Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Few other games have the capacity to be as piss-boilingly frustrating as this loving thing yet I keep coming back

After maybe 6 or 7 consecutive games of Euphrates Bridge Domination spawning at C and suffering through, even occasionally getting a victory when competent teammates also realise the value of getting and holding the bridge, I finally started a game where we spawned at A and thought for 2 seconds I might be able to enjoy it but then found my entire team were content to fan out across the back of the map with sniper rifles while I made a futile one man effort at B until I gave up

Then in the next game I got Yelchined by my own IAV from a care package when it rolled back slightly while I was trying to get in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
What's this snakeshot people are talking about

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

It seems I've made a grave error turning 155 because now every game matches me against a full team of 155s while my own team is made of a random assortment of levels, and I keep getting my poo poo absolutely pounded and every encounter is someone bunny hopping around a corner on me?

And even fuckin shoothouse is boring with both teams absolutely locking down their spawn and refusing to venture further

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I had a 'get 25 kills with killstreaks daily mission' and got the first 24 kills very quickly with a nice mix of vtols, cruise missiles and a gunship at some point including my highest ever killstreak. Then when I had half an hour to go and literally 1 remaining killstreak kill needed to complete the mission a combination of me turning to poo poo, being bumped up the SSBM level and the game repeatedly giving me Crash, a map I have no historical knowledge of and have been getting absolutely buttfucked every time from windows and roofs, meant I couldn't string together the measly kills required for a care package or cruise missile and I missed out on the mission and the banner reward I wanted.

How often do these things take to come round again and do I basically just have to wait and hope?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

poe meater posted:

.. I didn't know daily missions gave special rewards other than XP or something. What was the missed reward? I got the dog charm the other day, that's cool I guess.

AFAIK 2 of the challenges are just XP rewards and 1 will have some kind of loot, either a spray, emblem, banner, or charm. I still have no idea what sprays are or do but I like collecting the charms and the animated banners. The banner I wanted was a cartoon gorilla taking a selfie surrounded by hearts I think.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Ceros_X posted:

This isn't the way I read about it on the blog sites. You can only grind the first 30 levels and unlock 300 COD points along the way. If you pay the 10 bucks and get the 1k COD points to get the battle pass, you can grind out 1k additional points (so 1300 total) which you can then use to pay for the next season.

He said that

Romes128 posted:

Theoretically you only have to pay for this one battle pass and just use earned cod points for future ones. Unless they jack up the price.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Love it when I'm trying to stealthily flank the opposing team but I just become a spawn point for teammates who then go charging off and blow any chance of surprise

Also, I read there's night time variants of some of the maps? Literally never seen one in 500+ games

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

What does personal radar actually do, other than letting other players know exactly where you are by having a helicopter hovering over your head on the minimap?

soggybagel posted:

A downside I noticed to being in a squad of 3 is that when you play the new mode you much more often get paired up 3 vs 4 and quite frankly the extra guy really is an advantage. When I’m on a 4 vs 3 we rarely lose.

I played gunfight the other day and the first time I was alone vs 2 people, then after I quit that after being bummed for a couple rounds I was alone against 3 people, which I didn’t even think was possible.

Statutory Ape posted:

what unlocks the new LMG? i "hover" over it for lack of a better term and it just has a lock but no info

15 or 20 in the free battle pass tiers I think.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Carecat posted:

It's tier 31

No, that's the assault rifle, the LMG is level 15

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Crash is such a horribly poo poo map to try to learn

Everything is brown and there's so many angles

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 9, 2019

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Guess which dickhead just discovered tactical sprint exists, 600 games in

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Any objective at the B site in Shoothouse is ripe for point blank kills, just pop a smoke grenade and run in there with the 725 and jump on people's heads or nail them when they run around the tyres

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I get in a weirdly zen state sometimes when I'm forced into an automatic response and end up easily taking down 4 or 5 dudes, then as soon as I start overthinking whatever I'm doing I die stupidly again

