Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This plays similar to rainbow six but the 2v2 maps are not designed very well for that tac shooter bullshit. Plus no lean is brutal if you are going to be this squishy.

The guns feel good, but explosives are a bit of a joke right now. Certain pistols are OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I wonder how much the gritty tone is going to get hosed up as pressure builds for cheesy neon guns and clown suits via loot boxes.

Just do this in the battle royale and leave MP boring

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Recently they talked about that new guns will be added to the game but refused to say how. It is gonna be good when the first round of new weapons are in loot boxes again and everyone spends hundreds to get those guns because this is the best most realistic call of duty ever played.

In recent weeks they have said they want to make microtransactions more consumer friendly. Although they did say most weapon camos will be available through in game challenges or promotional events, but also want then to be "status symbols".

Luckily they said they are revealing the microtransactions and mxt system closer to launch.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 1, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is gonna be supply crates with limited time perks that let you do 2x damage or some poo poo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This seals it. I will not buy the game.

Edit: I can't ever connect to the open beta so I assume the game is still rainbow six light trash like 2v2 was.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

:ducksiren: Open Beta for all platforms has been moved up to 9/20 at 8PM CT :ducksiren:

32v32 map thing will be showcased as well.

3 platforms.
39 guns.
64 player matches.
6 to midnight.

I hope I can actually play this next time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Carecat posted:

So I can play with controller on PC and get in with all the console players instead of stuck with dead game modes? No need to get it on my PS4 Pro then.

You can get on ps4 pro to play and chat with all the cool goons who call it home

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ground war is fun.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ground war is better than all mp except cyber.

the game is a $40 to $30 buy unless you want the opportunity to gamble for the game breaking guns that drop in loot boxes before black friday

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MP spawns are somehow the worst in any CoD I have played. The matchmaking is insane too. It is based on party size and not skill? Why play with more than 2 friends if you aren't in ground war.

The guns and movement feel good, but overall MP other than Cyber feels off.

Ground war is stupid fun still. Blowing up tanks with a thermite rules.

kri kri posted:

The person meant it’s worth buying at $30, not that it’s selling there now.

Yes this. There are enough frustrating little things that make me not want to pay full price if they game released tomorrow.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 22, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol at ground war having a glitch where you can get under the map and can get a nuke immediately. The only bit of excitement I had for this game was this mode, but this is garbage.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Adaptabullshit posted:

The big PS4 exclusive is the Special Ops survival mode.

And the campaign story which is special ops into not Syria to fight white(!!!) terrorists who do a bengazi. You get to play as vilerat

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

faantastic posted:

Guns in loot boxes leaked, which means I will not touch this title :\

https://youtu.be/5dif1BNyiOA

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

From what I can tell the loot box weapons are all special “blueprints” of existing weapons with exclusive attachments (like the shotgun rewarded for reaching lvl 10 in the beta, and the digital preorder pack rifle/revolver) and not actually whole new guns like they did in Black Ops 4.

That had better be the case, at least. Still really lovely.

It will be both.

Can't wait to spend $600 on another CoD experience.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

You can use the phone you already have to play CoD Mobile, you don't have to buy another one just for it. :newlol:

Is this out? I was curious about MWs future microteansactions.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://youtu.be/QvDtlmC3Auk

At least it is a beta and they won't just shrug because cod has a history of fixing these problems.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They are specifically designed to target children and give them gambling addictions, but go off y'all.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

If it is purely the Fortnite model this is fine and good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Fortnite has one map and no other content. MP isn’t the only mode MW 19 has.

Fortnite's map changes significantly from season to season.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If it’s purely the Fortnite model then the base game should be loving free.

I agree.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Iz the game out and is the broken poo poo fixed?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I said I wasn't getting this garbage but drat if I am not tempted with the wife being out of town and everyone being excited.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I bought it. I'm disappointed in myself.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Good god specs ops is hard

loving landlords

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The user score for this game on metacritic has hundreds and hundreds of 0 out of 10 reviews whose only criticism is the games portrayal of Russians.

They are correct. The Russians are given an American war crime in this game. The Highway of Death happened during the first Persian Gulf war. Urzikstan is an amalgamation of Afgahnistan and Iraq, but paints only russia has having done the crimes. The worst that can be attributed to the American side is the butcher interrogation and that torture is done by the British.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 28, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

G1ZM0 posted:

Does Dead Silence kill the callouts?

No or your footsteps.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GD_American posted:

oh dap

guess who ain't never prestiging

There is no prestiging

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

The more I play, the more the footsteps and involuntary callouts start to grate on me, it really punishes aggressive play way too much

My favorite is when you are trying to sneak up on somebody to do a finisher and your person screams they spotted someone.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DarkDobe posted:

Going off the top of my head, I want to try break down design and mechanics that promote camping vs aggression.

~Pro camping:
Footsteps
Callouts* (rarely can give away a camper)
Claymores + Mines* (perk counter, but costs a stealth perk slot)
Silencer changes* (kinda goes both ways - gives away positioning)
Low TTK (no time to react when caught by camper)
Map design (insane amounts of vantage points to clear while advancing)
Respawns (extremely predictable)
--most of these are core system/design issues

~Pro aggression:
Snapshot grenades* (negated by popular perk)
Riot shield* (countered by explosives, easily counter-picked if successful)
Pistols and shotguns* (low ads/ttk can make up for disadvantage sometimes)
Smoke grenades
Dead silence
Recon killstreaks
--most of these are singular loadout options

Snapshot grenades tell you if someone with that perk is around. Just not an exact location.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DarkDobe posted:

How so? Genuinely curious.

When you use a snapshot grenade and someone with ghost on is within the range of it exploding, you get a little ghost icon that appears at the bottom of your screen.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DarkDobe posted:

Tell me this icon is culled out in Hardcore/Realism so I can have a giggle about it...

I have mo idea.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oden is very good and I hope fmj turns it from a 4 shot to a 3 shot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RCarr posted:

Didn’t they say they were going to put in parkour style hiding spots that were hard to get to? Are there actually any?

They did but they all have 13 different entrances and platform puzzles to get to them.

Edit: oh cool all my multiplayer challenges reset again.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 3, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

White phosphorus is really, really good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Bananana posted:

I'm enjoying cod, but sometimes ill, like, say, for instance, "Maann,, gently caress this garbage-rear end game

This is correct.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I do not enjoy kill confirmed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The oden is the best DMR in the game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

What in tarnation?!

Welcome to Blackout

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

El Jebus posted:

It's great when we've got ImpeachTrump, TrumpIsARacist, RomneyPalin2012 all in a group.

Lots of angry typed chat.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I do wonder what the price point will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I am part of the problem, but I would honest to god love to throw some cold hard cash down for some of those mythical weapon XP boosts that don't seem to exist outside of the 2 that you get from playing the campaign. I'd gladly pay like 5 bux for 5 hours or something.

Jesus lmao.

Just buy some gamer fuel and you get codes you dolt