Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Nav controller is a popular choice on the XIM forums if you're not into keyboards/keypads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Small word of warning wrt the Apex, I've seen reports of the housing coming apart from plugging and unplugging it into the console. You may want to buy a short usb extension cord to leave it plugged into.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
That’s only an issue in some games like Overwatch and Destiny. Call of Duties, Battlefields, and Siege all work fine.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Nah, the Stingray and crossbow got nerfed, so pick the guns that have High Caliber 1 & 2 for maximum tryhard.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
MP was mostly fine until Zero and the lootbox weapons that didn't get nerfed for months.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Preload is up for PS4

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's a shame the brightness setting is pretty much useless and these games continue to have the worst color blind options ever (all games need to jack Overwatch's system)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

kri kri posted:

What audio settings are people using for headphones? Why in the gently caress did they remove the headphones preset? ugh

I hope they add a bf-type rush mode to ground war, and bump it to 100+ people I need some proper chaos

Use Boost High, it cuts down on ambient noises and boosts footsteps.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I haven't played MP since the second day of release. I think maybe the couple title updates they have planned to roll out this month might fix a lot but who knows.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It is supposed to group by input, it probably tries to fill the game asap.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

RCarr posted:

I don’t understand how I’m so bad at this game. I was crazy good at MW2 (the last cod I played). I dropped so many nukes in that game. I struggle to get a god drat 5 kill streak in this one. I’ll be aiming down the sights at a corner and someone will run around it and kill me faster than I can kill them. It makes no sense. Was the TTK that much slower in MW2?

:same: I can’t really find my groove in this game. TTK feels like it’s different when I’m shooting vs when I get killed (outside of the 725). The maps having 20 sight lines on every section don’t help either, so Shoot House is a throwback style map.

Wish they did more to make seeing enemies easier because I still have a difficult time compared to all the other games.

:corsair:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Iron Lung posted:

Shoothouse is so much loving fun and I can't stop playing it. Did they change the 725 again though? Cause I feel like there was a marked difference between playing it last night and tuesday night. Please note that I do not read patch notes, i just click on 'play' and hope for the best.

It's pretty much random now if you get a one shot kill even if you're in close, at other ranges you'll be lucky to get a kill with both shots.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Hell yeah, the regularly scheduled XIM meltdowns have arrived.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Sinten posted:

Tried playing when they removed shoot house 24/7 but I ended up playing other things. Came back after shoot house was added back in, why is this map so fun?

Because it's a 3 lane map and the only good map in the game.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

quote:

The meta for shoothouse seems to be an M4 or some sort of SMG specced for run and gunning.

You're experiencing CODMW19.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I didn't have too much trouble getting Shipment games, but I still didn't get enough out of my double XP tokens as I would have liked. Still not great they continue to tick down outside of matches.

Love to get hit markers on shipment with the 680 with range increasing mods both with and without slugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I'm almost done with it anyway, I've unlocked most of the camos too just playing shipment.