Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I wish this game gave more XP for downing enemies in WZ. Trying to do recons and kill people as a solo in plunder just means I down one enemy and his death squad teammates finish me off before I can thirst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Kill a downed player before killing the rest of the team

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

You get XP per down, and XP per elimination... but why don't you just squad fill, get friends, or play BR Solos if you don't want to be outnumbered? I don't think they're going to make any nerfs to teamwork in a squad game any time soon.

I don’t have any real issue, but I wanted to gripe after an annoying match trying to get some kills with a stock Grau. Leveling guns in warzone only is a frustrating process. I know the obvious answer is to pony up $60 for multiplayer, but I’m holding out for now.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The Kar98 might not be the best gun to use in WZ, but its fun to use with a scout scope to initiate fights. My buddy and I noticed a marked decrease in enemies noticing us when we both ran scout scopes instead of sniper scopes.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

DaddyBigBucks posted:

Warzone rumble is a lot of fun, I climbed one of the radio towers and sat up there sniping the entire game. This coming from someone who hates sniping. With proper field upgrades you never have to leave your spot.

I was trying to countersnipe with a Kar, and you get about .2 seconds in the open before one of the 20 enemy snipers gets you.

But there’s a lot more time to shoot after flanking behind the enemy team and finding where the snipers are camped facing away from you :kheldragar:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

The new 50v50 mode hits different than Ground War. I think the fact that there's no pretense of flags so you can just have your bush wookiee snipefest combined with no killstreaks makes it feel less frustrating because it's not trying to be Battlefield, But Bad.

Also it's accessable to ftp'ers, right? Should make for a good way to give them a more even chance to grind up weapons for loadouts.

Yeah I’m ftp and very much appreciate the chance to grind up different guns for better attachments.

I don’t appreciate the stark reminder that Father Time always wins and the fast-twitch team deathmatch gun skills I had in the OG COD4 and MW2 days have atrophied to nothing, but it’s worth it to work up other guns to something I’ll actually pick up from a loadout drop.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Imagine what Rumble would be like without sniper glint.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Free multiplayer weekend is a good reminder that guns other than the Grau/M4/MP5/M13 exist. Also, I did not fully anticipate how much I relied on enemies showing up on the minimap when firing unsuppressed guns to inform my play style. I’m now that idiot running around aimlessly or camping in a random corner to get a kill.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

No flags, it's just TDM to a score of 400.

Played one earlier and went 24 and 0 sniping. It's me, I'm the problem.

How. I can manage a 1:1 ratio with a full-on sniper, but the glint eventually gives me away. Maybe I’ll blame having to play with my tv and game on max brightness to counteract a hosed tv, which washes everything out.

I enjoy the mini-TDM that pops up on the flanks of warzone games. Usually only a handful of people on each team hang out on the super wide outskirts of the map, so they turn into cat and mouse games of revenge.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Been leveling up the PKM for fun because I think a squad member with an LMG and 200 round mags is always a good idea in warzone.

In MP playlists I’ve found that I’ll die a bunch to SMGs and ARs while running to a good spot because the gun is incredibly slow to handle, but once I get to a good shooting lane and mount up the PKM becomes a vengeful angel of death mowing down anyone foolish enough to step into the open.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

After spending a chunk of time leveling a bad Kar in warzone, they went and added a floor loot version that has the attachments I was grinding for :mad:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The frozen lake/plane crash map is the snipiest of all the rumble maps. Absolutely no cover. I like storage town the best because close range fights are viable with the reasonable cover from snipers.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It won’t win against any aspiring streamers with full kits, but my buddy and I had tons of fun running a riot shield + PKM combo in warzone duos and looking for open area fights. It’s like the riot shield is a bug light - everyone shoots at my friend as he crouch walks towards them and ignores me until my PKM is fully aimed in and sending 200 rounds their way. By the time I get downed my friend is up close and can usually clean up with stuns + CQC guns.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The pings

Why are they so bad

Why does the game ping a pistol in the bottom left of my screen instead of the team I’m about to shoot at

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

There must be a switch that flips around 12:30am and turns warzone lobbies insanely aggressive. My friend insists on picking an overkill class on the first loadout, which works until there are multiple teams driving around UAV hunting with gold graus.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Free kills coming to you is pretty nice.

It’s great until their trophy system eats my C4 and my old man hands can’t outaim these darn youths :argh:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I ran an okay-but-not-max-spec’d kilo in warzone for a few games. I did okay, but only with good positioning and surprising other players. A 60 round grau really is playing the game on easy mode.

My favorite warzone trick is when my teammate lures an enemy team into a hallway where I’m posted up on a deployable cover and 200 PKM rounds ready to go :3:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A random squad fill teammate just learned the hard way that if you run off and die, lose your gulag, and subsequently ping buy stations while we are clearly short the $4.5k and doing a contract to get cash, my friend and I are petty enough to drop the cash at the buy station, spray paint a heart, and quit the game.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I love their use of meat tenderizers on the front of guns. Very forward thinking.

If all guns had meat tenderizers i would be more understanding of why gun melee is so powerful.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Nash posted:

If I’m the only person on of my friends I play solo plunder and just run as many supply runs as I can. On a double xp weekend it’s fun to turbo level new guns.

I want to level up other guns, but I can’t spend time away from my 200 round PKM. Enemies don’t seem to grasp that the usual “peek out of cover after a couple seconds because he’ll need to reload” strategy doesn’t apply when there’s 200 rounds to burn and I will not stop shooting until I kill you or my teammate is in position to shoot you from the side.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Nash posted:

Monolithic suppressor, 26.9 extended barrel., 200 round belt, snatch grip and solozero NVG enhanced are what I run now.

