Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
spotter scope to me seems like one of those things thats only good in theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah pretty much. It might be more useful if it A. provided some sort of boost to spotting, making the time someone is spotted last loner and B. was equippable in loadouts so people could actually plan around using them. They might prove pretty useful if we have the opportunity to reliably use them, but atm I don't think anyone is going to ditch their HBS or tac grenades just to play around with the spotter scope.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of good in theory, but useless. Those outside ropes are just another meat wagon for campers to aim at. I'm sick of every sniper counter they put in the game ranging from useless to outright working in favor of roof campers. They are so loud they alert people you are coming up, there's no way to stop yourself or reverse, theres usually only one rope, so a whole team can't coordinate poo poo. it's just more free kills for clowns holed up on the same roof for the whole game. If you could slow down and creep up silently they might actually be great, or if you could actually have a grapple gun and choose your own climbing point, instead of having obvious set points...but nope. In the end, this is the same game that decided to put waste high cover on every high roof, add air strikes and cluster bombs, but give victims a 30 second warning and have them not even be able to down+execute anyways.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Yes but now we have tunnels.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The R90 is still not nearly as competitive as the origin. With the origin you can wipe entire teams if you catch them off guard, and your TTK is still extremely competitive even if you miss a shot or two. The R90 is fun but it's all or nothing and if you go up 2v1 you're probably dead due to that fire delay.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

veni veni veni posted:

Speaking of good in theory, but useless. Those outside ropes are just another meat wagon for campers to aim at. I'm sick of every sniper counter they put in the game ranging from useless to outright working in favor of roof campers. They are so loud they alert people you are coming up, there's no way to stop yourself or reverse, theres usually only one rope, so a whole team can't coordinate poo poo. it's just more free kills for clowns holed up on the same roof for the whole game. If you could slow down and creep up silently they might actually be great, or if you could actually have a grapple gun and choose your own climbing point, instead of having obvious set points...but nope. In the end, this is the same game that decided to put waste high cover on every high roof, add air strikes and cluster bombs, but give victims a 30 second warning and have them not even be able to down+execute anyways.

Yesterday my buds used one to get on a roof while I was distracting a team by firing at them from another roof. Felt all tactical and planned.

Edit: then we died because someone detonated c4 in midair near our car which had a trophy system on the roof. Felt pretty good.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 23, 2020

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

This is still our preferred method to plunder

be it chopper, four wheeler, or weed truck I'm running decoy duty / bus driver

(I'm bad at shooting and prefer driving)

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I like the ropes for maneuvering into a building rather than climbing stairs for forever. Or to get to the top of big areas like airport or train station. Also, sometimes it's nice to scale a building and chute off it to put some extra distance between you and the oncoming gas.

But yeah, trying to use them offensively against someone camping a roof is suicide, and not being able to cancel out or control your ascent has gotten me killed.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Enigma posted:

I like the ropes for maneuvering into a building rather than climbing stairs for forever. Or to get to the top of big areas like airport or train station. Also, sometimes it's nice to scale a building and chute off it to put some extra distance between you and the oncoming gas.

But yeah, trying to use them offensively against someone camping a roof is suicide, and not being able to cancel out or control your ascent has gotten me killed.
Yeah it was not the game changer I wanted. If you’re a squad it’s easy enough to to claymore those spots and the fact that you don’t actually have any control going up is a problem. You can’t bail out and there’s that awful 2 second dismount animation.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Enigma posted:

I dunno, my super scientific research has me about 4:1 in ropes being good vs suicide. The only time I die using them is when I yolo a team that either sees me coming to the building or isn’t already distracted. The trick is to hit from multiple angles, or to wait until the roof campers are sniping across the map, then when you hit the roof immediately cut an angle to cover.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

soggybagel posted:

Yeah it was not the game changer I wanted. If you’re a squad it’s easy enough to to claymore those spots and the fact that you don’t actually have any control going up is a problem. You can’t bail out and there’s that awful 2 second dismount animation.

Gotta air strike the pulley with one person then everyone else runs up.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/rNiKd0M.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/ZkqJObA.gifv

three stooges as hell

https://i.imgur.com/Y7J6ysQ.gifv

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I came to complain that this weeks weekly challenge has win 4 games with zane and he is a pay character but apparently he can be unlocked in coop and i either havent done one of them and it doesnt say which or its bugged???