Wish I could train myself to stick in that weird zone

Like just now on shoothouse I had just unloaded nearly all my PKM bullets into two VTOLs and the hard point or headquarters or whatever it is reset so the entire enemy team spawned around the corner from me and I in some divine flow managed to kill a couple of them with the PKM dregs, swap for a sniper on the floor and nail another couple then switched to my lovely pistol alt and took down one more before C4ing myself and a final dude about to cap me

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Which goon did I just play a couple of very fun and chaotic shoothouse rounds with who goes by 'MP5bellend' and was running with a shield as back armour, a combat knife and throwing knives and literally never fired a single bullet, instead hurtling around corners and screaming out of smoke to stab me to death repeatedly

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Going back to visit my family at Christmas means my CoD playing abilities are in a different country so I'm gonna have to live vicariously through this thread for a week

I'm bummed I'll miss the flood of newbies after Christmas

Shipping crate level sounds super fun

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 20, 2019

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

How can I play against people as bad as that third guy you nailed who had all the time in the world to shoot you out in the open with your back turned and still failed

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Ooft trying to get back into this game after two weeks away over christmas by jumping into a shipment match (having not played it before) was loving brutal

Also this is just me being away from my tv setup but gently caress I felt sick after playing for a couple of rounds, the whole screen fills my fov and charging around and spinning around corners made me feel like I was gonna fall off the sofa

I'll have to ease myself in with some more relaxed game modes

Also what build do I need to run to do anything remotely effective in shipment

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Guess I'll never get to enjoy that shipment insanity, gently caress me for going home for Christmas

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

You know those shoothouse domination matches where your team are so loving poo poo they can't even hold one loving point

Yeah

I hate those

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

So when I got bored of the mayhem of shoothouse and thought I'd play some of the general playlist, I got two domination shipment matches

gently caress that loving piece of poo poo map

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Ceros_X posted:

Did they ever fix the snakeshot glitch where it shot shotgun - singleshot - shotgun - singleshot?

With the caveat that I saw this on youtube, apparently they're all shotgun shots, just the spread of the ones that appear as a single shot is ridiculously tight - so if you hit on target, the enemy is still going down, but you obviously have to be much more accurate

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Took the opportunity of double XP to drop a bunch of different guns into my loadouts, and loving hell the R9-0 might be my new favourite gun

Went from level 1 to 30 in just an hour and a half of shootout, once you get the hang of its gimmick and get the barrel that improves the range and tightens the spread it functions like a midrange-specced 725 except you don't need to reload between double shots

Also after bitching about shipment the other day, just won a FFA match on it thanks to the R9-0 I was running

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I got a daily mission requiring an amount of shield turret kills, 15 or 20 can't remember anyway I thought the calling card reward looked cool (a spartan soldier holding his shield up defending against a rain of animated arrows) but going for it was loving torturous

The daily missions change at 7pm where I am so I usually have a couple of hours after work to try to grind one if I like the reward, this one went down to the wire, literally last minute in shoothouse where I dropped a turret in the middle lane and hoped and prayed for people stupid enough to run into my path to give me the last couple of kills I needed

They did thankfully, and going for some of those daily missions can be a fun way to change up your gameplay a bit if you're getting stuck in a rut

Not mad so much as just plain wrong

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Today is the day of me getting absolutely merked by kar98k no scope 360 players apparently

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I hope this shipment playlist sticks around for a while because I wanna put some hours into it levelling guns and enjoying the general chaos but my girlfriend's mum is staying with us atm and I don't wanna subject her to hours of loud explosions and bullet and death noises

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Why do I have a permanent green square signifying a new attachment on my Origin 12 shotgun when I have nothing new

It’s very frustrating

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Nope those are both in the customisation section not attachments

From googling it’s a known bug, a ghost attachment, but not one a lot of people would see because they’re not getting the Origin 12 to level 47 or 8 which is when it appeared, however I’m having a lot of joy with it on Shipment with the drum magazine and specced for range

Totally first world problems but I’m the kind of person who doesn’t like unread notifications on apps and this is that basically

