Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I bought an xbone and COD today. I haven’t had a console in over 10 years and haven’t played cod since mw2 on the pc. I am so lost. How do i shoot the gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there some setting I don’t have right or why do I hear basically nobody playing mariachi music or yelling racial slurs over the mic

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I bought the special edition version of the game and I don’t know what the ‘battle pass’ does but I guess the extra money just went to codbux to buy that? But then I see a timer that says it resets in a few days. Does that mean I’m should wait for that or buy it now and it rolls over or I don’t know what about it resets.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there an xbone thread or somewhere I can find pals to play with? I don’t have any friends with xboxes and it’s real lonely when apparently nobody talks on the mic in xbox live anymore. When did that happen, bring back 2007 please.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why is there no punishment for leaving games. People drop games like flies. At least put a timer on getting a new one.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ground war is so awful. You can’t do a single thing you spend more time looking at the spawn screen than playing.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What number do I put to make the ADS sensitivity the same as my normal one? I’ve tried keeping it at 1.00 like it says, going lower, going higher, I just can’t get it and the setting text makes no sense.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do the different operators have different missions or something or is it just skinning your character and they unlock randomly?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Arae posted:

Operators have a few default outfits and commonly have operator specific challenges to unlock other things. View challenges on operator screen. (Some stuff is $$ only.)

The challenges still count when you're assigned to the "other" faction.

Do I have to activate a challenge like “yes, I will be going for 500 hipfire claymore kills now” or is it tracking all challenges at all times?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What do the different “Aim response curve type” options actually do?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

So to unlock the Ump it says get 2 sliding kills in 15 different games but I’ve been trying and I’m still at 0??? What counts as a sliding kill

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

P90 has always been and will always be the best codgun even if it isn’t

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don’t even understand warzone. I can shoot someone 30 times and they don’t die.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

There are 50000 different gun attachments in the game and yet warzone just gives you basically a god gun the first box you open and there’s no mix and matching. Looting buildings is pointless after the first 30 seconds.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do I get anything for playing the, haha I can’t believe I’m saying this, campaign?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

do controller people not know they can just up their sensitivity and turn fast like a mouse

i play both and yea i can pinpoint better on a mouse but just turn your controller sensitivity double digit+

I cranked mine as high as it would go and no it is still not the same. I think there’s also some acceleration going on that I don’t know how to turn off.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did the update move the battlepass menu to the left of the operators on the tabs? I’m glad they finally sorted that out it was very important.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The campaign is taking me 5x longer than it needs to because I cannot resist both dying to obvious traps to see what happens and ruthlessly headshotting all the civilians I can and having to start from the checkpoint. You best believe I shot that baby right in its little baby head.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 15, 2020

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do XP tokens stack? I have a bunch, if I use them all at once can I get 5 million xp a game

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The challenges to unlock the last weapon in each category are just flat out not tracking for me. I guess I am forbidden from using those guns.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

--Dogshit trash maps that i back out of every time--
atlas superstore

the institute for dumb idiots with bad opinions called, they want to make you president

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I really wish they’d fix the drat scoreboard because everyone just just drops out before I can see how much damage I did.

My question is why the scoreboard calls it a “Lifestreak”

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The time trials are loving impossible to get 3 stars on any of them.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Are UAVs way shorter than other games or am I just bad

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is it just me or does the gunfight announcer not make any sense?

THREE UP, THREE DOWN when the score is now 2-2

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Wait does crossplay let kbm and controllers play together? I assumed the PC players were also using controllers and the kbm people were by themselves.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

T W E N T Y F I V E games of getting 2 longshot kills with an LMG. Moderner Warfare 2 will be out before I finish this poo poo.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The gunfight tournament is cool and good but it keeps just randomly booting me out between matches. The first time I get to the final and it just goes back to the menu when everyone readies :suicide:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I’m pretty sure my screen cuts a little off at the edges. What is the 3 orange squares on top of each other in the middle left? Looks like a button on a printer.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

LLJKSiLk posted:

I tank mine sadly trying to level every gun. I still have a 0.92 k/d overall but I certainly have matches where I get screwed by trying to level guns with no attachments or doing camo challenges.

I am unable to deviate from what I want to do. Trying to level my sniper and shipment comes up? You bet I’m gonna go 8-35.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why is the man on the main loading screen dual wielding thanksgiving turkey carvers and yet I am not able to do that in the game

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

Yeah socializing even negatively is really lost in gaming nowadays

Ground War should be teamwide voice chat. At least then you would have a chance of getting at least one person talking.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah they really hosed it up. It's funny how it seems to get slightly worse with every patch.

Fun popping a 15 minute 2x weapon XP and having it be half gone by the time I can find a game. It's really cool how those things still run out of time when you are in between rounds. I really want to know who's idea that was.

The accounting department.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there any difference at all between the various optics of the same type? Like why are there 5 different red dots, holographics, and zoom ones?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How to cod: if you are not shooting your’e gun you should be at a full sprint. there is no inbetween

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The nazi LMG has so much potential to be Good but it is in fact Bad.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

i had to open it up to quickplay with like 6 modes enabled on core to get a game

People turn modes other than infected off?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Am I the only idiot that didn’t know there was a whole bucket of challenges under rank progression in the barracks tab? This whole time I’ve just been looking at the challenges tab how could I be so stupid.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How come sometimes a match will only give me the option to use one of my field upgrades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BTSX crew since day 1.

DOG for the Dogtanian MW2 crew

I’m pretty sure I’m still banned from the Modern Goonfare 2 steam group chat. loving Duncan.