Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

So as a free to play gamer can I customize the weapons I get in the loadout drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Manxome Foe posted:

Eh, I played it some more and it's still solidly "meh"

From another thread, makes sense:

"I thought it was neat until i realised it's rigged against people who don't want to buy or play the full version of cod

you can airdrop in one of your preset loadouts quite easily but farming the unlocks will take for-loving-ever in BR where you don't get many kills, so the people who play the meatgrinder cod modes are going to have perfect minmaxed kits on demand while F2P players have to deal with whatever garbage they find on the map"

sounds like pay 2 win 2 me

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

So it seems like there is a general CTD bug on PC version and its not just me? Got the game to play with my roommate (on PS4) and the game crashes enough to be not worth playing - runs fine until it hangs and crashes with no error. Good framerate until the crash, no signs of a problem until it just shuts.

Game and drivers (video and general system) are up to date, scanned game files for errors, etc.

i5-4570K, Nvidia GTX 960, 8gigs ram, so I should be ok to play on medium-low settings?

Do I just have to wait until its fixed?

Yeah there's a thread on reddit with 20K upvotes about CTD

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dooal3/pc_crashing_devs/

I thought it was my old card and cpu (970 and i5 4690K) overheating but the temps never exceeded their thresholds.

Turning down unlimited frame rate dropped the load by around 30% but not sure if that'll help you

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Lol are you guys blind? Did you even watch the video?

Guy was snapping to people through the tower walls, that's how he knew someone was on ground level and then took the zipline up, he was tracking them through the walls. You can even see the gun snapping to their locations when he shouldn't normally be able to see them

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

So I disabled GeForce ingame overlay and Discord ingame overlay and my FPS went up 20 FPS and the random crash to desktops without any error codes stopped happening.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

neurotech posted:

I've got the latest (last updated: 23rd March 2020) drivers.

1080p. :(

These are my current graphics settings:

Turning off discord and nvidia overlays gave me a 20 fps boost. I'm using a 970 as well.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Reminds me of the Burnout(maybe need for speed?) game where it would take a picture with your xbox camera when someone made you crash

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Prop Hunt but it's on the Warzone map.

only if I can turn into one of those drat birds I keep thinking is a sky diver

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Other program overlays have made my game CTD and each patch brings a new one

Discord Overlay
Nvidia Overlay
Xbox Overlay - NEW

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

Why do they keep moving the order of the menu tabs. Who’s job is it to put the battlepass tab third then back to second to last every month and how much do they get paid

Probably two different people working on two different forks of the game ui code lol

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Let me play as a robot again

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

pacerhimself posted:

There is an amputee operator, I think that'll have to do.

I'm surprised cod didn't get the same backlash that BFV got for having an amputee

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

Sometimes people just don't want to live anymore. This guy heard me pick up an M4 and as soon as I tapped the forward assist he apparently did a suicide-by-cop? No idea what he was thinking.

https://i.imgur.com/bAQbV1Z.mp4

One of my IRL buddies plays like that

He frequently gets lost and yells "where did you guys go" while refusing to use the map lol

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Maybe Activision added bots in like how Epic did with Fortnite

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

SBMM but its the number in your Activision ID

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Found a neat bug today where it was myself and two friends playing from the same physical location, only 2 of us were allowed to connect to his router via ethernet cable. The third person would always be disconnected from the COD servers.

We fixed it by one of us going on wifi.

Anyone know of a fix for this? Would be nice if we could all get on ethernet.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

activision frantically panicking trying to add more non-police operators in the game

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Knowing Activision they will stop season 3 and just have season 4 start later so we won't have anything for until season 4 starts

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Does anyone else sometimes seem to not get XP or battle pass gain from Ground War? Sometimes the match will finsih, final scoreboard will fade out, fade into the rank screen and it's just sitting there unmoving in silence like :geno:. Is it because I'm joining matches in the middle? Or did it actually move but just not show me?

edit: For reference it's always been like this for me, not just recently with the Bnet server trouble.

Yeah this fixes if you restart the game.

UI seems to stop updating after a couple of matches but it still records XP in the background.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

There's also no option for reporting someone on their name

its "Offensive content" which could mean what they type

or "Harassment" which could also just mean what they type

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Dramicus posted:

Do we know when season 4 is dropping? I want to get my hands on the Galil.

they are deleting the cops from the game and it's taking a while

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

skooma512 posted:

I like it because it’s not serious at all. Just W+M1 all match with music on, or try some stupid gimmick build. Nobody cares about the score because it’s just random carnage and farming

I love using akimbo renettis in that mode and hunt the player who always moans "wowwwww..." or "oh my god" every time in death mic

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

What was that about? I noticed musk had one recently and him associating with The Best Game of All Time (except Ocarina) pissed me off

Probably because there is a manufactured virus conspiracy in Deus Ex and musk was/is very against all the covid lockdowns

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Why do I have the cowboy hat D Day skin? I never bought it. Was it a battle pass reward and I just didn’t notice?

yes

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

codo27 posted:

What is it with the teddy bears? There's one on the roof of train station near the very end on the prom West end that's kinda hidden. I'm sure I've seen another somewhere too

There's one on the top of the building in quarry or the sawmill area that shows up on thermal that get's me every time

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

nThere is a gulag you can enter from a big pipe on the side of the prison. But that is not where gulag fights place. There are actually multiple gulags under the map in different but spread out locations.

We once got a bounty on someone who appeared to be on the edge of east side of the map around farm town. We UAVed and it showed he was under us but we were in the hills.

Might've been in a bunker?

Can you get bounties on people in gulags?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Black Ops was right, we live in a false reality prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Gonna lol if they make Reagan out to be a good guy