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Kinda interesting stuff in here regarding the precision airstrike and cluster strike in WZ and it's predictability or lack thereof as well as the actual size of the path of the strike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBa6BhsPUTs

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The best goon WZ crowd is the aggro crowd - Drop early, endless Bounties, take names. Yes, it doesn’t win as much, but every game is a blast and there’s less sitting around.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

JaySB posted:

Kinda interesting stuff in here regarding the precision airstrike and cluster strike in WZ and it's predictability or lack thereof as well as the actual size of the path of the strike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBa6BhsPUTs

Yeah I wish airstrikes just did an overlay ui so you could choose the flight path. A lot of times in warzone I would drop a air strike and it would do the opposite pattern that I wanted and it pissed me off. Not to mention it took like 4 season before they fixed the airspace is full bug...which actuallly I think still happens.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Gotta air strike the pulley with one person then everyone else runs up.

This, except I prefer clusters, you have someone in the first floor of the building drop it on the middle of the building, then start roping up while the enemy guys go inside.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 24, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

I came to complain that this weeks weekly challenge has win 4 games with zane and he is a pay character but apparently he can be unlocked in coop and i either havent done one of them and it doesnt say which or its bugged???

Zane was one of the original lineup. Yeah you have to unlock him though.

I think the only character that hasn't had a free, or battlepass related unlock is Mace, and obviously the brand new guy.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Ok finally unlocked Damascus. Not sure what I should do now. Play the game for fun? I don’t even like any of the guns.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Shockeh posted:

The best goon WZ crowd is the aggro crowd - Drop early, endless Bounties, take names. Yes, it doesn’t win as much, but every game is a blast and there’s less sitting around.

This is me. Not every game is fun though, there's certainly games where you end up in the gulag 1min in.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

JaySB posted:

This is me. Not every game is fun though, there's certainly games where you end up in the gulag 1min in.

Diving straight to the code bunkers and having pistol fights w/ everyone there FTW.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Zane was one of the original lineup. Yeah you have to unlock him though.

I think the only character that hasn't had a free, or battlepass related unlock is Mace, and obviously the brand new guy.

I ended up doing the coops again and it unlocked him

Tbh they put a lot of effort into the coop mode only for 6 people to ever play it

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

jase1 posted:

Ok finally unlocked Damascus. Not sure what I should do now. Play the game for fun? I don’t even like any of the guns.

Finish officer challenges. Get Damascus for DLC guns. Work on retic led. Run 725/RPG on shipment and make everyone rage quit.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Shockeh posted:

Sure but none of you jerks will drop superstore with me.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I got obsidian on the guns I like. HDR was the least fun so far. Is search and destroy any fun? I don't think I've ever played it.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

JacksLibido posted:

I'm a Superstore enthusiast but unless you're REALLY good that the gunskill part of the game, communication is the key to getting outta there alive and that isn't a goon specialty.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Spotter scope has a wide fov thermal which can let you quickly spot people w/o cold blooded if you just 360 around on a tall roof.

it still sucks

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

JacksLibido posted:

If I’m dropping near there, I’m going to our one day true Lord Storage Town.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

mrking posted:

I got obsidian on the guns I like. HDR was the least fun so far. Is search and destroy any fun? I don't think I've ever played it.

how much do you like 6v6 round-based attack/defense with no respawning

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
It’s pretty much counter strike and if you’re willing to bait teammates and ignore plant/defuse it’s really easy to rack up sniper kills at good chokes

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I hate shotguns (and any other guns that aren't automatic) because I have this awful habit of jamming down my thumb on R3 when i'm smashing down the R2 trigger to shoot.

Results in losing gunfights because I start punching when I'm trying to shoot. I've literally had to use accessibility settings on the PS3 to remap R3 to another button. I wish I could stop, but I can't.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Does the PC version ever go on sale? I got the Xbox version pretty cheap but I'd kinda like both TBH

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
It does, you can sign up on https://isthereanydeal.com/ to get an email when it goes on sale

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Does the PC version ever go on sale? I got the Xbox version pretty cheap but I'd kinda like both TBH

Usually only once or twice during its cycle. You can typically count on a sale in February/March after the initial sales boosts drop off, and then another during the summer slump.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Get gud.

Coming in next patch

codo27 fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 24, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

codo27 posted:

Get gud.

Tell me how to git gud at grapple points Codo27, master of ziplines.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

veni veni veni posted:

Tell me how to git gud at grapple points Codo27, master of ziplines.

I heard if you use a Xim you have an advantage maybe that will help.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All Xim users should be banned.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
What's the deal with plunder in warzone now? It's only quads, and the matches seem to be much longer than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
blood money speeds things up a lot i think