The optic I switch around here and there but always come back to this one. The snatch grip is what I went to from the commando foregrip and it feels a bit better to me.

:whatup: same class here, but with the VLK as an optic. It is slow and I won’t win ADS battles, but it destroys with good positioning.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I believe you also get a full magazine when you pickup a loadout, so a late game respawn drop on a loadout gets you 200 rounds without using a gun slot on fully loaded.

When unlocking the bruen, do you have to be near smoke or do enemies have to be near smoke? I’m wondering if I should make a class for sneaking behind snipers and throwing a smoke down on rumble.

Democratic Pirate fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 20, 2020

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Watching M+K players shred with the FAL and trying to emulate them on a controller was a mistake.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The amount of personal updates I get from
my friends has tanked ever since Apex and Warzone took over our gaming schedules. In normal multiplayer it’s fine to bullshit and chat about random stuff, but unless we drop on the edge of the map and loot for 15 minutes we get no time for anything besides callouts and strategy in warzone.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Are there any good/cheap Xbox headphones? Trying to play with tv speakers is getting untenable especially when I’m playing during lunch hours and my wife is trying to be professional on a conference call

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

They've been completely silent since April and the first thing they say about it amouts to "please don't cheat" lmao

I'm a firm proponent of "you probably weren't killed by a cheater" but god drat it's gotten out of hand recently. I've never played a game where cheating was this rampant. It's very clear they have completely lost control of the issue and they would have been better off just not saying anything until they had like.... anything to actually contribute

I’m on Xbox and got my first two blatant aimbots this past week. The only consolation was that one of them died because an aimbot can’t help bad positioning.

I wish they’d enable console crossplay only. It’s worthwhile to trade a longer search time for less cheaters and M+K players.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Love to breach and clear the room where our bounty is cowering, only for the bounty to transfer to the gulag with them when they died and telling us we failed the mission.

On the opposite end, I was able to pick up my loadout, die, and get a second loadout from the same drop after I respawned. Lots of bugs in the game today.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

If the crate hasn't been activated by the whole team and despawned, it can be used again, so that's working as intended I think.

This was in duos and we got 3 uses out of it. My teammate was dead the first time I picked up the loadout, so maybe the team counter reset when I died.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Legendary MP5 has the 3x VLK and the legendary fennec has 25 round mags. I’ll drop either for a green MP7 the first chance I get.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

JFC posted:

Working on mission objectives, operator mission objectives, and ribbon objectives all at the same time has me running some mongrel loadouts. I ran an AK-47 with no stock, under-barrel shotgun, 1mW laser, drum magazine, & reflex optic, a druganov as a secondary (going for headshots), Wyatt & Mil-Sim as the operators, c4, trophy system, UAV, and tracker just so I could satisfy 13 separate objectives at once. Anyone else do poo poo like this or just me?

I couldn’t tell you how to get to the menu to even check on objectives, but I do run Wyatt in warzone because the way he says “ah, scratch my last” on a cancelled ping sounds a lot like “ah scratch my rear end” and it makes me giggle.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

These free multiplayer modes are rough. I just want 200 sniper kills so I can use a nicer reticle on my Warzone HDR, stop giving me Grind on Shipment. The games go so fast.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

RYYSZLA posted:

Why the gently caress do people poo poo on the fast, small, action packed maps like livestock, shipment, rust, shoothouse etc when it's a loving fact that every single "slightly larger than small" or bigger map is loving actual dogshit trash in this game?

This MW would be the best one since the original almighty CoD4 if every map was as fun as crash is on 12 v 12, or shipment 6 v 6.... basically lobby size correlating with map size. For the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't make all the other maps like, a fraction of their sizes.

Give me Pipeline from the original COD4 and let me live in the underground tunnels with a shotgun like the sewer rat I am.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The block of buildings with the police station in between Riverside and TV Station on the river road is extremely cursed for my squad. I don’t know why we always get squad wiped there, but it’s our least favorite area on the map by far.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The blue origin drop isn’t bad. And by “isn’t bad” I mean I got pushed by a duo after they cracked my shields and easily gunned them down in a hail of buckshot.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Apparently Warzone’s behind the scenes mmr calculator will weight “won his last Duos match” above “hasn’t played in two weeks.”

My buddy and I just got absolutely annihilated while trying to shake off the rust of an extended break. Every game had multiple roaming bounty hunters who got their MP5s and trophy system cars before the first circle closed. Normally the weekday lunch lobbies are much more fun :(

On a side note, the sights on the grey AUG are absolute garbage. It has 5 posts that all look the same.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Well my MMR was sufficiently lowered from yesterday and my friend just won a game for us because he had a 150 round mag PKM and the final circle was in an open field. It was the perfect PKM situation to mow down the remaining 4 enemies :3:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Hardhat was a great map, especially the downstairs route to run between buildings without being sniped that empties into the back of each spawn. Even enemies that caught on the the strategy couldn’t withstand the damage output of the SPAS 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I’m glad clips of the Strela made it onto enough social media that I saw it and gave it a shot in WZ. I love blowing up vehicles with the RPG, but this is a whole different level. I’m deleting cars and helicopters with no warning on their end.

There’s no better feeling than getting hunted by a sweaty helicopter team and bopping them out of the sky when they fly up :3: