Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like that new solo mode because I am always too scared to hit a purchase station to buy stuff (or just forget anyway).

Except parachuting in right before the respawn window closes into a small ring full of geared up camping solos can be a bit of a problem, I discovered :haw:

I was serpentining like a motherfucker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Dumb question: are perks only in effect when you pickup a loadout or are there some default ones?

Also is it worth getting the full game if I really enjoy warzone? Is it good for improving in warzone just playing thru the campaign or not really? Never been a fan of CoD campaigns tbh.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

mrking posted:

You only get perks in warzone if you get your loadout from a crate. The campaign is okay, and the multiplayer is pretty good for leveling guns, and gunfights are actually a lot of fun but I don't think I'd buy it if I had it to do over and warzone was already out.

Good info, thanks! I may just get the battlepass instead because I want some new skinzzzz hah. Luv 2 play dressup!

Although I use Domino already who is pretty boss.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I would like perks to not be a part of loadouts but perhaps you can pay to respec them at a station.

I find I like just playing with guns I pickup anyway, mostly because I don’t have a lot of attachments to make good loadouts anyway.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

How did I not know there was a horn for vehicles key (Q), drat it amuses me too much to zoom around giving the occasional saucy beep.

I drove the heavy truck all the way across some airport tarmac towards a hanger with a team busy looting while honking ferociously and I still managed to run one of them over, it owned.

The other two set my truck on fire then gunned me down but totally worth it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

won't anyone think of the snipers?!?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

It’s probably my dogshit eyes and TV from 2008 that I sit too far from but I have a hard time seeing a lot of things. It doesn’t help that all the models blend into the world like fuckin chameleons.

This is why I support wearing the gaudiest skins possible like the track suit guy.

I don’t because I only have the base free ones unlocked and also I need any advantage possible!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’m a LMG stan and I just recently tried the SA87 for the heck of it and it kind of owns. Basically just a big AR. There’s probably no reason to use it over an M4 but I like it, I cannot explain.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

GyverMac posted:

I'm glad to hear this, because I'm golding the LMG's and I was not looking forward to that one, on account of it being nigh useless at release. Maybe they buffed since last time I tried.

I’m by no means that great and I usually run with LMGs (M91 mostly, I have given up attempting to get the Bruen I don’t play enough) and I read on Rock Paper Shotgun that it was quite good so I gave it a chance. Highest damage LMG and great range along with fastest reloads due to magazines makes it quite decent!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/04/20/warzone-guns-weapon-stats-season-3-best-guns-in-call-of-duty-warzone/#lmgs

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Would making it more difficult get people to buy cosmetic stuff or would they just quit out of frustration?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gorgeous Mohammad posted:

I'm a big SA87 fan too, it feels kind of like a better Oden I guess. The MG91, Bruen and MG34 are also alot of fun to experiment with. The Holger is really the only LMG I've found to be irredeemable.

I found the MG34 pickups I have tried to be too wild for me, probably best in closer situations where you treat it like a gigantic SMG :haw:

Once I unlock 50+ round mags on the SA87 it’ll be perfect!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I like plunder mode being a freebie for us too, it’s fun and I don’t miss the drat gulag which I am always terrible at unless it gives me c4 :getin:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

I found the gold shield one of the easiest to get and after the m91 and rpg it was my third one I think.

People are comically inept at fighting against it

In fact I heartily recommend pairing it with just an RPG and throwing knife

In WZ last night some guy crept up on my squad with a shield and it was frankly pretty hilarious. It’s just weird to have some guy pushing you around like a bulldozer. After the initial laughter we killed him fairly easily though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

i am a fan of the slow, inexorable crouch walk. im pretty good at determining the moment that the other player decides to try and be smart and just tossing my throwing knife as they stand broadside in front of me lmao

Probably trying to solo 3 players like this guy was is not usually a winning strategy :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

God I love blowing up whole teams in a vehicle with a launcher in warzone

I found just locking on with the JOKR to most helicopters will make the team just bail out :haw:

But stealth launching an RPG into one is even more satisfying.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Is that other launcher, the Carl Gustav analog, any good? I have never used it and never see it whereas I see RPGs, PILAs and JOKRs all over

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I bought the battlepass and enjoy disturbing my teammates with shirtless tatted sergey with the nipple eyes

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Yeah speaking of that. I installed Warzone first which is like 90 gigs. Got the full game thinking it'd just unlock; but it's like another 90 gigs?? The whole game is almost 200 gigs is that right?

Holy moly yeah I had been thinking about buying MW now that it is 25% off and assumed it would just unlock too, that’s nuts.

The game size won’t dissuade me I have the room and bandwidth to get it but that’s still pretty nutty.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Playing Warzone with friends is so much better to just shoot the poo poo when out of the action.

Also having a friend spectating the Gulag and telling you where the opponent is is great :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Time to level and pimp out an uzi to live out my 80s action movie fantasies I suppose.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Anyone have any good WZ solos tips? Seems like most folks hunker down in buildings until forced to move. HB sensor/C4/RPG probably fairly handy in those situations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rock My Socks! posted:

yes its terrible

if you want to play a battlefield game, buy a battlefield game imo

Sadly the last great battlefield game was 4, or possibly 1 if you want that old timey feel.

