Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

It's really painful watching people stare at the floor when the round corners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i go prone at the start of the match then crawl out meowing like a cat

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

2 things that have never happened:

- I have been able to spot the person prone on a flag before they kill me
- I have been prone on the flag and killed the attacker before they see me

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I regularly think prone people are dead bodies

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

drunken officeparty posted:

I regularly think prone people are dead bodies

Someone on the subreddit posted a clip in which they dropped everything (in WZ) and went prone by it to play dead. Someone took the bait and got punched to death :lol:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Shooting dickhead teammates on hardcore mode in the back of the head when they come and stand right in front of you aiming down the same window/lane/whatever that you're very obviously covering: acceptable, or actively encouraged?

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
Gold dismemberment is just fantastic.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Shooting dickhead teammates on hardcore mode in the back of the head when they come and stand right in front of you aiming down the same window/lane/whatever that you're very obviously covering: acceptable, or actively encouraged?

Absolutely encouraged, I shoot teammates (twice) for less in hardcore!!

I think you can hit them with a stun grenade so they get killed, without it killing you.

If we are getting destroyed or they’re being jerks I troll the poo poo out of HC teammembers sometimes if I am in a jerky mood.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
So what's the new WZ meta? AN-94 or back to the Grau?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

JFC posted:

So what's the new WZ meta? AN-94 or back to the Grau?

Basically nothing has changed

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Current meta is to use whatever gun doesn't give you a texture bug.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

Current meta is to use whatever gun doesn't give you a texture bug.

or play the game on an xbox where i am not having any texture issues.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
when the squad is serious about team defender

https://i.imgur.com/3FCBFq9.gifv

we won this by like 50 points

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

One time i shield-punched a teammate on hardcore while he was executing a dude so I could punch the baddie to get my 3kill camo progress.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

when the squad is serious about team defender

https://i.imgur.com/3FCBFq9.gifv

we won this by like 50 points

lol and just outside our clubhouse:
https://i.imgur.com/bC7GQEb.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
when you're a d-day bear but also an otter

https://i.imgur.com/zQhXwUS.gifv

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ah, the weird texture bugs that make it borderline unplayable is a common thing. I thought it was just me.

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1293780467381161984

Or maybe the bunker I keycarded open to get Ol' Painless here was actually Hangar 18. :tinfoil:

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 13, 2020

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

The texture bug just seems to pop up after X minutes in the match (generally I've noticed it once we get into the second circle) so there's got to be something to that; I've had the bug hit a gun that I've used before out of nowhere, it's so loving stupid.

Honestly if I die after the first circle it's a miracle if the gulag gun isn't hosed and it's a 1/100000000 chance that I actually find a decent gun that isn't a loving fractal mess at that point.

I did get super lucky with a 725 gulag, the gun bug hit me and the whole screen was hosed (sometimes it's not the full screen that gets hosed like the video above shows), I ran to mid with fists out, switched to the gun as I jump peaked the corner and just shot a hail mary and killed the guy.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Laserface posted:

2 things that have never happened:

- I have been able to spot the person prone on a flag before they kill me
- I have been prone on the flag and killed the attacker before they see me

This resonates

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Ever since the Bruen/FAL nerf update, my game has just been running poorly. Playing on high texture resolution previously was fine, but post-update, it caused the game to stutter. Bizarre, but normal settings runs smoothly, so whatever. Didn't run into the godawful texture bug tonight except in a killcam which was fun.

Bruen is still pretty gnarly in Warzone. Tried a Kilo tonight and didn't hate it. Recoil doesn't feel as smooth as the Grau's, so might go back to that or just keep rolling with the Bruen. Kinda like the AN-94 too. Do like that there's "some" variety among the AR/LMGs, wish the MP5 would get nerfed to fall in line with the other SMGs or for some of those to get a buff.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

MF_James posted:

The texture bug just seems to pop up after X minutes in the match (generally I've noticed it once we get into the second circle) so there's got to be something to that; I've had the bug hit a gun that I've used before out of nowhere, it's so loving stupid.

Honestly if I die after the first circle it's a miracle if the gulag gun isn't hosed and it's a 1/100000000 chance that I actually find a decent gun that isn't a loving fractal mess at that point.

I think it's also definitely related to dying or to trips to the gulag. I don't think I've seen it ever before I've died and gone to the gulag. I wonder if it's happening in stimulus solos. I'm guessing probably yes by the video above.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

Ah, the weird texture bugs that make it borderline unplayable is a common thing. I thought it was just me.

