basically a semi-auto Paladin. I've heard its not too bad on console but its insane on PC because its so much easier to manage the recoil with a mouse.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Has there been any talk about this going on Xbox Games Pass? Just looking for the biggest way to bring new goons in with the crossplay and god drat, it would be sweet to be able to do that for just $2.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The last time Activision put a Call of Duty game (in this case Infinite Warfare) on the Windows Store MS had to give people refunds because not enough people bought the game. COD PC is exclusively on Battle.Net at this point.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Word. All right I’ll think of something.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
How does crossplay work with the superior frame rate on PC?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WattsvilleBlues posted:

How does crossplay work with the superior frame rate on PC?

They haven’t decided! There’s a planned crossplay beta 19-23 where they’re going to see how it works. Crossplay details are to be discussed on Sept. 16 after the first beta weekend.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At first I was really hoping MW would have Battle Royale, but I'm realizing that lately I am getting absolutely burnt out on the genre and want to play shooters where I get to shoot things more than once every 25 minutes again. I'm kind of glad it's not gonna be in there tbh.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Heh

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fix your loving PS4

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fix your loving PS4

Wow

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

At first I was really hoping MW would have Battle Royale, but I'm realizing that lately I am getting absolutely burnt out on the genre and want to play shooters where I get to shoot things more than once every 25 minutes again. I'm kind of glad it's not gonna be in there tbh.

Don’t worry it’s supposed to be coming at a later date. COD Mobile has a BR mode, too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm cool with that. I just want to take a breather and play some regular shootmans for a while. Maybe when it actually comes out I'll be in the mood. Everyone who plays BLOPS 4 only plays Blackout now so I end up playing almost nothing but that even though I'm spent on it.

I am just soo sick of that loving map good lord.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I'm cool with that. I just want to take a breather and play some regular shootmans for a while. Maybe when it actually comes out I'll be in the mood. Everyone who plays BLOPS 4 only plays Blackout now so I end up playing almost nothing but that even though I'm spent on it.

I am just soo sick of that loving map good lord.

There's always Switch Siege IW...

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

i'm going to play this game on noted terrible videogames platform the xbox one, and i'm ready for my old man reflexes to get repeatedly owned by 14 year olds who call me the gamer word

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Which of you PS4 degenerates are going to be on the beta this weekend?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If i remember to pre-order it :effort:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Which of you PS4 degenerates are going to be on the beta this weekend?

I can play Saturday-Monday

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yo if anyone has an extra beta code this dude right here would love one.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Sure am glad I blew $10 on a month of PS+ only for Amazon to not send me my beta code!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:capitalism:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m just gonna go to GameStop. Should just be printed on the receipt.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
Game loving owns.

Only had time to play one 10v10 dom on Grazna.

Initial thoughts:

- I fuckin suck with the default assault loadout AR
- The AUG is pretty fun
- MP5 (I think) was shredding
- Not used to not having a minimap in core
- Deployable cover placed can actually shut down a hallway decently
- Cruise missile isn't as deadly as Hellstorms from BO2 but fun to use
- Chopper gunner is fun as poo poo and the rockets can really help on dom flags
- Lots of pop-in but the game is visually engaging. There's just a lot going on and the flavor animations for killstreaks/spawning to start the match are a nice touch.
- I haven't felt like this after playing solo since BO2. Cannot wait to group up and play.

edit - psn: toographik

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Sure am glad I blew $10 on a month of PS+ only for Amazon to not send me my beta code!

Amazon sent me one and it had already been redeemed :banjo:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

anuj posted:

Game loving owns.

Only had time to play one 10v10 dom on Grazna.

Initial thoughts:

- I fuckin suck with the default assault loadout AR
- The AUG is pretty fun
- MP5 (I think) was shredding
- Not used to not having a minimap in core
- Deployable cover placed can actually shut down a hallway decently
- Cruise missile isn't as deadly as Hellstorms from BO2 but fun to use
- Chopper gunner is fun as poo poo and the rockets can really help on dom flags
- Lots of pop-in but the game is visually engaging. There's just a lot going on and the flavor animations for killstreaks/spawning to start the match are a nice touch.
- I haven't felt like this after playing solo since BO2. Cannot wait to group up and play.

edit - psn: toographik

This is so awesome to read. I couldn’t be more pumped!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

It looks loving amazing on a Pro, and I haven't seen a hint of pop in. Im not sure how much having an SSD installed helps with that vs the stock hard drive though.

Also, I've already heard people called faggots and n words, so this truly is Call of Duty.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This game is awesome. CoD went back to its roots and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am worse at this game than any MP game I have ever played and I seriously have no fuckin idea why. I even played the alpha for like 6 hours, loved it and consistently did really well in the 2v2 mode. I've also played a bunch of BLOPS 4 lately and have been doing pretty well. But...like, all night I just did awful in this. Was last place in probably 60% of the games I played tonight. Terrible K/D. Just felt like people always had the drop on me, couldn't jive with the maps at all, tried to change up how I played repeatedly . I am just so goddamn bad at this game lol.

I like it though. it's fun. I just need to figure out what the absolute critical failure on my part is here. I feel like I'm playing it all wrong.Like I'm pacing myself totally wrong for it.