Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Just gotta vent a little bit, but is the matchmaking in this game the worst? If I play by myself, I only seem to end up in sweaty tryhard lobbies where I get my rear end handed; but if I play with my more "casual" irl buddies, we end up in a game where I can pluck kills like overripe fruits. There seems to be no inbetween these two extremes, and I'm getting a bit tired of getting noscoped when I just want to chillout and my friends are not available. Is there any way to "skew" the matchmaking? Mainly playing plunder on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
With regards to matchmaking again, I'm also wondering if it's tied to your XP; I'm more of an objective player than a killing machine, so I end up with a decent score despite the many deaths I die. Therefore the game thinks I should be with all the high kdr players.

That, and I guess it's also just statistics: if you're a goon that has been playing FPS for decades, you're better than 90% of the playerbase (the bot-like pubbies), so of course you're gonna end up at the part of the bell curve where all the tryhards are, only that they have better reflexes and can put in more hours than you.

I guess I'm just longing for the ~good ole days~ where you had to find a server by yourself, and the pubbies you encountered were a lot more random. Guess that's not where the money is :shrug:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

SubponticatePoster posted:

Pretty sure you can do these in the lobby before a game. Snag a car, run over afk people of which there are many. I don't even bother trying to shoot people in the lobby any more, just grab a car/truck/heli and go to town.

Just tried this, it does not work. While weapon kills count in the lobby, vehicle kills do not. You'll just have to dick around in Plunder I guess :v:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Hello Spaceman posted:

Thanks, this helps. I'm down for SP fun but I'll wait until it's €15 - probably after Treyarch releases their 2020 game. Core multi has been fun in short bursts, during the free weekends, and I'm not into the grinding for guns scene.

As far as I remember the CoD games are hardly, if ever discounted this much. They are still selling Blops 2 at full price (60€) on Steam, even though it came out in 2012. Lowest I've seen it was 30€ on Steam sale. You may find better prices elsewhere, but it seems people are still happily buying it at high markup so they have no incentive to lower the price :shrug:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
So I just played some WZ on PC and so far this feels... underwhelming? Ok we get 2 new guns aswell as 2 new operators, but the map is still the same and there doesn't seem to be any balancing changes either. And that new TDM mode is just a boring snipefest, since there is no incentive to push and the maps are all open ground. Don't know why that patch is 40 gigs :v:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
It seems the WZ warmup invulnerability extends to the last ~30 seconds instead of the last 10 seconds, which would explain the every so odd kill. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Also, Rumble really needs an incentive for players to move around instead of hanging back and sniping. Ok it's cool for grinding out longshots etc. but that's just work basically :v:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Yeah I'm on of the free players :v:

On the other hand, if it keeps the bush wookies out of regular WZ, that might be a good thing :shrug:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

tjones posted:

You'll be glad to know they're adding it back Thursday:

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1272954110694903808

Thank gently caress. Rumble is a boring snipefest (I still don't get why some people basically want to play a glorified minesweeper in their 60$ game on their 2000$ rigs) and I don't like BR. I want my dad mode back!

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

i guess calling it rumble was better marketing than calling it "concentration camp for glints"

I get that, but why remove the one good gamemode that is plunder?

I guess the answer is "money" :shrug:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Dramicus posted:

I would also add no ads while dropping to prone. Obviously ads during prone is fine, but not during the transition.

Yeah I noticed a lot of people suddenly go prone in the middle of a firefight (that's called dolphindiving right?). Did some streamers recommend this tactic? Anyways I don't mind, makes them easier targets :D

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Jesus f-ing christ I really wish for snipers to be nerfed to the ground in this game... Give it more sway, more bullet drop, more recoil, more ADS time, more delay between scoping and firing. It's just such a cheesy way to farm kills in this game.
Of course, they'll never do it because some people want to play minesweeper in their 60$ game on their 2000$ PC, and streamers gotta make some ~sick_noscopes~for the kiddies out there :rolleyes:
Sorry, had to vent because the matchmaking won't let me play my chill plunder games today :reject:

Chikimiki fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jun 27, 2020

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
It's not that there are no countermeasures to snipers, it should just be a lot harder in my opinion.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Played a bit of plunder, new supply run contracts are in and almost everywhere. Seems like they increased the number of bounty hunter contracts as well.
Also, I'm seeing a lot more killstreaks dropping, and lots of cash ballons. Could be just me though.

