Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

VendoViper posted:

So I made the mistake of learning that camo unlocks are challenges, and my broken brain is addicted to filling bars. Quickly gold'ed a couple of the guns I had been using in different classes and then decided to look down the road a little bit. While it is taking me absolutely forever to find enough ground kill streaks to even gold my first launcher, using a launcher secondary is actually getting me to play in a new style that I kind of like.

But the melee weapons. Specifically the Riot Shield, is crushing my will to keep playing. I have to somehow get 3x kills in a life 25 times with this thing, and it is miserable. Google is not being very helpful, but does anyone know if kills with lethals while you have the riot shield out count? I can pretty reliably boop two people in the face without dying, but then someone will come along with a thermite.

Also while on the subject, I wish I would get credit for people suicideing with C4 and thermite, its a hilariously high number of my deaths while riot shielding that the guy who threw something at me kills himself and or a teammate.

same but the kar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
If you do weekend warfare right now, there’s drop zone games. Drop zone will poo poo out kill streaks for you to kill. I’m knocking out obsidian right now for the Pila.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I'm gonna reccomend not doing HC for riot shield, because honestly the ease of you dying absolutely cancels out the ease of killing three dudes. I tried both and honestly either way it's gonna take a long rear end time though.

all the other melee challenges are easy as hell, at least.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

VendoViper posted:

So I made the mistake of learning that camo unlocks are challenges, and my broken brain is addicted to filling bars. Quickly gold'ed a couple of the guns I had been using in different classes and then decided to look down the road a little bit. While it is taking me absolutely forever to find enough ground kill streaks to even gold my first launcher, using a launcher secondary is actually getting me to play in a new style that I kind of like.

Personal radars count as ground based killstreaks.

Here's a post I made extensively detailing launcher strats a while ago

VendoViper posted:

But the melee weapons. Specifically the Riot Shield, is crushing my will to keep playing. I have to somehow get 3x kills in a life 25 times with this thing, and it is miserable. Google is not being very helpful, but does anyone know if kills with lethals while you have the riot shield out count?

They don't. That shield challenge sucks and there's no two ways around it. I completed it on Shipment HC and I think that's by far the least frustrating way to go for it. Suffer a few rounds of being brutalised and the SBMM will drop you to a level where you have more of a chance

It was the last thing I needed for Damascus and I was dreading the grind but honestly when I found my level and got in the mindset of embracing the pain I knocked it out in 3~ hours. Stuns and smoke will help you out. Sometimes you wanna push and try flank booping, others it's better to camp a corner you know someone will be rushing around. You'll get a taste for it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

When its shipment I let shield guys boop me unless they ever switch to a gun or use a lethal equipment and then they lose my good graces and are thereafter kill on sight

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Thanks for the tip about personal radars, gold PILA here I come.

I got in one round of drop zone, and yeah it would also be great for ground kill streaks game was nuts.

I have so many other guns to gold I will just save the shield for HQ and shipment, once they bring back a 24/7 shipment I will bang it out.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

VendoViper posted:

Thanks for the tip about personal radars, gold PILA here I come.

I got in one round of drop zone, and yeah it would also be great for ground kill streaks game was nuts.

I have so many other guns to gold I will just save the shield for HQ and shipment, once they bring back a 24/7 shipment I will bang it out.

For some reason I think PUAV count as ground streams, so blast away at all them.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

VaultAggie posted:

For some reason I think PUAV count as ground streams, so blast away at all them.

He was replying to my telling him that literally 3 posts up.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
I’m phone posting or I would have quoted it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im pretty handy with a precision airstrike but I cant seem to figure out how the VTOLs entrance airstrike works. I always put the marker on wherever the tablet thingy shows me the enemy is, but very rarely do the missiles get hit markers or even visually impact the area I targeted.

It looks like it does a flight over the map, shoots missiles into the map from the side (so any buildings in the way stop the missiles), and then hovers over the target set on the tablet.

I can get 1 kill with it if im lucky, whereas the precision airstike I can easily hit 2 minimum pretty consistently.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Laserface posted:

Im pretty handy with a precision airstrike but I cant seem to figure out how the VTOLs entrance airstrike works. I always put the marker on wherever the tablet thingy shows me the enemy is, but very rarely do the missiles get hit markers or even visually impact the area I targeted.

It looks like it does a flight over the map, shoots missiles into the map from the side (so any buildings in the way stop the missiles), and then hovers over the target set on the tablet.

I can get 1 kill with it if im lucky, whereas the precision airstike I can easily hit 2 minimum pretty consistently.

VTOL entrance is iffy, I'm not sure if it enters from a specific side or what, but a lot of times you need to fire it off where people are going to be, rather than where they are.

As for kills when it's up, it's better on some maps than others, you also (imo) need to move it around which you can do with the Use button (default is F for KBM). Moving it around helps keep it from getting hit with RPGs/strellas (it can shoot when moving to some degree) also it lets you reposition it while spawns are moving.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Every single game tonight had the texture bug holy poo poo.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MF_James posted:

VTOL entrance is iffy, I'm not sure if it enters from a specific side or what, but a lot of times you need to fire it off where people are going to be, rather than where they are.

As for kills when it's up, it's better on some maps than others, you also (imo) need to move it around which you can do with the Use button (default is F for KBM). Moving it around helps keep it from getting hit with RPGs/strellas (it can shoot when moving to some degree) also it lets you reposition it while spawns are moving.

yeah the VTOL itself is fine and I know how to move it around etc but the air strike part is very hard to use effectively.

as I said, precision airstrike I can use on most maps to hit a target in a window/on a point pretty much every time, but those first missiles from the VTOL seem to be nothing more than theatre that sometimes also gets you a kill.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

This game is a buggy piece of poo poo

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Welp, I buckled down and did it. I guess I’m good at riot shield all of a sudden. It feels, dirty.

The 3 streak challenge was hard AF. It’s just a grind from here.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't know if it is just coincidence or what but I feel like I do loving terrible at WZ at the beginning of every season. It's like the last few weeks of a season I am just tearing it up and then the new one comes out and it's terrible. The last 3 weeks or so I've just been on fire and then this new season comes out and 9/10 rounds suck rear end. There's no logical reason for it and it's probably just me playing bad, but everything just feels off in this update.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

veni veni veni posted:

I don't know if it is just coincidence or what but I feel like I do loving terrible at WZ at the beginning of every season. It's like the last few weeks of a season I am just tearing it up and then the new one comes out and it's terrible. The last 3 weeks or so I've just been on fire and then this new season comes out and 9/10 rounds suck rear end. There's no logical reason for it and it's probably just me playing bad, but everything just feels off in this update.

Probably because MMR gets wiped and you get thrown in to games with a bunch of people you otherwise wouldn't.

I've run into multiple streamers in a row, while I do occasionally see them it has definitely been more pronounced.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

VendoViper posted:

Welp, I buckled down and did it. I guess I’m good at riot shield all of a sudden. It feels, dirty.

The 3 streak challenge was hard AF. It’s just a grind from here.

Wait until the “get kills at low health” one!

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

RCarr posted:

Wait until the “get kills at low health” one!

Run through your own thermite grenade :sci101:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/FlyboyVideo/status/1293555336721379328 unintentional upgrade upside from replacing a damaged vehicle

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Warzone "Play Again" in a squad doesn't work for anyone else, right?

I was sure they'd fix it with this update and it still doesn't work.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

MF_James posted:

Probably because MMR gets wiped and you get thrown in to games with a bunch of people you otherwise wouldn't.

jackfrags did a video, he started with a fresh account and it only took 5 or 6 games to be back to the lobbies he's used to (with blatant hackers, in the context of this video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKyO8wGyjrs

I guess it relies on everyone else getting their 5-6 games in, too.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

AndrewP posted:

Warzone "Play Again" in a squad doesn't work for anyone else, right?

I was sure they'd fix it with this update and it still doesn't work.

https://twitter.com/ashtonisVULCAN/status/1293006579726348289

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Anyone experiencing weird lag issues?

Since last night every game I join has me rubberbanding and sliding around the map, feels like I'm in tar.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Has Match Summary worked for anyone? It hasn't worked properly since I started playing at the end of Season 3.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

nah its been hosed forever, but you can read the screen like chicken bones and eventually figure out what's what.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i was doing longshots for holger and found out camping is illegal in tdm

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I've decided to attempt to build a WZ G36. Might not work, but I did good with it in core before the patch, and I'll probably do even better now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

drat the new mace bundle owns. Gold Grau with gold tracers and gold dismemberment.

Not going to drop 24 on it but man if they sold just the gun I’d grab it.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

gently caress the increased footstep volume. There are way more people just sitting in random corners and squads playing super passively because it's much easier to do now that you can hear people pushing you from further out. If Ghost weren't so powerful it might not be so bad, but it's a lovely change that's made the game actively campier and worse, imo.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Is the cat ears dlc still not out?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Is the cat ears dlc still not out?

They hate money it seems

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Seriously what's up with that. Where are my cat ears

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The graphics glitch is suddenly affecting me so now I get where everyone is coming from. Just tremendously annoying.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So what is that lock on headshot thing? Just hacking? It’s like they’re aiming kinda wildly but they’ll aim down sights and then the reticle like “pops” at a different movement rate right to the head.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

i was doing longshots for holger and found out camping is illegal in tdm

ok but not to be a total dork but playing against prone-campers is incredibly boring.
edit: like I'd never actually say anything, but still

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 13, 2020

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They hate money it seems

I'd settle for a skin that lets me dress Minotaur up as a Japanese school girl.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I imagine the footstep change hit core too

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/7cjGkwf.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003