BFV sucks so bad I hate it

At least 4 will be cheap though

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm not good at BRs but my strategy has evolved into skirting around just outside the safe zone and coming in and I usually make it into the top quarter or so with a few decent clean up kills getting people running across open terrain etc.

Turtling may be effective in scoring some cheap kills but I just get too bored so don't do that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I rarely play solo, but when I do I've generally done pretty well by always landing downtown and going for objectives constantly. Most of the biggest campers seem to go for those little 2 story buildings at places like the farm, and downtown is so big you'll get a ton of money and run into fights on the street which keeps it interesting. By the time you have to leave you should be loaded up with a loadout and revive etc. Def use a HB sensor. You can avoid the high roof campers pretty easily by just sticking near walls and indoors and only going into the street to cross.

That's a great idea, usually I avoid downtown in squad games but I can see how solos would make it a lot more doable. The 2 storeys do seem to be the favourite camp spots for most. I will try that for my battlepass grindin'! :haw:

Also same about winning, I haven't won a warzone match yet and it's not really my goal, I'd rather do what is fun. (for me, winning the match is fun for lots of folks)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Had a pretty good solo game but woof when you do get killed and get dropped back in to a smaller ring you gotta get drat lucky otherwise you won't last too long with a pistol. At least with squads you can hopefully drop on your buds who can either toss you a gun or cover you.

If you're playing regular CoD it levels up your guns there too right? Just the only thing unaffected is the battlepass?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I only want pure aggression in WZ. I'd rather roll the dice at a hot drop where at worst the game ends early, than sit around waiting for poo poo to happen for 15 minutes and getting sniped from a tower with nothing to show for it. I like landing at boneyard cause either you walk out of there with 5 kills or the game ends almost immediately. And there is plenty of low ground cover so I don't worry much about roofs.

Also if I get a couple of kills right off the bat I usually get amped up and way more confident, and play better for the rest of the round.

Drop hot, grab every objective, stay moving. That's the fun way to play imo.

:agreed: that is fun. Grabbing up the contracts is great too, it's a cool way to get some cash and have something to work towards.

Also are there any hotkeys for buying stuff from the store I always feel like it takes way too long using the mouse.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

fart store posted:

they managed to make a CoD where the campaign is somehow more infuriating than getting called the n-word by preteens in multiplayer

The edgy nature of CoD campaigns dating from “no russian” is a big reason why I don’t have a lot of interest in playing their campaigns.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I usually am terrible with things like throwing knives but have been getting some filthy kills with them in warzone, it rules.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I am levelling the uzi in warzone and it is really good. Or maybe I’m just getting better, but I get a lot of longshot kills with it and the 13” barrel.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love the slidey crouch but then I came from playing apex legends :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’m a BF refugee too and I find Warzone has a lot of awesome BF moments usually involving crazy stunts on vehicles.

I just learned you can wheelie the ATV with shift key, which rules.

I bought full MW, what’s the best MP mode for gun levelling? I was playing some coop but it seems it gives like 1/10th xp for kills (although you get a LOT) and it takes forever to level stuff.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Are any smgs bad? They’re all pretty good I find.

I am having no luck trying to unlock the Bruen. I absolutely have gotten a lot of LMG kills around/in smoke easily more than 3 in a round and not seeing any show up. Am I doing something wrong? I take the SA87 with the thermal scope, toss a smoke and get some kills.

I just recently cranked my FOV to 120deg and used the nvidia experience tool to tune to more performance and wow at a steady 80-90fps on the ultrawide it seems like you’re running at full tilt at all times.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I just played a free for all with the double barrel and it was very effective, I want to unlock the super short barrels I saw on one dude’s loadout.

Also is Search and destroy a trash mode or was I just unlucky, over like 3 games we got curbstomped so badly by an obviously coordinated team. Also we were 2 players down so it was 4 v 6 wtf

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Putting a green laser on my hipfire uzi is not a problem because I haul rear end tac sprinting everywhere and crouch slide while shooting dudes :hellyeah:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

What does "lowered ammo count for reload warning on LMGs" mean?

My guess was it flashes the “reload” prompt now when you have less rounds remaining than before. Like going from 10% left to 5% or whatever

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wanna run around with that nuke with a 5mW laser on it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

Same but I want to melee people with it

Thrown nuke final kill of the match cam! *blinding white flash after impact*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

For a scrub like myself unlocking the grau looks kinda hard.. 5 kills in a minute? I dunno man.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

JacksLibido posted:

Shipmet with a shotgun and a grenade of your choice.

If you're on free Warzone, then just play the bloodmoney and drop on super busy areas.

Is there a way to just play shipment? I did not see a map select option in the quick play filtering :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think it was one of the soldier of fortune games that I developed my "just run nonstop with a shotgun ready to hipfire into someone" and it was very effective then and now. The Uzi is a mad beast for hipfiring but I keep making it difficult on myself getting missions or levelling guns I normally don't care about just because.