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

It'll be back

My girlfriend is working this weekend so I'm gonna play shipment till my ears and eyes bleed and hopefully come out of it with 4 platinum shotguns

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 11, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Things I hate: nailing a lamppost with my cruise missile

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Speaking of Shipment and having been playing it and only it for the last two days (I know, I hate myself) it really annoys me how I seem to be the only person on my teams who realises that on Domination it's absolutely worth the lives you give up securing B to ensure you don't get spawn hosed into oblivion

Like I know people don't play the objective but it's kinda necessary on that map and mode unless you wanna rage quit

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Why did noone tell me HC Shipment was this fun

(I know people repeatedly said it)

Running around with a Deagle working as a 'click to delete' gun feeling like its CS 1.3 all over

Edit: except people who lie down in the middle lanes. gently caress those people

Edit2: and joining a dom game in progress and immediately dying 5 times in a row due to spawn campers before thinking gently caress this

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 14, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Run with emergency air drop and you'll pull a chopper gunner out sooner rather than later

Or just suck it up and git gud, cruise missile - vtol - chopper gunner coupled with kill chain and a bit of camping should get you it sooner rather than later

I don't consider myself particularly good but I've got chopper frequently enough on shoothouse by running with a close range shotgun and long range smg build, when you get a lucky spawn clearing flank that should be your cruise missile, at which point hide in the office or behind blue barrels and try for the extra kill or two you need for the VTOL then turtle the gently caress up

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 15, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The daily challenge kill the enemy with their own weapon 6 times is deeply frustrating

Get a gun, reload it safely, try to hunt for the same guy who dropped it, inevitably die a lot because you're taking risks, get frustrated, whenever you do see the same player let the pressure make you react sloppily and die, repeat

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 17, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

ecavalli posted:

Valid point.

Maybe try equipping EOD and sprinting through the claymore? It won't kill you and whoever laid it is likely to be very surprised at the not-a-corpse suddenly shooting at him.

Do you often forget the start of conversations when you're more than two sentences into them

The guy was asking about how to hack claymores for the challenge

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Lol

Does eod even guarantee you won't die? I run it on a couple of builds and I cant remember the last time I didn't die immediately from one

Also does port of verdansk ever not suck or is it just a horrible map generally

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I'm enjoying the generous double xp time, seeing as I don't like playing too much over the weekend when my girlfriend's around because its loud and obnoxious and I'd rather watch/do poo poo with her, but mondays I only work a couple of hours so I can poopsock to my heart's content

Using this opportunity to level a bunch of guns across the board and I'm finally getting the hang of the Kar98k although I'm still nowhere near 360 no scoping, but it does definitely teach you better habits by forcing you to actually aim for their head and upper body

Also I'm finding the Uzi a lot less terrible than I was expecting, but that's probably because I'm coming off levelling other average guns rather than straight from the best. Obviously it's a pea shooter but as long as I don't dive into medium range 50/50 engagements expecting to win then I won't be disappointed. Gonna loving suck trying to get long range kills with it though

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Housh posted:

When you are stuck by a sticky bomb is there no way to survive it?

If its stuck to your shield, you can survive by running the shield into the nearest wall. Not totally implausible either because most of the time whoever stuck you will run away or take cover because they're expecting you to come after them

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Iron Lung posted:

Is the battle pass even worth it at this point, or just wait until the next one? I guess I don't really care too much about extra content or skins but the game makes me feel like I'm missing out on something, so I guess the marketing is working!

It depends how far along you are in it. If you buy it and can hit 100 before the end, you earn back more than what you paid in coins which you can then buy the next battle pack with. If you're nowhere near 100 then yeah I'd wait.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Annoying going for a juggernaut, getting 10 kills for a chopper gunner, managing to hide and kill enough people with the chopper without hearing my character die in the process then coming back excited to realise that the load out didn't have kill chain on and thus no juggernaut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

HQ is a very bad and unfun game mode as it stands with how people actually play it