Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is the alpha over? I can open it but it just sits at “searching for a match” forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Which of you PS4 degenerates are going to be on the beta this weekend?

I can play Saturday-Monday

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Sure am glad I blew $10 on a month of PS+ only for Amazon to not send me my beta code!

Amazon sent me one and it had already been redeemed :banjo:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This game is awesome. CoD went back to its roots and I love it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do other killstreaks unlock in the beta?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I’d definitely rather have the mini map. But if it doesn’t come back it’s not the end of the world.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea my main gripe with the game right now is it’s very difficult to see enemies at a distance. I don’t have a PS4pro or a 4K tv though so that would probably help.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still having a blast. Just annoying to see a kill cam and I can barely even make myself out before I get plinked.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I love that old school CoD moment where you get a chopper gunner and just immediately rack up 10+ kills seeing little red boxes spawn bunched up in a corner and utterly annihilating them.

Reminds me of dropping nukes in MW2.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea if you liked CoD Modern Warfare, World at War, Black Ops 1, or MW2, you owe it to yourself to hop back in.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Its funny how something simple like interacting with doors and mounting really changes things.

How do you interact with doors besides just opening them normally or running through them? I haven’t been able to open on slowly or partially.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea gently caress that guy

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I literally can’t even see half the guys you are killing in this video. I don’t know why they went with this weird muddy brown/grey color scheme for everything.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So PlayStation + wasn’t needed for the beta this week. Does anyone know if you need an Xbox live subscription to play the beta this weekend?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it possible to have voice chat between PS4 and Xbox?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yup. I played on PS4 last weekend. Just logged onto my Xbox and everything carried over. Pretty sweet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea this game doesn’t let you run and gun like the old call of duty games did (MW, WaW, Blops, MW2), which I’m bummed out about, but it’s still a lot of fun. You just have to be more cautious.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m on a launch Xbox one and there’s no lag or anything weird going on in ground war. It’s not partially fun though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

soggybagel posted:

To be clear. I want it to stay in and it’s a fun diversion.

Also on PS4 last night I was partied with 2 other friends. After every game we’d have to exit party then regroup to find a game. Otherwise it would just sit on searching for game or whatever it is on a loop. Anyone else having this issue?

Yep, same issue on Xbox.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did they raise the level cap? I thought 20 was the max.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rusty posted:

I saw some guy in Twitch playing that had the killstreak perk and it's insane how many things you can do once you get enough kills for a missile. He killed three people with a missile, sent out a VTOL which killed five really fast, which got him the chopper gunner, which quickly turned in to a gun ship when he was done.

Pretty impressive considering you can only have 3 killstreaks selected at once.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kri kri posted:

Worth $24 on the xbox store ya think?

Hell no

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ground was was an absolute poo poo show. I can’t even imagine adding 36 more people.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Is the money they get from this stupid poo poo just outweighed by how many people are just totally disinterested in the cosmetic poo poo?

Of course.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mill Village posted:

From Moderner Warfare Reddit:

Can you purchase the game today from a store? Or is it only playable today if you bought it digitally?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

faantastic posted:

Again, I play COD for the fun of running around and mindlessly killing, not for setting claymores and hiding in a window for 3-4 minutes to pick someone off going for a flank. That shits for Battlefield

Battlefield is nothing like this. You’re encouraged to move as much as possible, and there’s a million flanking routes to punish campers. Call of Duty has always been the campers haven, specifically due to killstreaks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just want to play! Why do I have to do 3 hours worth of downloads :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

People saying Battlefield is slow and tactical have never played Battlefield apparently. Battlefield is over the top madness (or in BFV's case badness) not plodding and slow.

Yea I run and gun like a madman in every battlefield. It’s nothing like people are describing it as ITT.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just got a chopper gunner in ground war! The game ended as soon as I called it in...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Game is a lot of fun, my main complaint is how much camping is incentivized. It’s just exponentially easier to do well if you don’t move around much.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was looking forward to using the thermal scope and smoke grenades. Finally unlocked the scope and... it’s complete trash. Just useless. 😞

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The riot shield and claymores is loving awesome. Too bad dead silence is so lovely

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MW2 was fun because you could run and gun and still dominate. Dual 1887’s, dual raffika’s, care package grenade running, etc was so much fun. Just wildly sprinting around the map destroying everyone.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doubling the TTK would make this game so much better

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Throwing knives are so fun. Nothing like someone seeing you with a riot shield from 30 feet away and thinking, haha this guy can’t do poo poo against me, and then getting hit in the forehead with a knife.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Didn’t they say they were going to put in parkour style hiding spots that were hard to get to? Are there actually any?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Just learned If you ADS before interacting with a door, you’ll quietly nudge it open a sliver

I’ve been wondering how to do this, thank you.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yessss demolition is coming back. Thank god

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just double the TTK and the game is perfect

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dpulex posted:

Is anyone enjoying the game or mostly just hate playing it until IW unfucks it?

I mostly hate it, with brief periods of enjoying it peppered in. The only way I can have fun is using the riot shield. Then I can actually move around the map without leaning around every wall and checking the dozens of sight lines and camping spots I’m vulnerable to. Still can’t sprint ever though, anytime I sprint I’m instantly killed from some far off corner of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dpulex posted:

Is anyone enjoying the game or mostly just hate playing it until IW unfucks it?

I mostly hate it, with brief periods of enjoying it peppered in. The only way I can have fun is using the riot shield. Then I can actually move around the map without leaning around every wall and checking the dozens of sight lines and camping spots I’m vulnerable to. Still can’t sprint ever though, anytime I sprint I’m instantly killed from some far off corner of the map.