Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I was late to the party with this and hope the Mara operator will be available in a forthcoming pack.

The campaign was really well produced with great setpieces, but absolute political and narrative nonsense, so a Modern Warfare campaign.

In multiplayer, my old man reflexes were eating poo poo for a while while I tried to find a loadout that worked for me, then I pre-ordered the MW2 remaster and found with a few changes (added the whatever they call the Eotech with the 3x flip up magnifier, just like my IRL rifle) the M4 bonus rifle from the preorder pack is working for me. Just an all-ranges laser, only real downside is on full dakka it burns through the 30 round mag quick so I might have to compromise something like the muzzle break to add a 50 round mag.

I actually prefer the smaller modes to the battle royale. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I should look at the OP closer to see how to play with goons, provided ya'll don't mind an old man who's a little slow on the LMB. Then again we all gotta be at least pushing fuckin' 40 on this dying forum.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

lol Rolling into the mosh pit mode with an rpg7 and pkm just unloading indiscriminately is probably how I'm going to spend my weekend getting my pass levels up. What a dumb mode but weirdly satisfying for just nonstop mayhem.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Spend your weekend on moshpit modes like container with an LMG and a launcher. Unironically just equip the highest capacity box you have and walk around spraying and ADS advancing firing constantly at head level and tracking anyone who walks around a corner into your sights.

It's stupid and you'll experience ups and downs whether a guy spawns behind you or you happen to start out flanking three guys you can shoot through, but it's your best bet to grind your battlepass as hard as possible before the season ends. Use your tokens, IINM they will stack with the double XP.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah I've done that on a couple maps.

They should really just make it an obvious physical barrier, it's kinda stupid.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

please stop dicing us up its just the warm up round for gods sake

hahaha rotors go wrrr!

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 2, 2020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

prom candy posted:

What do you get from the battlepass that makes it worth doing this instead of playing for fun?

This was in response to someone who made the arguable mistake of buying the battlepass with a week left in the season, if they wanted to max out unlocks.

I assume that you can get plenty of value out of it just playing normally if you get it at the start.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

codo27 posted:

I just want to live long enough to some day figure out why someone would want, in a loving video game, to declare to all other players "look at me. I am garbage! I'm aware of this, so I will cheat to frustrate you out of your casual pastime"

Not condoning it, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the prevalence of cheater mentality is fueled by the increasing Skinner Boxification of gaming making some aspects a chore or an obligatory grind to get your "daily quests" or whatever done. I need to grind XP to level my guy, and my gun, so I can unlock all the perks and attachments. Maybe this cheat will let me do that quicker and easier, and then I "promise" once I'm max level with everything unlocked I'll play fair again.

Then again people were rampantly cheating back in the days of Counterstrike 1.6, so there's always been a healthy dose of just being an rear end in a top hat for its own sake, too.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Hey check your store when you log in, I just got a free 10 level battlepass bump. Might well be able to max out over the weekend if I buckle down and put in the hours clicking on heads.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I hate the one that locks me into tunnel vision aiming down sights and I forget to check those doors and corners and get delivered a pride obliterating finishing move.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah I'm on PC and most of my lobbies are like 90% nipple batarangs (sometimes I am even the only K+M in the lobby) and it makes me wonder if the PC gaming hobby is dead.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

prom candy posted:

I've been leveling up the PKM and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't really like it. What's the best AR?

In spite of being something of a SCAR fetishist where a SCAR-H is my IRL "if I had a million bucks" dream gun, I'm really digging the basic-rear end M4 with the eotech holosite and flip up magnifier.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

codo27 posted:

What would you do with it? Shoot the rest of the money?

Yeah. It's about sending a message.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I don't know, the whole thing is hosed politically from attributing the famous Highway of Death to Evil Russians to the general glorification of OPERATORS.

But it's well executed and I consume it.

Do tokens stack with the double XP? I'm leery of spending them since the UI is showing the same icons to represent the weekend...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

holy poo poo I would absolutely buy a die antwoord skin

if it doesn't include a banana yellow m4 what even is the point

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I got a half-price 20 season pass level boost in my store, so that's probably an option for the guy who was even later to the party than me.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I can't change missions. lol i think they are doing an inadvertent stress test.

