Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

CRAYON posted:

Wow this is almost exactly what I am talking about. I wonder why they didn't just bring this into Modern Warfare.

WW2 was made by a different company, and unless Activision says otherwise, Infinity Ward generally treats game innovations from the other devs as a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Anyone else get bumped for an updated and then get Error 8192 when trying to restart?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Black Griffon posted:

how are the remasters by the way? it's been a while and I sort of want to experience the spectacle again, but I own every cod since mw1 already.

The MW remaster was a shitshow of crashes and didn't look tremendously better imo. MW2 remaster was good and wasn't a flaming trash fire either, but it's not like the original MW2 has major compatibility problems and still looks just fine to me, so I wouldn't really recommend it as a buy.

I am still excessively bitter that Soap hasn't featured in this reboot though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/WUwwrJG.gifv

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Smaller maps are more hectic and have more issues with spawns. In a larger map a good player can be more dominant but small maps like shipment are just clusterfucks and skill matters less.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I fell into a fugue state or something while playing TDM on hardhat and reeled off a killstreak of I don’t know how many but was at least 15 and it was the wildest combination of luck and timing and god drat it I will be chasing the dragon trying to replicate that forever :sigh:

It got to the point where I was like “oh well it was a good run but this is probably where I die” then I shoot another guy in the face and his buddy who was running away. I actually ran out of ammo for my an-94 then got 3 more pistol kills and picked up a random aug then died after a couple more kills.

The play of the game vid only showed 2 of my kills so I was very disappointed :sigh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Smaller maps are more hectic and have more issues with spawns. In a larger map a good player can be more dominant but small maps like shipment are just clusterfucks and skill matters less.

Yes obviously, we already knew the reasons why the small maps like Shipment are better :rolleyes:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020-08/modern-warfare---warzone-patch-notes---august-11th

Bruen and FAL nerf have arrived. And a buff for the M91 and Holger.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Every game I only get murdered by Bruens lol I hope this helps. Tho I won't lie I've been using it too :3

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

While I want a fix for the L86A1, a good G36 isn't a bad offer.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I don't pilot copters much, but the squad wants to start using them more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FoRIMtV08E

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

RYYSZLA posted:

Why the gently caress do people poo poo on the fast, small, action packed maps like livestock, shipment, rust, shoothouse etc when it's a loving fact that every single "slightly larger than small" or bigger map is loving actual dogshit trash in this game?

This MW would be the best one since the original almighty CoD4 if every map was as fun as crash is on 12 v 12, or shipment 6 v 6.... basically lobby size correlating with map size. For the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't make all the other maps like, a fraction of their sizes.

Give me Pipeline from the original COD4 and let me live in the underground tunnels with a shotgun like the sewer rat I am.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Also I am terribly afflicted by the graphic glitch (PC) but no one I play with has gotten it. I'm gonna try scan and repair later.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish they'd actually list a % range reduction instead of making youtubers figure it out. Either way, unless they reduced it's range by like 50% it'll still be one of the best guns in WZ.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I wish they'd actually list a % range reduction instead of making youtubers figure it out. Either way, unless they reduced it's range by like 50% it'll still be one of the best guns in WZ.

https://cod.tracker.gg/modern-warfare/articles/modern-warfare-warzone-patch-notes-august-11

these people posted some data mined stats

quote:

Bruen Mk9
Maximum damage range (31dmg) nerfed and damage range 2 (28dmg) nerfed.

Maximum Damage Range: 1,650 (42m) to 1,050 (27m) (-36%)

Damage Range 2: 2,600 (66m) to 2,200 (56m) (-15%)

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

drunken officeparty posted:

Is the big palace map even in ground war? 10v10 is still way too small for it

Yeah but for some reason the Ground War queue is like 90% Promenade with the other maps sprinkled in every once in awhile. The palace one pops up so infrequently that I often forget about it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh wow that's bigger than I expected. That might just push the Grau meta right back into play.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

drat those are big nerfs

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
trench trial XP exploit was patched, alas.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

The graphic bug is the most absurd thing. Especially in the gulag, instant loss.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lmao FAL and Bruen jumped to the top so they get hit while the Grau remains untouched lmao

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lmao FAL and Bruen jumped to the top so they get hit while the Grau remains untouched lmao

Yeah IW saw that people were actually using more than one gun and had to do something about it.

Not that I didn't think both of those nerfs were inevitable but -36% max damage range, seriously? And a 3 body shot kill with the FAL equals what, 7 shots to the chest in WZ?

:lol: they nerf the Grau once and it's like -1% range and an indecipherable amount of added recoil.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I jumped into WZ for the first time in a while and I find the RAM to be a great mid/short ranger and was even breaking armor on guys pretty far (but they ducked out of sight before I could get the down). So if the Bruen sucks now that’ll be my main loadout. That and the Bruen are my only 2 gold guns.

Also if the Bruen is damage nerfed now at range the PKM will be the undisputed champ.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also unless I’m misreading it did they nerf the FAL by buffing the headshot damage????

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

priznat posted:

Also if the Bruen is damage nerfed now at range the PKM will be the undisputed champ.

