Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Are they going after the ground Battlefield gave up with this new mode? How did the larger map/player count actually feel for a COD game? (I have largely been not paying attention to this one, but a buddy of mine just brought it to my attention the other day)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Yes. and terrible. Don't get me wrong it seemed like plenty of people enjoyed it, but to me it just felt like a really shallow, lame BF rip without most of the stuff that makes BF cool. It felt like it had never been playtested. With a bunch of tweaking maybe it could still have legs because COD has more enjoyable shooting than BF imo, but all of my interest lies in the other modes after playing it and I'd rather play battlefield for large scale games. Even the bad ones.

Hmm.. but what is the over under on them actually doing some tweaks, which BFV has been lacking?

Either way, I will probably get roped in through the friendgroupthink. It's good to hear the shooting is good. I can look past a lot if the gunplay scratches that itch right.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

For every one of us intelligent enough to not buy the goddamn lootboxes, there are a thousand more willing to eat that poo poo up.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Adaptabullshit posted:

Let's talk about how schoolyard kids use "default" as an insult. "Default" as in looking like a game character that has no mtx-cosmetics on them.

Can we cancel the planet yet? Like, the whole thing? I don't like this timeline anymore.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

"Base weapons" instead of just "weapons" is an interesting point to have to keep hitting. I hope this simply means cosmetic reskins and not functional weapon variants.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Back in the original MW days, I wasn't terrible, but I was far from the quickscope-instant-headshot guys. This time around I think I am even worse, but the game is still pretty fun. The meta for shoothouse seems to be an M4 or some sort of SMG specced for run and gunning and so trying to intentionally not use those weapons (for say getting daily missions) seems to hold me back a lot. Probably shouldn't play the 24/7 shoothouse for those though, but eh, 24/7 playlists at least help you learn the map quick.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Zarfol posted:

This.

Is there a point with messing with the FOV settings. I heard it messes with aim assist and I need the assist cause I’m trash at this game.

By default mine was at 80 and I haven't felt the need to increase it really yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Fart Car '97 posted:

The real idiocy of shipment is that on hardpoint it spawns the team that controls the hardpoint IN THE HARDPOINT so if you're smart you just throw the match to farm kills on the five guys spawning in the same box over and over

Had this happen to me, the best time for it is when the hardpoint is at the mid B point. Just endless crossfire and deaths. Was hilarious once realized they were letting us keep the point specifically for that purpose.