Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I know I'm not the only one wondering this, where's the pulled pork?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

144fps, better FOV, and console lobbies? Yes please.

Probably need a beast of a machine to hit 144, these games are always so badly optimized for PC.

In Bllllops I was unable to hit a steady 144 with a 1080 and every graphics setting on the lowest possible

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Nope! Humble Bundle and HOLD OFF because they just announced the bundle with RTX cards so the game will be get keys sold on eBay and poo poo for $25 I bet. Stay tuned on that. I posted in discord but here’s the link too: https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-is-bundling-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-with-its-geforce-rtx-gpus/

Nvidia has started forcing you to redeem games through gforce experience and they won't work unless you have the correct type of card. E.g. you'll already need to have an rtx.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Qmass posted:

if you are on PC make sure your res isn't scaling below 100% and disable AA - some bad default graphics settings going on. (also multiple kinds of motion blur you can disable)

Yeah, for some reason my system defaulted to everything on max and render on 50%

Game fun but my two complaints are certain parts are too dark and the gunsmith is cool but too many levels when it's so important for the game. At least start me with an item in each category. The naked ebr is beyond painful.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

eonwe posted:

Can you explain the disable AA part? I noticed the scaling and bumped that up to the max it let me bump it up to.

With cross play I welcome the return of PC setting talk to the CoD thread.

Anti Aliasing removed jaggies. It takes some gpu effort that you probably want to spend on increasing frame rate.

You usually want to set render scale to 100%. That means if you're using a 1440p monitor it will render 1440p. Bumping it up to the max means it's rendering more pixels than it needs and downsampling, throwing away your gpus hard work.

With 100% render and every other setting low/off I hit a consistent 90ish frames at 1440p with a GTX 1080.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Same but 110ish frames with a 1080Ti.

But how much can you bench?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Who decided the max party size for 10v10 is 6?

Did the guy who decided max party for 32v32 is 4 feel obligated to outdo his stupidity?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

faantastic posted:

Tweaked my graphics so the game is playable on PC.

Maps are still dogshit, though I am thinking that is more because of how bad spawns are however there are too many open fire lanes to create any kind of defense/perimeter etc.

Name plates need to be reverted, super confusing and take up too much room.

Gun runner is the only good map in the demo.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Random gun thoughts

The mp5 with 10mm ammo is ridiculous. It's basically the mw2 ump.

The oden is what happens when someone take the m60 damage/rof and makes it an AR.

The propipe is fun but it's been severally nerfed. You only get one shot and the double lethal perk doesn't affect it. I don't think the recharge does either but can't remember.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Loot boxes are designed to exploit people and prey upon addictions. Saying "lol don't do it" is pretty cavalier.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0213194

There's plenty of other literature out there on it if you look.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
It is so dumb you can't opt out of groundwar, the maps are so bad.

Also I have how useless guns are to start.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Where is this Groundwar you speak of?

Whatever the 10v10 mode is called. It'll always be ground war to me.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

The first TDM game I played I sat in a dark window in our spawn point and went 16-4 and got a chopper gunner. The next two games I tried moving around the map and went 1-13 and 3-10. I then turned my PS4 off. Every single aspect of this game is designed around camping and holding parts of the map to the point where it doesn't even feel like a CoD game to me. This makes Ghosts feel like Quake 2.

-Gunshots don't appear on the minimap.
-TTK is almost hardcore level.
-Footsteps are super loud.
-Dead silence is an activated skill with a long cooldown.
-Movement is super slow.
-Almost every single gun attachment increases ADS time.
-Windows are so dark you can't see people in them.
-'Open' map designs where every time you step around the corner there are a couple dozen lines of fire you can get instant killed from.
-Buildings on doors you have to open so everyone in the building can hear you coming in.

It's a nightmare if you liked the faster pace arcady shooter feel of most of the old CoDs.

I concur. The main maps I've had fun with are gunrunners, that middle Eastern one with all the verticality, and the picadilly circle one. These are the only ones I've seen that feel like mw2 to me. I think I also like HQ better than Dom in this game, because it forces people to move. I just wish the hq was randomized.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mill Village posted:

You totally can counter soundwhoring with Dead Silence. I watched streamers ambush people with it.

Dead Silence seems so much better than all the other field orders. It charges so fast, you don't make any noise, and in addition it gives you a speed boost.

