Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You gotta be aware that people who play 24/7 are going to have excellent tracking and be able to hit those shots, especially on somebody gliding down on a straight path on a parachute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmrHEVKSBic

That's from several months ago on a free falling player and I'm not as good as the player in the other video. And the current guns have 0 recoil, so that makes it even easier.

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shockeh posted:

What I endlessly worry is the percentage of actual cheats out there.

On the Discord:
We see a bone fide, obvious as all gently caress Aimbot, like 90's Quake Aimbot utterly transparently snapping from head to head, like.... 1 in 10 games.
We see very probable dubious players, either tracking people transparently through walls, or just locking on when it really matters like a toggle, maybe... 1 in 6-8, depending on how cynical you are.

That means logically, there's more than that, because this doesn't account for the ones actually bothering to be subtle, or the players who are actually mechanically good, and just supplement it by knocking up their headshot percentage a few higher, or the Silent Aim style crowd where you'll never be able to visibly tell.

That's... epidemic proportions, and month after month we get nothing more than 'We banned accounts'. They're loving free guys, your bans are more worthless as platitudes than a Blizzard pledge to maybe not gently caress over women this week.

there's a few people stream sniping streamers with hacks that are in the game to track and kill other known hackers then they let the streamer kill them if they're still alive at the end. streamers literally using hackers to protect them from hackers.

also you get aim assist through certain walls lmao

https://twitter.com/TylerTeeP/status/1420210611284324352?s=20

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

pacerhimself posted:

You gotta be aware that people who play 24/7 are going to have excellent tracking and be able to hit those shots, especially on somebody gliding down on a straight path on a parachute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmrHEVKSBic

That's from several months ago on a free falling player and I'm not as good as the player in the other video. And the current guns have 0 recoil, so that makes it even easier.
that's not comparable since you are not rotating on the back of a motorcycle moving uphill which would look absolutely ridiculous on m&k imo but maybe actually be perfectly normal on controller aim assist

my concern was aim assist tracking could look like aimbot b/c of the aim assist and therefore make people, especially from m&k backgrounds, think there are more cheaters than there actually are

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 28, 2021

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

There are a fuckload of cheaters, we honestly run into a fairly obvious cheater in half the games we play.

The other half of the games we play, we probably run into really subtle cheaters or we just die before we have a chance to run into the cheaters.

It's absolutely loving rampant.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Shockeh posted:

What I endlessly worry is the percentage of actual cheats out there.

On the Discord:
We see a bone fide, obvious as all gently caress Aimbot, like 90's Quake Aimbot utterly transparently snapping from head to head, like.... 1 in 10 games.
We see very probable dubious players, either tracking people transparently through walls, or just locking on when it really matters like a toggle, maybe... 1 in 6-8, depending on how cynical you are.

That means logically, there's more than that, because this doesn't account for the ones actually bothering to be subtle, or the players who are actually mechanically good, and just supplement it by knocking up their headshot percentage a few higher, or the Silent Aim style crowd where you'll never be able to visibly tell.

That's... epidemic proportions, and month after month we get nothing more than 'We banned accounts'. They're loving free guys, your bans are more worthless as platitudes than a Blizzard pledge to maybe not gently caress over women this week.

Everyone who makes the cheats say they estimate 10-15% of players are using a "hack" of some kind. This number is echoed by people using the cheats who are relaying that it becomes very clear once you start cheating how many other people are cheating. It also aligns with other games that have had major issues: Apex, Overwatch, ect. I don't think there's any reason to doubt the number at this point.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yeah I run into multiple extremely obvious wallers (i.e. literally tracking you through a wall) and rage-aimbotting every single session which aren't as big a deal as people doing narrow fov aimbotting or not being obvious about it

but I think stuff I thought was rage botting was just aim assist and weird aimbot-looking flicks are just killcam issues because the server/killcam tick rate is abysmally low and the non-gulag killcams might be all sped up by 1/3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jrwn-nB1H8

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also apparently theres some "cronus/xim" thing I'm unfamiliar with that somehow boosts (???) aim assist and uses scripts to remove recoil and has sold hundreds of thousands of units so lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Please don’t associate XIM (good) with Cronus (bad)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

does cronus actually boost (rotational) aim assist with input shenanigans or is that more of a side effect of removing recoil control

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

If anyone kills me, they’re cheating.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Cronus is the thing that is programmed to adjust for recoil automatically, so all you have to do is track people and hold the fire button, the cronus will handle controlling recoil for you so you can laser people.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is also how jitter modding on shotguns work but I don’t hear about that nowadays.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't get what's so difficult about pulling down on the stick.