True. The PKM actually requires some degree of recoil management though. It's not just a spray and pray gun like the Grau and Bruen. You cant just point in the general direction that you saw some movement and watch the kills rack up.

Also the Grau will remain undisputed champ, but that is just a given.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

glad to see my slow Grau laserbeam wasn't touched

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

"FAL

Maximum damage (to 20m) has been nerfed, however, this does not account for changes to body multipliers.

Maximum Damage: 65 to 49 (-25%)"

What are the changes to body multipliers, what does that mean? Sounds like the FAL is back to being useless.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The block of buildings with the police station in between Riverside and TV Station on the river road is extremely cursed for my squad. I don’t know why we always get squad wiped there, but it’s our least favorite area on the map by far.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Inner Light posted:

"FAL

Maximum damage (to 20m) has been nerfed, however, this does not account for changes to body multipliers.

Maximum Damage: 65 to 49 (-25%)"

What are the changes to body multipliers, what does that mean? Sounds like the FAL is back to being useless.

The tracker.gg patch notes say this:

quote:

FAL
Increased headshot damage (2 hit at range with 1 headshot)
Reduced near damage (limbs and lower torso always 3 shot)

So it sounds like they nerfed the base damage but increased the upper torso multiplier to make it two-shot only in the upper torso.

That M91 buff is a real joke, though.

e; so how fast does the G36C ADS now that it's gotten another buff to the baseline ADS speed?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Honey Im Homme posted:

The graphic bug is the most absurd thing. Especially in the gulag, instant loss.

What, you mean you can't win with a giant pulsating black blob taking up half of your screen? git gud.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Lemon-Lime posted:

So it sounds like they nerfed the base damage but increased the upper torso multiplier to make it two-shot only in the upper torso.
They didn't change any of the multipliers, it's always had a higher damage to the upper torso to make it two-shot so it's basically back to how it was pre-patch (before they added that 20m damage range) where it was two-shot to the upper chest but three-shot if you hit elsewhere in the non-head.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Lemon-Lime posted:

The tracker.gg patch notes say this:

That M91 buff is a real joke, though.

e; so how fast does the G36C ADS now that it's gotten another buff to the baseline ADS speed?

360ms. They dropped it by 30.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What makes this hardcore tdmkc playlist different than selecting hardcore tdm and kc

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

f#a# posted:

trench trial XP exploit was patched, alas.

You still have tickets? I burned all mine on this because of course they'll patch it.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

drunken officeparty posted:

What makes this hardcore tdmkc playlist different than selecting hardcore tdm and kc

I suspect it's just introducing people to HC since the mode isn't immediately obvious.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Here's a brief comparison I made of pre & post nerf bruen (old bruen up top, new underneath)

Stock, Horizon, & Summit barrels only.

It's a huge nerf, but it brings it to a good place and it's still the dominant 'ranged' full auto, imo.

New bruen with 3 barrels vs Grau & Kilo with longest barrels:

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 11, 2020

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Insert name here posted:

They didn't change any of the multipliers, it's always had a higher damage to the upper torso to make it two-shot so it's basically back to how it was pre-patch (before they added that 20m damage range) where it was two-shot to the upper chest but three-shot if you hit elsewhere in the non-head.

I remember it being somewhat inconsistent about getting two-shot upper torso kills at longer ranges, but I guess they didn't improve that.

Honestly though, that sounds kind of okay? It still has the one-shot headshot up close and it's still a good, accurate gun at longer ranges (especially if they actually buffed the headshot damage to make it always 2-shot as long as you get a headshot, but who knows since the datamined stats don't list anything). These changes should make it a bit less stupid in CQB without making it completely useless.

Crustashio posted:

360ms. They dropped it by 30.

The question was about the G36C (i.e. the MG36 with all the ADS-improving attachments) rather than the MG36 itself. The patch notes don't say anything about changing the attachments so I guess it's just a flat buff to that as well, which might actually make it worth using?

e; codgundata has updated stats and apparently you can make this happen:

I have no idea if that thing is actually usable while aiming, though.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 11, 2020

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
So I made the mistake of learning that camo unlocks are challenges, and my broken brain is addicted to filling bars. Quickly gold'ed a couple of the guns I had been using in different classes and then decided to look down the road a little bit. While it is taking me absolutely forever to find enough ground kill streaks to even gold my first launcher, using a launcher secondary is actually getting me to play in a new style that I kind of like.

But the melee weapons. Specifically the Riot Shield, is crushing my will to keep playing. I have to somehow get 3x kills in a life 25 times with this thing, and it is miserable. Google is not being very helpful, but does anyone know if kills with lethals while you have the riot shield out count? I can pretty reliably boop two people in the face without dying, but then someone will come along with a thermite.

Also while on the subject, I wish I would get credit for people suicideing with C4 and thermite, its a hilariously high number of my deaths while riot shielding that the guy who threw something at me kills himself and or a teammate.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

For riot shield play in HC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

For riot shield play in HC

Am, should have mentioned that. I pretty much only play in HC.