Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Gasoline posted:

The seasons are too short because the time where Shipment/Shoothouse is available is not enough

the trick is to just play warzone and go for top15+ or high frag games, you'll be drowning in XP. Completed BP with 40 days to go, lvl 151, and all I did was play a couple casual solos and a quad or two with friends after work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Gee, look at this guy getting more than 56kbps dialup speeds from actiblizzard CDNs

What's it like living in the future buddy? I can't play til next week

veni veni veni posted:

If this update lets me carry more than one extra mag in the SKS I will start using it again because it rules and is basically a much better FAL. The ammo limit just made it unusable in WZ.

I am sad the rest of the DMR's suck so much. They should be so much fun. The MK2 should be one of the best guns in the game.

Im 99% sure there's nothing about increased marksman / sniper rifle ammo counts. You're right about it being a better FAL - but now, the CR56AMAX DMR conversion is better than both put together. Take the CR56AMAX with the .300 10rnd mag, longest possible barrel, mono suppressor, aim stability stock and your choice of scope (I recommend cronen 3.5) - similar bullet velocity to HDR, perfect for sniper harassment

MK2 is amazing, but only on hardcore :(

RYYSZLA fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 30, 2020

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
You bet when they finally bring out a new map, or just add a snowy part to verdansk, that'll be 100+ gigs

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

I had to VPN to the US once again to be able to download this at more than 150kB/s.

insert "You guys were getting [KB/s]!?!?" meme.jpg"

I had to do the last update on 30 B/s

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is there an additional in game download after patch?

Playlist updates =/= patches

So if you did the patch before the playlist update hit, then technically yes, but it'll take like 3 seconds then force a restart to propagate it IIRC

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

Do you have anything to back this up ?

No direct stats no, just my own gameplay experience with it, but drift0r has either done (by now) or is doing a video on how the CR56AMAX DMR is the best DMR and even beats snipers in a straight up fight under certain conditions (it's literally got one job, harassing snipers, and it is VERY good at it)

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

OK because that's a pretty strong thing to claim with no stats to back it up. The HDR has the fastest bullet velocity of any sniper/marksman by a ~20% margin and the AMAX's base velocity is significantly lower than most other assault rifles.

With the mono suppressor and the longest barrel the velocity becomes really high, enough that it can harass other DMRs as well as the single shot sniper rifles, which means ti's hiiiiiigh for a rifle - or I might be completely wrong, since apparently it got nerfed today?

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

appropriatemetaphor posted:

when's the cat girl mara pack out??

They can shut up and take my money

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Orv posted:

As far as I can tell there's maybe like a couple sight lines at most in the entirety of the core maps that will actually suffer from the AMAX's damage range nerf and you're basically never going to be hard scoping them with an AR anyway.

Did the nerf affect the DMR variant of the AMAX do you know?

pre-patch I was absolutely wasting every little white glint that came at me from anywhere on the map more or less, especially in rumble & realism with the extra headshot damage (or lack of armor in rumble). I'll be sad if the "nerf" actually basically only applied to WZ

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
Not all doggos go to heaven maybe?

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Fuuuuuck 200 player Warzone.

GIVE US 200 PLAYER SHIPMENT YOU COWARDS

One better give us 200 player shipment where the map is the normal map but all 200 players are like 1/100th scale so that it's like bein lil' green army men

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Statutory Ape posted:

my ideal mode, ive always wanted greater potential for multi kills with concussion grenades

but also what if killstreaks, grenades, bullets etc were still regular size

Yknow like all bigger than the player models by a factor of 10

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
wasn't cs_kitchen one also?

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
Depending on what kind of scroll wheel your mouse has, you can bind it to MWHEELUP and MWHEELDOWN and fire even faster than just rolling it one direction.

FAL recoil is down and left pretty reliably it seems, almost like a elongated J shape.

Shipment Shoothouse 24/7 atm, glory days

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
time to get on that sniper / LMG grind I guess for plat/damascus

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

GROUND WAR

who loving cares if it's a bad mode? everything is a bad mode if you're grinding longshots

this is the best answer for when shoothouse 24/7 isnt up on quick play

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

Though we don't have any actual numbers yet I now firmly believe RYYSZLA that its velocity/drop are on par with the HDR's. It's nuts.

I'd like to put a number on it based on playing warzone just now. Up to about 500m (from prison to port) it had more or less identical drop to HDR. Shooting up to downtown (Which i think is 700+ meters) it wasn't as close, had to aim up a fair bit, higher, but the bullet didn't seem to take all that much longer than my buddy's HDR shots

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
The new sniper feels horrible, but that might just be because I haven't unlocked the explo rounds yet

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
If they make snipers more challenging then ARs will become the undisputed kings of WZ to the point that there will be no context or situation whatsoever that having 2 ARs wouldn't serve you better in

Case in point, pre this patch, the correctly set up grau could countersniper better than anything but the maxrange velocity HDR setup, which itself could only really be touched by the AMAX dmr conversion other than the grau (which seems to have actually received some kind of buff in this patch, I just played a match with it and it feels like LESS velocity drop than a week ago)

Like if they make snipers any worse then the already really really really stale "every person above a certain skill group only uses X gun and Y secondary" meta will become "nobody at any rank uses anything but [fotw gun, atm still grau i think]"

Ninja Edit: this is even worse in multiplayer where everything seems to be balanced around ARs, but completely mitigated in HC & realism by their gameplay nature

edit 2: if they revert stuff closer to launch week stats watch everyone swap straight from the Grau to a mix of the M4 and Aug 5.56 conversion

RYYSZLA fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 3, 2020

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Krogort posted:

Even Stodeh, who know his poo poo with a sniper rifle in FPS, come to the same conclusion in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mce22R0ZIig.