Just pull down, it's easy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's not difficult particularly w/ cod recoil but you will absolutely hit more shots while tracking dodging or long range targets and headshot if the recoil is removed

also some guns have significant lateral recoil

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
CoD has always had extremely egregious aim assist, it's just that before crossplay you only noticed that it's horseshit game design if you turned it off and tried to play without. (console shooters can be good without aim assist, and in fact cannot be good with it)

it's a lot worse now though as they desperately ramp up the possibilities with aim assist to try and bridge the gap between M+KB to allow crossplay to function, but it's always been very stupid.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Don't forget that warzone runs at like 20hz tick max which means kill cams always look wonky and gives cheats tons of room to hide

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I do not understand why you would cheat at online games.

the only reason I can think of that makes any sense is to ruin other peoples day, which I suppose perfectly aligns with a gamers general MO but doesnt require them to have the skill to do it naturally.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

only some cheaters grief with obvious ragehacking

There are cheaters that do narrow fov or more subtle stuff to try to pass themselves off as legitimate and they are by far the worst type of cheater. They aren't trying to grief.

this guy did silent aim fov cheating uploading a bunch of fpvods and calling it "narrow" is generous and he still got away with it for a while lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onFAJn8j2Yk

Orv
May 4, 2011

Laserface posted:

I do not understand why you would cheat at online games.

the only reason I can think of that makes any sense is to ruin other peoples day, which I suppose perfectly aligns with a gamers general MO but doesnt require them to have the skill to do it naturally.

I don't think ruining other peoples day is remotely the most common reason for cheating. I think the most common reason for cheating is people who have learned or been taught that the win is the only thing that matters, so 'earning' it doesn't matter as long as they get the win, so cheating is absolutely on the table because why wouldn't you take the advantage if it exists? That plus people who are really astonishingly bad on their own, like you see with a fair chunk of cheaters when their cheats fail to secure an immediate kill with snipers or something like that, probably accounts for way more than anyone purposefully griefing.

E: Oh and the probable third option; "If I'd stop getting all these poo poo teammates I'd go up in rank so I'll cheat until I do."

Orv fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jul 29, 2021

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I don't understand why people would willingly use FOTM loadouts when everyone is completely aware they're badly balanced.

and I mean, you can read that and think 'that's not the same as cheating!' but I personally can't tell the difference - they're just different lines that separate people choose for themselves based on how badly winning matters to them. Once someone is in the mentality of taking any edge to get the W, cheating vs. not cheating isn't necessarily a huge leap.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Rockstar Massacre posted:

I don't understand why people would willingly use FOTM loadouts when everyone is completely aware they're badly balanced.

and I mean, you can read that and think 'that's not the same as cheating!' but I personally can't tell the difference - they're just different lines that separate people choose for themselves based on how badly winning matters to them. Once someone is in the mentality of taking any edge to get the W, cheating vs. not cheating isn't necessarily a huge leap.

A smooth enough brained take as to be genuinely frictionless. We could build a perpetual machine machine skating things over the cerebellum.

You can and should take every advantage you can within the shared construct and rules of the game. This is the same philosophy that has people playing knowingly playing ‘bad’ fighting game characters. But the point is, that’s a shared context - You’re on the same playing field as anyone else, not bringing in an Outside Context Problem.

Should you play your best team in the League final? Yes. Should you buy guns and tell your team to shoot the other team at the start of the match? No.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

like professional athletes are absolutely using every supplement or drug that is within the limits of the rules to get an edge on their competitors.

cheating to the extent of installing an application that shows you where enemies are thru walls and auto-headshots etc is akin to a 100m sprint runner taking a tablet that teleports them from the start line to the finish line when the gun fires.

