Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
For the next collar duty they should make a submachine gun that can shoot across the map with pinpoint accuracy. Also make 80% of the perks useless choosing is too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I like running high alert since being caught unaware from an odd angle is my most common death and players are pretty regularly running EOD over cold blooded

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I find that the alert range on High Alert is too small to matter at Warzone engagement ranges.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I started playing warzone about a week ago and I've been perfectly pleased with the performance of the M4A1 regardless of all this talk about the Grau being god tier. "How much better could it be?" I said.

I picked one up after a gulag the other day and HOLY loving SHITPISS that gun is loving ridiculous. Where is the recoil? Now I know why I get turfed my Grau people half the time even when I get the drop on them with my M4.

Too bad I'll never loving get it as a FTP player.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Is it pretty much typical for all console players to just camp?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Owlbear Camus posted:

I find that the alert range on High Alert is too small to matter at Warzone engagement ranges.

I wasn't aware there was a limit to it

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I wasn't aware there was a limit to it

I've certainly gotten domed by snipers and long distance AR pokes without the alert flash.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Owlbear Camus posted:

I've certainly gotten domed by snipers and long distance AR pokes without the alert flash.

I think if they have ghost or coldblooded you won’t get an alert. I forgot which one. I would say in general though, it’s not a great perk. Your awareness, movement patterns and pathing/placement should be reducing the areas of where you can be shot from. You should already have a good idea of where you are being shot from when it happens. And clearly if it can be ignored by some people with loadouts, it’s not reliable. If you’re making use of high alert often, you’re probably playing poorly and should improve your movement patterns. It’s also really hard to use that skill offensively. Not being spotted by thermal snipers or heartbeat scanners, or surviving RPGs is going to give you way more chances to kill the would be threats.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If people have cold blooded it doesn't trigger high alert

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Owlbear Camus posted:

I don't think it's range limited, but at larger distances there is a reasonable chance you are actually looking at the shooter. And of course Cold Blooded is a pretty common sniper-class perk, but less so for meta-oriented pushing loadouts (usually EoD).

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

We Know Catheters posted:

Is it pretty much typical for all console players to just camp?

PC solo's is a camp fest.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Romes128 posted:

PC solo's is a camp fest.

Not warzone, the regular game

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I saw the Oden’s massive suppressor in a game of shipment and now I’m like drat gotta level that bad boy up!

Had a round on shipment domination that was 72k xp with a few mission completions:eyepop:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The “Kill 1 enemy without dying in Infected” challenge not only makes no sense but refuses to complete and it’s the last one I have

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Dpulex posted:

For the next collar duty they should make a submachine gun that can shoot across the map with pinpoint accuracy. Also make 80% of the perks useless choosing is too hard.

so, like, the top 3 SMGs right now?

none of which are the long distance one iirc

E: altho to be fair, imho, the baseline descriptions for the guns is not really much to go by, since it implies the FAL is capable of killing

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I won a solos despite spending all my money on 3 loadout drops to help complete a quest. High alert netted me about three of the final kills at the end

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

The “Kill 1 enemy without dying in Infected” challenge not only makes no sense but refuses to complete and it’s the last one I have

There are a number of challenges that are mislabeled, a quick search shows that's one of them and that it's actually kill 10 enemies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/cKBidpo.gifv

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
What are people putting on the MP7 to make it not feel terrible compared to the MP5 or Bizon? I'm running FSS Strike/no stock/50 round mag/stippled grip/5mW and it feels like its TTK is years long.

What's the secret attachment combination I'm missing?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Lemon-Lime posted:

What are people putting on the MP7 to make it not feel terrible compared to the MP5 or Bizon? I'm running FSS Strike/no stock/50 round mag/stippled grip/5mW and it feels like its TTK is years long.

What's the secret attachment combination I'm missing?

lol

E: ok, what game mode are you playing?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you're running a laser you pretty much have to start firing before you ads

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

There are a number of challenges that are mislabeled, a quick search shows that's one of them and that it's actually kill 10 enemies.

Yeah I got 10 and it unlocked.

If the developers of the cod store and the cosmetics had the top floor penthouse of the IW building, the half-gorilla mongoloids programming the challenges system were in the basement next to the old furnace that leaks carbon monoxide

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Statutory Ape posted:

E: altho to be fair, imho, the baseline descriptions for the guns is not really much to go by, since it implies the FAL is capable of killing

hey now its fully capable of killing my hopes and dreams

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Black Griffon posted:

hey now its fully capable of killing my hopes and dreams

lol next time i run it ill put a beer can charm on it in remembrance

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just play HC, where every gun is viable.*

*Offer not valid for Dragunov.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/XXbtiWN.gifv

oh yeah this shows our care package strat -- call it in the box and pick it up through the box roof

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Merc Foregrip is so good they banned it from CDL lmao

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Got a battle royale win on my last game yesterday, and my first game today. :discourse:

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Orv posted:

Oddly enough I just looked at my weapon progress and the Dragunov is the only weapon I have literally made zero progress with.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Orv posted:

Yeah I'm trying to get the longshots I need to gold it on shoothouse 24/7 HC and it's an absolute slog, for whatever reason the playlist seems extra hostile and the handling just doesn't gel with my play style. It's one of the last 3 or 4 guns I need for Damascus too.

Statutory Ape posted:

lol next time i run it ill put a beer can charm on it in remembrance

This is my most wanted charm, the first time it was a daily mission for me I stupidly forgot to complete it and missed out and I've not seen it since

Orv
May 4, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yeah I'm trying to get the longshots I need to gold it on shoothouse 24/7 HC and it's an absolute slog, for whatever reason the playlist seems extra hostile and the handling just doesn't gel with my play style. It's one of the last 3 or 4 guns I need for Damascus too.

Yeah I ended up fitting the Dragunov for maximum ADS and treating it like a Kar and it was still a nightmare.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I know it's circumstantial and my fault but with the dragunov more than any other gun I click heads and they don't die, like I would absolutely swear that I'm on target but no hit

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Do you ever run out of daily missions that give special rewards

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I assume there's a limited number of graphical thingies to unlock and you just end up with XP.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is that what the common/rare/legendary on icons on dailies are?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Pretty common these days that I'm looking at the killcams on my first two or three deaths and quitting out immediately. When dudes are running around effortlessly quick scoping three people before anyone else can get a shot off it's time for me to back the gently caress out.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The rewards start repeating.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Orv posted:

Is that what the common/rare/legendary on icons on dailies are?

Yeah if you directly click daily missions for multiplayer/warzone or whatever you can see the reward.

Like I saw you got some Spartan shield man blocking arrows if you did like uhh...15 shield turret kills? And was like yes i need that.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ah cool, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

hey anyone got that video of the dude dying on shipment five hundred times? my friend just bought the game and I want to break him