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1293780467381161984

Or maybe the bunker I keycarded open to get Ol' Painless here was actually Hangar 18. :tinfoil:

There was a gun that looked like that in Turok Dinosaur Hunter I think? Or unreal tournament? It was a machine gun or nail gun or something that also had big spinning claws in it

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ooh Perfect Dark’s Reaper

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Its alternate fire mode was to not fire and act as a woodchipper instead :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The bruen nerf ain’t poo poo. If anything it feels microscopically less powerful at very long ranges but is still and absolute beast.

I kind of knee jerk started using the grau again for a bit and then went back to the Bruen and I still like the Bruen better.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/dva7P9J.gifv

should have shot at us first lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Does anyone else hum the original magnum PI theme when they jump in one of those helos? Not just me?

Give me the magnum helicopter skin IW

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Yeah!! That game was so awesome

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What's the deal with the almost constant "$75,000" tournament streams that streamers have up? Is there some level of BS to it, or is someone frequently funding high dollar prize Warzone tournaments? If so who is funding it? Activision? Twitch? Sponsors?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Twitch, Doritos, scuf gaming, all kinds of sponsors

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best part about those tournaments is watching streamers get owned by hackers or the texture bug.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do the stadium keycards disappear after a certain amount of time? I found 2 on the executive level and by the time I came back for the second one a minute or two later it was gone. There were no other squads around.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

What's the deal with the almost constant "$75,000" tournament streams that streamers have up? Is there some level of BS to it, or is someone frequently funding high dollar prize Warzone tournaments? If so who is funding it? Activision? Twitch? Sponsors?

I think you're really underestimating how big of a business this game is. The last time Activision released a budget for an IW COD title it was $250 million dollars. Twitch was bought for $970 million dollars. $75,00 is a meaningless amount of money for the companies involved.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 13, 2020

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I watched 5 mins of twitch streamers today and they were reacting to some tweet about companies having too much control over games. There was something in the tweet about how this move by apple could drag the community into 1984 and all three or four of the streamers were asking, "What happened in 1984? Can someone tell us what happened in 1984? Oh it's a book?" This is thoroughly in line with my preconcieved notions of professional game streamers.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Feels weird to be cheering on epic suing apple at this point but 2020 has been really loving bizarre.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

cheering on epic suing apple is kind of like going "hell yeah" at godzilla fighting ghidora in one of the films where they throw away any pretense of godzilla being a heroic character

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cascadia Pirate posted:

I watched 5 mins of twitch streamers today and they were reacting to some tweet about companies having too much control over games. There was something in the tweet about how this move by apple could drag the community into 1984 and all three or four of the streamers were asking, "What happened in 1984? Can someone tell us what happened in 1984? Oh it's a book?" This is thoroughly in line with my preconcieved notions of professional game streamers.

I watched about 10 minutes of one earlier and two of the guys were arguing whether truffles were good or not, while one of them was clearly talking about the fungus and the other one was talking about the chocolate. Neither one seemed to be aware of the other type of truffle and they just confused each other for about 5 minutes before just giving up on the argument.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

veni veni veni posted:

I watched about 10 minutes of one earlier and two of the guys were arguing whether truffles were good or not, while one of them was clearly talking about the fungus and the other one was talking about the chocolate. Neither one seemed to be aware of the other type of truffle and they just confused each other for about 5 minutes before just giving up on the argument.

and these are the morons wrecking me in quads

my life is worthless

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
When I'm in a game where it's just two of us, almost every single time after each match the game removes us from each other's party and we have to re group again. Sometimes we'll get a message that's like SERVER IS FULL and then it won't let us regroup until we try it a few more times. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's SO annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

priznat posted:

Absolutely encouraged, I shoot teammates (twice) for less in hardcore!!

I think you can hit them with a stun grenade so they get killed, without it killing you.

If we are getting destroyed or they’re being jerks I troll the poo poo out of HC teammembers sometimes if I am in a jerky mood.

I accidentally killed a teammate who happened to be playing the same character with the same skin, and when I next saw him I apologized by doing the friendship dance (crouch stand crouch stand) and he did it back. :buddy: he followed me for a while and one of the guys we took down had a mic connected. His last words were "fuckin twins?!?!"