E: lol i lost like 50 levels and have a negative xp to get to next level displayed.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 3, 2020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm saving my gunbuxx for them to release a Mara pack.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I picked up a couple packs since I am a nerve stapled consumer who can't buy physical things and liked some of the cosmetics like a little shark tschochki for my gun and I figured a few epic guns with all the fixing would make it less of a slog to level up said guns. Ah well.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Golem has the undisputed best finishing move with disdainful dispatch, but he's not my favorite operator and I don't have a quip for him. Let's all send thoughts and prayers my way.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

Nobody's finishers come remotely close to Azur & Zane's cinderblock finishers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebFFJrrCpsQ

Those are solid but I just like the "eh you're not worth the effort" energy of Golem's. If I could equip it to other guys I would.
https://youtu.be/TRyZJYvV_Yw?t=34

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Is there some trick to the Operation Paladin Spec Ops mission? If I've tried it once I've tried it 30 times, and everything falls apart once you get to the weapons crate in the store. The game just spams heavy soldiers, suicide bombers, and a freaking Juggernaut at you until you're all wasted. I assume since it's indoors air support call ins won't help you. I guess maybe I just need to coordinate a group instead of randos and IDK all pop juggernaut as soon as that phase begins? It's loving nuts.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Bardeh posted:

it sure is weird that the only supremely obvious hackers I've encountered have had Chinese characters in their names :thunk:

first our lungs now our shootmans, when will the perfidious celestial's perilous plots end?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I am glad I built my present badboy with 16, no doubt.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Fallom posted:

Whatever, though. All I want is a new tracksuit for Yegor.

Ah, a fellow man of taste.

I like to creep up the inside of the tower in Rust and throw C-4 up onto the top platform when bad guys are there.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Looks like Alex didn't have a leg to stand on when he said he'd have to sacrifice himself to detonate the charges.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Shirtless Yegor skin as a teir 0 season 3 unlock.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Oh poo poo you can get the hybrid thermal/45 degree reflex on the PKM? I gotta level up some more. That might be worth even adding a stock to Rosenkopf.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Oh gently caress me, for realzies? Jesus gently caress.

I was super burned on the S2 Battlepass and then S3 has a kickass skin for Mara at Level 90, so they fuckin' hooked me again.

Also the best Warzone strat is to play solos and get your hands on a chopper as soon as possible, those blades are incredible.

Oh good, I was hoping there'd be another shot at Mara.

E: lol they just made the tomagachi a different color and called it a different unlock.

really makes one leery of bothering with any of the other cosmetics in the store vs. just sticking to battlepass

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 8, 2020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Mp7 or 725 sawed off, best guns for just running around like a maniac in regular multi.

I love using the cut down 725 on Shipment and never, ever pressing RMB.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1250092836814454785

thinking about starting a petition, the version with the buffer tube sticking out just looks dumb

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Scoring an elaborately animated finishing move on a bush wookiee camping on a roof with their eyeball glued to a scope is good, actually.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

DarkDobe posted:

The package bundle for Talon also has a doggo execution (it's a big black boofer, not a Gshep) if you would rather just throw money at the pack, instead of the battlepass.

https://i.gyazo.com/0f392e8d5fb6e22cec72f293c7951c23.mp4

So far as in-game, though, prepare to die a lot while waiting for your doggo to do his thing. One of the slowest 'kill' times of any execution.

Is that so? They all seem to take the same about 3 seconds and change, I assume by design.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

I always play as the lady that just sticks an axe in someone then makes fun of their corpse.

I'm still repping Golem because I love just shiving the neck and not even breaking stride to shove the guy away.

I unlocked his one liner to go with it by doing missions, but it is sadly weak next to the rest of them.

then again I guess with the disdainful animation just saying "goodbye" and moving on is probably a better match than something that sounds clever and workshopped.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

such a simp he blew himself up to be in the friend zone of a hot revolutionary

everyone being alex is this seasons everyone being ghost

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

I haven't really played a COD online before since the WW2 ones, is there some secret to spawning somewhere I won't instantly get shot either by a guy in the corner with a shotgun up my rear end, three guys aiming at me already firing, or in front of a sniper rifle? Half of my lives are five seconds or less and I'm usually dead before I can even pull the scope up or the gun can put out a bullet. The other half I can actually do something.

Depends on the map and the mode. Mosh pit map deathmatch that's just part of the dice roll, like getting telefragged back in the old days of Quake.

If you want something a little more wide open I recommend the bigger modes. Ground War is basically Call of Battlefield, and the battle royale modes give you some control over just how much of a furball you want to drop into.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Fried Watermelon posted:

So I disabled GeForce ingame overlay and Discord ingame overlay and my FPS went up 20 FPS and the random crash to desktops without any error codes stopped happening.

News I can use, especially since the highlight feature doesn't seem to work for me anyway.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I find Hardpoint Rust comes down to which team actually claims the objective and which team has its bush wookiees climb to the top of the platform to play sniper elite 3.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Ninja squad represent.

CORVID ONE NINER pack (2 operator skins, 1 emblem) Mask your social distancing chops with this awesome bundle, includes a teir skip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

On the one hand I'm sure if I turned poo poo down the birds and leafs and poo poo would be less distracting, but on the other hand, I didn't build a crazy rig so I could play games with Mechwarrior 2 graphics at 1200 FPS.