Statutory Ape posted:

i think they added a handy lil icon to remind me which controll scheme im using?

or i was blind until today :shrug:

Nah that was always there.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Although I hated playing it, I've gotta admit that Rumble was quite good at keeping the quickscopers out of WZ and Plunder. Its absence is definitely noticable :v:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

priznat posted:

Man Plunder is filled with snipers now who will one shot you with no warning, it never used to be this bad. Really not fun anymore.

Yeah seems like Rumble was really good at containing them. The fact that they added a new one and buffed the other two did not help either I guess.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

priznat posted:

Ohhh yeah that's the best reason to keep rumble!! I haven't been shot by the rytec or whatever yet but a lot of hdrs and AX-50s. I got shot in a building through a wall and I have no idea how they could have known where I was apart from cheats too. Headshot one shot, boom. It didn't give me a killcam to report or anything either, sucked.

It really sucks, plunder was slow dad mode :( now I got nothin.

Hence my request for snipers to be nerfed into the ground: more sway, more bullet drop, more recoil, higher ADS time, more delay between scoping and firing, etc. Will never happen, because people LOVE cheesy sniping for some reason, but this would really be my dream.

In the meantime, the best countersniper is the RPG, preferably when parachuting above a hill wookie :getin:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I can't stand getting sniped in WZ as much as the next guy, but ultimately most of the time if you get sniped out of nowhere, your buddies just get you back up and you move to a better space. If someone is able to snipe and execute you, they had the drop on you and it is what it is. It's annoying in the same way getting blasted at point blank in multiplayer is. It's an irritating way to go but it's just things functioning like they should.

WZ has a lot of balance issues but I don't feel like sniping is one of them. I think knocking people off of the high ground should be made easier though. Whether it's via making cluster bombs and air strikes better or whatever.

I said it a while back and stand by it, but I think the absolute coolest thing they could add to Warzone would be a grappling hook tactical so you could silently scale large buildings to take out roof campers without slowly sneaking up 20 flights of stairs.

Not saying they don't have their uses, but they should be a lot more challenging. Right now you can just click heads across the map without much thought; and while I agree that having the drop on someone is normal gameplay, you should have at least have a change to fight back, which is not possible if the first shot is an insta-down.

That being said, ARs should also be a bit more challenging to use than the lasers guns they currently are.

I also agree with your other comments on having better countermeasures :)

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

priznat posted:

The nade launcher is funny because it doesn’t detonate just breaks the armor if you shoot it at someone too close.

It can also one-shot someone if he is close and doesn't have any armour. Happened once for me, twas very delightful.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Why are the fun modes like Juggernaut BR and Stimulus so limited in time :( Of course, stuff like Rumble would be on for weeks :psyduck:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

Well that's the thing, if someone understands how to use the hacks well, you'll never be able to tell. The guy in the video I posted last is a good example: he doesn't activate his aim-bot unless he's in a do-or-die scenario. He most likely has it bound to Alt, which would explain why he started tracking someone through a wall on stream when he said he was alt+tabbing. If you watch him stream he never activates it when he's shooting at people at long range or when he's shooting at unaware people. And there's a massive difference in how good his recoil control is in those scenarios compared to when the other guy is shooting back. The VOD is a perfect example of that: when the other guy burst through the door in front of him he knew it was a risky situation so he hammered his alt key, but there happened to be another player he couldn't see behind the wall he was aiming at when he activated the aim bot. So he's compensating to get on the target he thought he was locking on to, but the aim-bot is pulling him to the target he (un-knowingly) locked it to. It's the exact same thing that got him called out last time. It's super subtle. You'd never really register it on a death-cam. Really the only reason he got caught again is because now people watch him just to clip his bullshit.

Isn't streaming while using an aimbot the most stupid thing ever? I mean if there's a chance someone catches you hacking it increases hugely if you have hundreds of people watching your screen :psyduck:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Did they stealth nerf the RPG? Seems I can't kill people in shot anymore as before

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
I've been seeing a lot of people running the kar98, did it get a buff? Or did a youtuber recommend it?

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

75% of my games are completely silent, 20% are someone whos mic is open and just making noises so you mute it, and 5% have people actually talking.