Also, the R9 shotgun is super good/fun.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
The matchmaker is absolutely horrid. We played for a few hours tonight with a 4-5 stack and rarely if ever did the game give us a full party. We basically played the entire night spotting the enemy team a guy.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Was it MW3 that had Hotdog map? I'd run shield on that and people would get screaming angry even if I went like 8 and 18. That was also the first game with death mics. I was showing a friend how silly it was and he still laughs about the guy who couldn't articulate anything other than "gently caress you MosquitoJones!" after I killed him 3x in a row. New shield isn't quite as good as the old one but it's still great. If they'd increase the bash distance just a bit or make it so you threw tacs/lethals a bit faster it would be perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8kplB6ui-s&t=217s

HOTDOG was Ghosts, the last good CoD.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Neither does this game

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I'm not sure if it's randomized or if they just changed the order.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Falken posted:

Just had 5 games back to back where I was stuck in anunwinnable spawn trap so that's cool. Arklov peak A point is particularly bad.

They need to fix the spawn logic and get rid of every map except for Hackney Yard. The only enjoyment I get now is in GW...

Anyway this has been my whine post. Hit me up on PSN HkFalken

Hey, gun runner is fun too.

I have no idea why most of the maps have large open areas that you have to run across to get out of spawn or to the objective

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Tactically

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Does anyone actually enjoy shoot house or is it just an excuse to level guns? As far as I can tell it's a total pile of poo poo.

People who like call of duty enjoy it.

It's a smaller map with much fewer lines of sight, it's great.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
As a heads up for anyone on PC who is crashing, one of the issues involves having your textures set too low. I turned mine up to normal and haven't crashed since.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I'm going to be sad when shoot house 24/7 goes away and CoD is bad again.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

This was my thinking until every round of kill confirmed I played was folks just camping tags the second they get a few points ahead. Those things stay active for ages.

Yeah, while it's nice that both sides tags are visible, it really gives a lot of information based on what gets picked up/denied

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

rap music posted:

actually it kind of seems like they do

i noticed yesterday that it felt stronger when i was using a holo for the first time since I normally use a reflex or 3x, but there may be other variables that factor into this, or it could have simply been my imagination.

I hope they put in the mw2 fal Holo thing for funsies.

Also rip to the best reload of all time.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Marshawn Lynch??? Hell yes I am all about that action, boss.

I hope every voice line is "I'm just here so I won't get fined"

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Ground War is great because most people who want to snipe go there and I don't have to deal with them in 6v6

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Now that the 725 has eaten a 4th nerf, and the 680 got a pre-emptive nerf, what's the most obnoxious rushing weapon at this point? MP5? Snakeshot Python?

People are sleeping on the R9-0

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

There any more charts like this for different weapons? I tried 10mm the other night and it seemed a bit better, but not a whole terrible lot in exchange for a significant bump to recoil.

Those charts are done by XclusiveAce in his YouTube videos, he doesn't polish them separately. I think he has the best CoD educational videos.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
To get the anime camo you need to either wait for it to rotate in the store, or buy current bundles until it replaces the one you bought. There are 10 available bundles and 5? spots?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Did anyone data mine what the attachments do? I just want to figure out if two attachments say they do the same thing which is better than the other or if they're the same. As usual I assume the bars are worthless.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
That's a shame, I'm mostly interested in the shotguns and those are a difficult to test in game.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

God I wish the origin 12 shotgun wasn't a piece of poo poo at anything other than knife someone in the face range

The origin isn't bad, it just suffers from the same problem shotguns usually do in CoD games which is that there's straight up "make the gun better" attachments that you have to unlock. Throwing on all the +damage range, better hipfire, and sprint to fire items makes it decent.

My shotgun opinion is colored by the fact I only play 24/7 shoothouse though

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

codo27 posted:

I want a no killstreaks mode. Or a Speed FFA mode where you aren't allowed to stay still

It is your luckily day, they just announced the cranked game type will return in the next patch

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Ghosts is better than any CoD that doesn't have the words Modern or Warfare in its title

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
The best build is whatever gives you the most ads and movement speed. Recoil reduction is for cowards.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I'm playing 6v6 wait for shoothouse to come back

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

Am I correct in that reducing bullet velocity and effective range makes it easier to get longshots?

I was getting them real close that way with the SCAR but idk if it was science or just shoddy observation

No. Each weapon type has a set distance that is called a Longshot, attachments don't affect it so put on all the range extending stuff.

XclusiveAce has a YouTube video on it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Wazzit posted:

I think Black Ops 2 had a mode where there were 4 teams or something? Maybe I just made that up.

Black Ops 4 had a twentyfive and fifty team modes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
CoD points are now shockingly not game specific, so if you got some in blops4 they carry over