Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

GET MY BELT SON posted:

BOYS clan still around?

I can be for the good old days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Shipment is cool and good. Don't hate, embrace the madness.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Skyarb posted:

I love white phosperous. I think its low key the best killstreak in the game. (well maybe the gunship, which is straight OP)

That's really cool that you can get more than 3 kills in a row

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

TheGoonspiracist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-19Nyvmqtk
I’m sad I never got to hear any rage mics from this.

This was a fun game and I thoroughly enjoy Mosquito's complaints in hindsight

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What do you guys reckon is the most optimal M4 build? I scrapped the FMJ perk because I felt like it wasn’t really adding much for me but I ultimately only care about low ads and ttk

Corvus Custom, Stippled grip tape, reflex sight, 60rd mags, Singuard invader stock

OR

11.5in barrel, stippled grip tape, commando fore grip, forgetac cqb stock, 60 rd mags

OR

12.4 barrel, stippled grip tape, invader stock, 60rd mags, reflex sight, or commando fore grip

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

tjones posted:

I don't think 60 rounders are worth it. You can murder 3 dudes with a stock mag before having to reload if you're smart with your shots. If it were respawn and you wanted the extra ammo, I'd go with 50 rounders instead if it truly affects mobility in any noticeable difference. 10 extra rounds isn't much with how fast reloads for the M4 are.

The 60rd mags don't have any measurable negative effects.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Doing the 'switch to an enemy weapon and killing an enemy within a short amount of time' quest made me truly upset that your dude has to cock a picked up gun that's already ready to go

But yet one would actually press check a gun that they picked up IRL.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

I bought it too. It’s fun watching the trash man bodies pile up on shipment.

That's because you're a RWA.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I think my level of enjoyment of this game would go up significantly if the entire goon group ran around with the junk pile skin.

Edit: In other news here's Ace's list of the best guns for hardcore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQXYlbcW_Gk

JaySB fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 8, 2020

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Tokubetsu posted:

It sucks man, the best way to build it out is either no stock, short barrel smg style or silenced barrel + sub sonic rounds. Both suck, still doesn't matter but at least with smg build you can run around fast

Skeleton Stock > *

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Just had a game on shipment where 2 of the kids on my team were running thermite and just spawning and suiciding to thermite the entire game...

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

I’m glad people like DomPeri on PS4 exist so that I’m not at the bottom of the leader board. Never thought I’d meet someone worse than me but here we are

1v1 me right now!

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

What should be my setup for the m7?

Strike barrel, compensator, Tac Ultralight, sleight of hand, 50rd mags... swap compensator for mono suppressor

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Some interesting stats about Amped here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KsrwbVFyEo

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

soggybagel posted:

I joined a Hardcore match in progress and the other team had a Juggernaut. That was “fun.”

Equip thermite. Suicide to thermite, rinse/repeat.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

The only thing that sucks about leveling guns on shipment is that a lot of guns suck on shipment.

May I direct you to Hardcore....

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i said this the other night and got laughed at but the silver lining of the spooky etherial ghost of SBMM is that modes that have historically been sweatfests (like S&D) are much more manageable to play and win now

It's because I was in the group AND Jase was hosting. You're welcome. Gary might have been there too dragging it even further down the SB algorithm.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

shut up blegum posted:

Can someone give me some tips to get longshots? I swear I kill people from a great distance, and sometimes it gives me the longshot and sometimes it doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41EHbc5uFJs

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

are there hackers in this game? people are constantly lining me up coming around corners and i have ghost on

Sound whoring is huge in this game. Also, latency. But yes there are also cheaters

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

codo27 posted:

Of course, all internet talk is stupid and the internet at large should be deleted but sound whoring has to be one of the worst expressions out there. How dare you practice situational awareness! How dare you listen instead of blasting music in the background while you are gunned down repeatedly! You whore!

Its literally one of the only commonly used tactics that makes sense and isn't cheap

Calm your tits.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

ecavalli posted:

I need to earn about 40 longshot kills on the M4. Anyone have any advice on where the best place to do that might be?

Hardcore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41EHbc5uFJs

Youth with a Skull posted:

RAM is okay, but it has the worst sprint out to ADS time of any assault rifle in the game.

I don't think that's true.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Youth with a Skull posted:

I could be wrong, but I believe Ace mentioned it in this in depth review - He's been consistent on other weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXyFewy65N8

"Fastest ADS of any AR"..."Standard sprintout time and super sprintout time"

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

muggins posted:

god my daily 'big one' is 'get 30 kills with low health'

the worrrrrrst

If shipment 24/7 were still around, the easy way would be to damage yourself with thermite and then kill people.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV_Qa56NQo4

Rifle Class Setups:
1:12 FAL, 2:08 M13, 3:00, FR 5.56, 4:06 AK-47, 5:03 SCAR 17, 6:18 ODIN, 6:50 KILO 141, 8:05 RAM-7, 9:02 M4A1

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Especially now that they have shown that anything that decreases bullet velocity does in fact decrease your range...

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I take full credit for that clip, as without me bringing the SBMM down by hosting there might never have been such a lobby

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Who did I tell to put money on Roxanne? You're welcome.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

Also trying to go for juggernaut is very frustrating and stopping me from enjoying the game.

Hi friend, let me help you. Equip a sniper rifle with a launcher. Run cold blooded, pointman, and amped. VTOL, Chopper Gunner, Juggernaut. Go into ground war, stay at the home base, shoot down every kill streak and destroy every vehicle the enemy is driving. Snipe the occasional person out in the open. Call in your streaks.

Stick to bjj and IT and being bad at Modern Warfare.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

codo27 posted:

So I'm just finding out the scar is nearly always one hit in HC. It's like having my beloved deagle in assault rifle form. Doesn't make up for speed and mobility advantages of mp7 but still nice to toy around with

Same with the AK and the Bizon. They own in HC.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dragunov, Oden, M4 with Socom rounds, and I think the EBR are all 1 hit kills to almost anywhere on the body with stopping power....

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Pointman with a launcher and a sniper rifle has gotten me tons of streaks in ground war.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

is there an attachment that prevents your gun from being heard and your bullets from being seen?

For the MP5, yeah.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

JOKRing the main spawn in ground war will never not be hilarious.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I don't think anyone should really run pointman over ghost except for a couple very niche situations.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

What level does the Kar unlock the attachments that make it not feel like poo poo to use?

When you complete the battle pass and get the good blue print?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I learned that you need to close the game app or PS4 will throttle your download speed today.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Cliffs:

SCAR17 got a real buff to recoil
They broke stopping power
Crash stealth patched the half wall
Objectives no longer charge field upgrades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOnvu7EpUFY

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

stopping power is broken powerful or doesnt work

Doesn't work for the FAL or Oden

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The crossbow's reload time is nearly 4 seconds. I mean....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah for sure. I’ve been wanting to try and actually finish those actually. I’m gonna be in Vegas till Monday but I’m just gonna waste away in front of games all day on Tuesday when I get back.

Don't forget to thank the forums when you win your AVN Award