Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
So I made the mistake of learning that camo unlocks are challenges, and my broken brain is addicted to filling bars. Quickly gold'ed a couple of the guns I had been using in different classes and then decided to look down the road a little bit. While it is taking me absolutely forever to find enough ground kill streaks to even gold my first launcher, using a launcher secondary is actually getting me to play in a new style that I kind of like.

But the melee weapons. Specifically the Riot Shield, is crushing my will to keep playing. I have to somehow get 3x kills in a life 25 times with this thing, and it is miserable. Google is not being very helpful, but does anyone know if kills with lethals while you have the riot shield out count? I can pretty reliably boop two people in the face without dying, but then someone will come along with a thermite.

Also while on the subject, I wish I would get credit for people suicideing with C4 and thermite, its a hilariously high number of my deaths while riot shielding that the guy who threw something at me kills himself and or a teammate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

For riot shield play in HC

Am, should have mentioned that. I pretty much only play in HC.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Thanks for the tip about personal radars, gold PILA here I come.

I got in one round of drop zone, and yeah it would also be great for ground kill streaks game was nuts.

I have so many other guns to gold I will just save the shield for HQ and shipment, once they bring back a 24/7 shipment I will bang it out.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
I’m phone posting or I would have quoted it.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Welp, I buckled down and did it. I guess I’m good at riot shield all of a sudden. It feels, dirty.

The 3 streak challenge was hard AF. It’s just a grind from here.