I can see the point in cheat codes like GTA and stuff, they add fun to a world designed to be played in that way. i dont get actively cheating in a competitive game where the idea is to try and determine who was 'the best'

e: im sure there is some self esteem/psychological aspect at play because if you arent winning for your own sake then why the gently caress are you even playing?

e2: vvvvvv yeah see for me I find i dont even like using broken/OP weapons before they patch them out. im fine with sub optimal loadouts for fun reasons, and my actual load out for MW core modes is probably not top tier but it suits my play style really well and makes up for my own shortfalls and i play excellently as a result.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 29, 2021

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Additionally, before I watch someone make the (depressing) extrapolation - There’s also nothing wrong with picking sub-optimal if that makes you happy. I have a lifelong attachment to Jak-12 Frags. Are they good? Kinda, ish, if you squint. Are they best? No, I play much better with the FAL every round of MP, and with the Swiss in WZ.

But it’s perfectly fine I do that, because I accept I’m making a sub-optimal choice I personally enjoy, and that is fine and good.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rockstar Massacre posted:

The hot-take gimmick has run its course dude, you can just let it go

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Please post your KDR and lobby rank before your bad opinions. Thank you.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Shockeh posted:

Additionally, before I watch someone make the (depressing) extrapolation - There’s also nothing wrong with picking sub-optimal if that makes you happy. I have a lifelong attachment to Jak-12 Frags. Are they good? Kinda, ish, if you squint. Are they best? No, I play much better with the FAL every round of MP, and with the Swiss in WZ.

But it’s perfectly fine I do that, because I accept I’m making a sub-optimal choice I personally enjoy, and that is fine and good.

This is a fine point because there are times where the 'meta' guns are so much better than everything else that it becomes punishing to try to play in any way that wavers from that, unless you're very very good.

I would love to see their player retention data during the different periods. I would bet they see a lot more casuals spending money when they have easy metas because people love getting kills.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Please post your KDR and lobby rank before your bad opinions. Thank you.

1.57 overall, 1.21 this season, 1.03 last 50 games lmao I hate no recoil meta

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

VulgarandStupid posted:

If anyone kills me, they’re cheating.

your custom title is mean and hurtful.

how'd you get it?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

It’s almost like you could mathematically model how much one gun is better than another. Then compound that difference, over time, and see how much of a difference it actually makes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is my kdr highlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZVIzXOekqk

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
The gun with the bomber wings and spinny propeller is cute :shobon:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

your custom title is mean and hurtful.

how'd you get it?

I told bad PUBG goons that less 1.0 KDR was below average, it wasn’t my job to teach them how to play, made them a pink tag and locked them out of my personal Discord channel.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Also isn’t the Swiss one of the meta snipers right now anyway? And the FAL is still a top gun but people don’t like semi?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

The gun with the bomber wings and spinny propeller is cute :shobon:

ABR was way OP for about a month.

When you get kills it animates more

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 29, 2021

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

This is a fine point because there are times where the 'meta' guns are so much better than everything else that it becomes punishing to try to play in any way that wavers from that, unless you're very very good.

I would love to see their player retention data during the different periods. I would bet they see a lot more casuals spending money when they have easy metas because people love getting kills.

1.57 overall, 1.21 this season, 1.03 last 50 games lmao I hate no recoil meta

It's funny because you can see the cycle reflected in the streamers who are always on the edge of the meta. They figure out what's best, abuse it and make their content, then everyone catches on and as the playing field evens out they struggle to perform and make content like they were at the beginning of a meta. So they begin to bitch and complain that the guns they were abusing now need to be nerfed.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I played a ton of games with independent fov and I have re-concluded you should never use this on PC and should always use affected.

Independent fov could give you better recoil control and more precise aiming because the targets are larger.

The problem is, independent fov means you cannot see your target when you are shooting at them with iron sights. The weapon bob and muzzle flash are so gigantic it obscures your vision.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Last night was a real one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaEf_8aTsdc

Watch where I am on the kill cam.

^ this is a strong maybe, could just be good on a new account

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ragehackers are the least problematic hackers imo

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's real weird when you get 3 in a row.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i wonder if ragehackers provide a public service showing you how infested the game really is

what % of cheaters ragehack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

What's wild now is that you can often tell if there's someone cheating in the lobby based on the number of people alive around the second ring. Weird rings don't really apply but if the first ring covers a good portion of the map and you're down to <50 people by the 2nd ring, you've probably got some cheaters in the lobby.