However in regular multiplayer, SMG are super solid and give the AR a run for their money. And by SMG I mean the MP5.

Yeah, I've been watching Stodeh and Drift0r for a while when I want actual numbers on things for CoD, since I dont' know how to get them myself. He's saying everything I am there, the reason the grau becomes meta is the clear ironsight, laserbeam recoil, and that anything under 400-500m, you can just spray down anything aiming at you and outclass all the other best-in-slot weapons, including the HDR.

IMHO the 3.0 VLK / 60RND / m16 Barrel / Mono Suppressor / Aim Stability Grip M4 is actually deadlier but due to the mobility decrease, despite in theory having a higher TTK than the grau you'd hit less bullets as it isn't a laser in the same way. Post-patch it should come to be one of the more dominant weapons, along with the Mp5 and HDR.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Did they change something with the HDR in the last patch? I’ve been running HDR with a 3.5x for a while and never had any problems but now I can’t hit poo poo with it. I was firing rounds at someone standing completely still 280m away and I could not hit them. I played a few more games and hitting anything with my Scout HDR has been next to impossible.

What are the other attachments you have on? the HDR is only a ultravelocity monster with the max damage range mods - aim stability stock, mono supp, 26.9 HDR barrel. The Cronen/VLK optics also introduce a touch of innaccuracy that doesnt seem to be mentioned anywhere on the descriptions but is noticeable when playing. Ima fire the game up now and have a play around, I need like 20 more kills for platinum HDR

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I'm running all the usual attachments. I just did a couple test games of plunder. Still couldn't hit anything wit the Cronen, but then I switched back to the Scout and everything is working as expected.

Yeah, im pretty sure there's a bug with the VLK & Cronen optics, they seem to affect bullet velocity when they shouldn't.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

CombatBonta-kun posted:

Well they broke something again.

I haven't made any progress with the Rytec in at least 4 games. I've gotten about 60 kills with it in that time and the weapon level isn't moving at all.

Also, Promenade might be the worst map I've ever played and it makes no sense why it is a Ground War map.

If you have explo rounds on remove them and it should fix it for now

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

I thought I could cheese some longshot challenges by using pistols on shipment and it turns out no i cannot

Shipment is, IIRC slightly wider than it is long. This means if you stand with your back to the wall by the forklift and look over towards the dumpsters at where C flag is during domination, then anyone behind the dumpsters should be a longshot kill for any pistol without damage range increase mods on it, and correspondingly the mirror spot up the other way looking from the other forklift towards A flag spot

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

Wait do damage range attachments change the longshot distance?

In theory no, in practice, I got some longshots on shipment without them so maybe.

I play enough that while I can't back it up with statistics (cos gently caress if I know how to generate them) Im confident that i'm correct, like with the AMAX DMR being similar velocity to the HDR, apparently a drift0r video proving it is in the works

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
There may have been a banwave but the amount of 100% blatant cheaters in HC shipment 24/7 today is unreal

edit: I say some absolutely wild (but not racist) poo poo to people in this game and haven't gotten banned, doubt the racism is causing it

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

VaultAggie posted:

Theres the rust old houseboat playlist! You know, if you enjoy playing 30 games of rust for every shoothouse or shipment game.

You guys were getting rust?

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
Haven't played since the day the new path of exile league dropped

Went in today, managed to pull like a 0.5kd in every game I played. Every kill, died to someone locking on the yellow "you" tag through a wall, after blatantly locking 1-2+ other people first

KD before was only 1.04mp (thanks damascus grind) / 1.6wz... this is like, 2015 CSGO levels of bad. Every single match, blatant cheats. Did something go wrong on the anticheat?

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

I remeber playing a mod of something that was basically a BR where your squad or team was in a vehicle and if you got out you died. It could also have been a dream or us shooting the poo poo back in PUBG days. Either way I want that.

That was a mode in pubg, originally on custom servers then it got made a real mode on miramar for a little

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
Why the gently caress do people poo poo on the fast, small, action packed maps like livestock, shipment, rust, shoothouse etc when it's a loving fact that every single "slightly larger than small" or bigger map is loving actual dogshit trash in this game?

This MW would be the best one since the original almighty CoD4 if every map was as fun as crash is on 12 v 12, or shipment 6 v 6.... basically lobby size correlating with map size. For the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't make all the other maps like, a fraction of their sizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

mrking posted:

All the bigger maps need something like hardpoint or domination to help focus the action imo. Is search and destroy any fun? It always through me off when I was expecting to respawn and then didn't, so I never have it a chance.

S&D Hardcoremode is what all the old cod4 pros & promod players go on because it's the closest to the OG CoD4 Experience