Are you in Europe? I feel the whole trash talking is more of an American thing, worst I get here is some German yelling :v:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Sammus posted:

Plunder is just chill as gently caress dad mode, so I'm cool with longer matches. I rarely play it, but I think it might be the greatest idea to ever be implemented into the overarching battle royale genre.

Indeed, I would love to see it in Apex Legends for example because I like the gameplay but not the BR game mode.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Managing to turn a simple article into 11 minutes of rambling poo poo.

Welcome to YouTube! The longer your videos, the more money you get, as long as people watch a good part of it. So everything gets stretched, filled and padded as much as possible :v:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Apparently so! Also, the game crashes after every match for me on PC :v:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Shockeh posted:

Once it's fixed, I gotta say, I really, really like the AS VAL as an AR in general. It's just got a nice feel to it, it's lightning quick ADS and a good time to down someone.

Yeah it actually has a really good niche as a SMG/AR hybrid (if it's fixed).

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Silly question why do people sometimes buy two loadouts in warzone? Do perks stack or is it for getting two primaries?

2 primaries without needing the overkill perk, this lets you use the ghost perk instead to stay off the radar.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
For assault rifles in WZ, the current meta is to go with either the kilo, the m4, the grau, the m13, the ram or the amax. Either of these is equally viable, it just comes down to preference. Attachments should be longest barrel and monolithic suppressor for extra range and silencing, biggest mag (except the 100 on the kilo, go one lower) for more bullets, tac laser for faster aim down sight speed and commando or Merc foregrip for better recoil.

As for snipers, I only know that current favorite is the ax50, followed by the spr for shorter ranges, but I don't snipe much so can't really give you more advice. For me, the best sniper is the RPG :v:

Chikimiki fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 15, 2020

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

Fun & Still OK Off Meta:
SA87
AMAX
AMAX DMR Conversion
Integrated Silencer & Lapua Ammo SPR208
ASVAL
.41 AE Uzi
Max-Hipfire MP7 (short barrel/5mw/no-stock/merc grip/60rd or mono)
Dragon's Breath R-90
Adverse Barrel FINN

This is a good post! I'd also add the Bruen to this list, which is still great despite the nerf. Another fun one to try is the Oden with colossus suppressor, or the M13 with black ops rounds: no tracers means you can ninja people easily :getin:
I've also seen the FAL being recommended a lot, but it never clicked for me :shrug:

lite_sleepr posted:

How do you have your SA87 loadout?

Uh... asking for a friend who is kitting out an SA87 and burning double XP tokens for it.

The one I've been using and is working rather well is based on the "cover of the night" blueprint for the better ironsights. Then add monolithic, tac laser, cqb stock, Merc foregrip and 60 round mag.
Base range is quite good already on this gun, so no need for a longer barrel, however aim down sight speed is very bad so you need the tac laser and the cqb stock to compensate for it.

Chikimiki fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 15, 2020

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
I watched jackfrag's let's play of Cold War and thus saved 60 bucks for 3 hours of entertainment :v:

Also, everyone is indeed waiting for season 7/cold war integration, nothing quite new in the meantime.

lite_sleepr posted:

What's the word on the M4? Still good?

What's the GOON APPROVED SPR loadout?

Yes M4 still good, it's the old reliable of Warzone.

SPR I wouldn't know (I don't snipe) but usually the loadouts from xclusiveace are pretty good (I think longest barrel, monolithic, tac laser, feather bolt and 7x scope).

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

Did they do another season yet

December 10th it seems :shrug:

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

they should add every single american president as an operator to warzone

Tactical Abe Lincoln

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
I prefer bunny-hopping with ads to sniper wonderland tbh

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I've unlocked the Fennec and the Grau.

Now that I have 45 round mags for the Fennec, I love it. The unlocks are making it a beast.

Only got the Grau tonight, but wasn't knocked off my feet. What's the groupthink on that Assault Rifle?

Grau used to be THE meta weapon in WZ, while it wasn't the punchiest it was laser accurate and the good iron sights (especially on the Archangel barrel) freed up one attachment slot. As far as I recall they nerfed it slightly but it remains in the top tier for WZ, though I wouldn't know about MW or CW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
It doesn't even look different in-game :v:
I'm kinda glad I stopped playing when CW came out. It was already a mess then, but had at least some sense of balance, whereas now it just seems to be an even worse clusterfuck.