Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The guns feel nice and heavy in this alpha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I thought I saw something that they said they’re aware of Some audio issues and will address them.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The worst part about this alpha is that its now got me hooked. But we've gotta wait a few weeks for the mp beta.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I really wish call of duty just made their currency’s universal. I bet I have a few bucks tied up in previous editions. BUT I WANNA BUY THE NEW STUFF!!!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That...that’s exactly how cod points work?

You sure? drat I’m stupid. I feel like I have some premium currency stuck in blops 4.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
In played two rounds last night before bed and was terrible. Movement is so much different (and rightfully so) than Apex Legends which is the only thing I’ve played the last few months. Gonna take some getting used to.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The internet is angry there isn’t a mini map right now without a uav assist. I like no mini map.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Being up high seems very important. There’s a spot on the 10 v 10 map that overlooks the little playground and looks across to the blown out apartments that I think only has one way up. I camped that as a sniper and threw down a claymore at the top of the stairs. I really cleaned up.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I love the maps they’ve shown. The death of the 3 lanes style is good. Camping is good.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Agree with the claymore complaint. Not entirely sure the best way to handle balancing them in the 10 v 10 tdm it’s just way too many.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I’ve been playing apex a lot so it was at times jarring but by the end I had multiple games with a great K/D and got to use perks and stuff. First few games I went like 2-14 though.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Having a lot of issues tonight on ps4. Getting stuck on connecting to matchmaking service. I’m in a party of 3. It’s annoying.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I do think the deagle is overpowered. It is also awesome and I don’t want them to change it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

moist turtleneck posted:

https://i.imgur.com/jlboHSL.gifv

is there any reason to level up the launchers in the beta?

No. But they are fun.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I really hope the devs can resist the community a bit to keep this feeling a bit different and weird.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The well by the way is the ultimate camping spot. Have your special be ammo reload. Drop a claymore facing where they drop in from up top and you can rack it up.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

veni veni veni posted:

Ground War is a sad, pale imitation of battlefield. Ironically it was the thing I was most looking forward too, but I love most of the regular modes and think Ground war is rear end.

Like, I guess I'm glad they put it in there and I'm gonna give it more time and maybe I'll change my mind, but as it stands I don't think COD is cut out for this. Battlefield 5 is a mess but I'd still play it over GW any day of the week for this kind of experience.

Im with you. Was looking forward to ground war but as of now it just doesn’t work. Tanks are insanely powerful and also the map just makes things far too chaotic how it funnels people in a bad way. It’s not particularly fun.

Night vision is fun but I really wish they’d do a halftime swap or something because i played five NVG games last night always as the team without night vision.

I also think that the cave map is a lot better for NVG than the dock map. Because in docks you’re basically hosed if you have to dart from building to building. It’s rough.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 21, 2019

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Oh yeah. The tanks and apcs are comically bugged on ground war. Had one glitching around geometry last night that reminded me of old school battlefield. It ended up launching me in the air (when I was a ground soldier) and it hit me and flung me.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Yeah TDM makes more sense for ground war. As of now it’s just insane sniper wars.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
To be clear. I want it to stay in and it’s a fun diversion.

Also on PS4 last night I was partied with 2 other friends. After every game we’d have to exit party then regroup to find a game. Otherwise it would just sit on searching for game or whatever it is on a loop. Anyone else having this issue?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

veni veni veni posted:

Um, both teams always have night vision. You gotta hit triangle to turn it on :v:

Wait. Really? LoL. My friend when I played said that one team doesn’t get it. So I never even questioned him. I think he was loving with me.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
In GW can you zoom in the mini map? It’s completely useless and incoherent when it’s zoomed out as it is right now.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I agree that the juggernaut should just be an auto generate and not a care package.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
There’s two big arguments going on here but really the one way you can really exercise your voice is to not buy the game.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
A lot of my friends buy NHL every year. I stopped buying ea sports games since 2012. You’re not a bad person if you do or do not buy. But literally the only thing that I’m theory could send a message is them making less money.

I mean there’s other ways too but I’m buying this stupid loving game and I guess if that means some kids are going to go insane over loot boxes I’ll live with it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I ended appreciating the contrast issues of the cave just because you could ultimately use it to your advantage. And holding down the center area with the elbow turn in the cave was fun.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I hate 3 lane design. Much prefer this.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I’m very excited to play.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Can’t connect To the online services. Of course.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

happyhippy posted:

lol same.
Even to play SINGLE PLAYER.
gg

Huh? I’m playing single player.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
On PS4 you can just cancel the connect and go to offline to play single player. Maybe you can’t on PC??!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Yes I’m currently playing single player on PS4. It looks really good.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
This is kind of funny that I’ve been on the losing side of DM and Domination every game I’ve played tonight even though I’m actually playing alright. A bit of bad luck but still funny.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Capn Beeb posted:

Piccadilly deserved to get bombed, gently caress that map

It manages to feel completely too big and also too small. That back hallway behind the one business that exits into like a service tunnel becomes a death zone.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I wish they’d go full on real. Say real countries names and have a mission where we kill Putin.

Also. Loving the mission stuff to unlock banners and stuff in the multiplayer. Force people at least for a few rounds to use different load outs and stuff. Despite some hiccups I do love the feel of the game and it’s a nice change of pace after playing APEX for the past 6 months.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Anyone play the map where it’s a bridge cutting the map in half? I got matched into it last night once on TDM and it was already going and it was 80 percent snipers. I never even made it to the other side of the map. It was rough.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Just to clarify something for PS4 players as it’s not clearly spelled out.

If you pick classic Spec Ops it’s just that one wave based survival mode in the desert.

If you pick PUBLIC match or whatever its called (the first option in the coop menu) that’s where you can select 1 of the 4 currently available spec ops missions, where your class that you can choose in the sub menu matter. Its 4 person spec ops mode.

E: also I’m not finding it to be too campy. But I do agree I wish the maps were a bit better.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 26, 2019

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Elendil004 posted:

That is so loving stupid. So can you not do spec ops with just your friends?

No. You just party up with friends before entering public match but the way that’s handled is confusing. It took me some poking around the menus because I assumed public match would mean non partied play. It’s just named/nested stupidly.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
My issue with Piccadilly is that it doesn’t feel balanced well. I would have loved to have the underground tunnels be a full X that crossed under the entire map. The scaffolding side of the map and the retail stores don’t feel balanced. Sight lines feel weird. Not articulating this well but it just feels “off” to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The one that honestly bugs me most is just the enemy callout because I’ll have not seen the enemy and it gets you for a second stressed and look around a bit. Sometimes it’s one that ran across your line of sight at distance too.

The shotguns might honestly be too good. Firing time feels super fast. Maps that have indoor elements they’re godlike. The one two shot break reload shotgun is so fun. On ground war the map with the tall buildings I seriously staked out the stairwell and got so many kills. You’ll almost always win if you’re quick because they’ll generally have to aim down sight with any guns and the shotguns can just hip fire.