Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

CombatBonta-kun posted:

I have been feeling the same way for about half my games.

I'm not great, but I'm not bad either, but there are times when I see videos of people playing and it is almost like the other team doesn't even see them standing in front of them.

But when I'm playing, as soon as I have more than 3 pixels on the other person's screen, they are already aiming for my head. Then despite seeing 3-5 hit markers on them when I seem to start shooting at them first, I die from 2 shots to the dome. Next thing I know, I'm watching the kill cam and it shows them shooting before I am in a position where I can see them. When I'm running Cold-Blooded, Ghost and Dead Silence, it makes me wonder if it was luck for them, me being bad or something screwy with the net-code.

I'm in the same boat. Although once I found out how to switch quickplay to hardcore (thanks thread) I've been doing much better. I feel like I was losing fights because my aim wasn't perfect or my gun was outclassed. Hardcore mode you only need a few body shots to win a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
How do you get tickets for the challenge runs? I usually just play HC. This something you get from regular matches? Thanks in advance

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
So I leveled up and did not get a ticket for the challenge. Anyone know how to get tickets to run the challenges?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

StevoMcQueen posted:

Search & Destroy should be renamed quit and restart because if your team loses the first round, half your team quits and you can either waste your time losing some more while your party fills out, or do the same and hope to luck out next time.

And if you do get a full team, half the time the bomb carrier is some idiot camping sniper/watching the enemy bomb count down.

Accurate. I usually just play hard core and never S&D. Thats almost as bad as teammates not reviving you (or anybody) on cyber attack when they are standing on your head and in cover.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

I'd say I can't believe they have the gall to charge 18 dollars for a loving skin but I've already played BFV.

Fallout 76 paved the way for that BS.

Is their a reliable resource for best gun loadouts? I play around and mix things up, but im sure im missomg something. I usually play hardcore.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Protocol7 posted:

I think hardcore is a better game cause it forces you to be so tight with your aim. Well, it's just funner for me.

Pick any gun and its up 10 levels before you know it.

Agreed mostly. The reason i like HC so much more is i have a much better chance of landing 1 to 3 hits to kill someone rather than the 4 to 6 in normal mode. And i dont have to deal with people dropping to prone constantly.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Cold blooded is also a decent perk. Vtols cant see you. I run that playing HC. EOD doesnt really matter as much in HC

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I wish there was an option to pick map preferences. Im not unhappy with any one map, except maybe picadilly when sbmm decides lube isnt necassary, but i'd like other 24/7 options possibly.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I love shipment for leveling guns. It does suck when you get nailed in the spawn once they have it fully covered, but gently caress it, id do the same thing.

Speaking of which. Does anyone have any tips on getting juggernaut? Its pretty much the last ribbon i need for the season. Im already dropping care packages and tbh...im 37...my reaction time will never be what it once was so just getting good isnt gonna happen anytime soon.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
So i still like shipment, but i had one game of hc dom and they spawn trapped us on A side with a juggernaut, a wheelson, and then eventually a second juggernaut. Good thing i dont care about k/d.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Digital Jedi posted:

drat, guess I'm not going to finish the Chopper Gunner mission with Shoot House. Barely could get 1 in shipment and I managed 12/20 kills only.

Still love Shoot house but seriously I want shipment back.

On top of what everyone else said. There is Drop Zone running right now too. Just grab as many crates as you can and hope for the best. Thats how i just completed my juggernaut ribbon.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

MF_James posted:

counterpoint HC HQ is fun.

Especially when you are leveling those launchers.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

GyverMac posted:

I only play Ground war to grind kills with my LMGs. They are pretty much useless in any other gamemode. But yeah, ground war feels like an afterthought, like IW wanted to be battlefield without knowing what makes battlefield good.

Lmgs are great at spawn camping shipment domination. Ive been the victim of it many times.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

codo27 posted:

Time the pea shooters were nerfed in HC. Under no circumstances should they be one shots unless it's a head shot and very close

I got 4 hit markers on one person with the M13 in HC. I think its fine. HC is meant to be unforgiving.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Iron Lung posted:

I think I'm somewhere into the 50s-60s of BP unlocks that remain locked besides the freebies. Don't think I'd buy the bundle, but might drop the ten bux in that case.

They have also stated there will be a double battlepass thing comin up soon i think. I have no idea how that would work, but its worth lookin into.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Live At Five! posted:

I legit do not understand the appeal of HC at all. Normal mode already has way too low of a TTK and HC just exacerbates it. I get it if you're leveling a lovely rear end pistol but otherwise gently caress that insta death garbage.

Also bring back shipment 24/7, I dont care how smooth my brain is, poo poo was dope as gently caress.

Im on the opposite end of this. Core sucks. Way to slow and everyone drops to prone as soon as there is a gunfight. My only complaint is that not all modes have a HC setting.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does ghost prevent you from being marked by recon drone or why does it say some targets are blocked from being marked?

Yes

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Id like to play Groundwar more often, but whenever i do, 1 in 3 games crashes with a memory error.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

CJacobs posted:

edit: Man, the responses to that tweet... people sure are a bunch of loving babies about their generic shoot-dudes game huh

If it werent for the almighty mute button, i don't know if i could tolerate some of the people that play this game.

Me in 3rd place at end of game: gg

Dude in first place with 5 more kills and 0 captures: "STFU I CARRIED ALL OF YOU!!"

Ok buddy.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Fart Car '97 posted:

I do not like this challenge because I am bad with the Mk2 carbine

It gives you a reason to practice with it. I would do this in hardcore because i think every marksmen rifle is a one hit kill.

Im gonna shoot for gold on those weapons anyways so this is just a decent reason to make me use these guns now.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Shima Honnou posted:

Like with all guns I've managed to bend the laws of the game code and hit someone dead on with the M14 and they survived in HC earlier today. I'm not sure where the gently caress I hit them but they shot me lol

Oh yeah, ive been in the same position. Im a terrible player at times. Its like i hit a magical spot that does no damage in hc sometimes. Clearly aimed at the chest and managed to clip a toe. Fml

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

JaySB posted:

I watched video of a guy getting a nuke with an M13, so I mean I guess it can be done but the real question is why? Why bother when there are so many objectively better AR's?

Blackout rounds maybe? I love the feel of the M13. Great recoil. Excellent rof. Just wish it did a bit more damage.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I love it when i get a cluster strike in HC and suddently the spawns swap for no loving reason. Im just showered in my own bombs for a minute. Plus the killing of my teammates

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Religious Man posted:

You also need gold on all the regular snipers for platinum. I don’t believe you need the crossbow. Usually post launch weapons don’t count for platinum/diamond. I have platinum LMGs but have not yet golded the holger.

Snipers and marksman rifles share platinum?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Ceros_X posted:

It's straight time played, the longer the game the more BP XP

So if i used exp tokens, they would have no effect on battlepass?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Butterfly Valley posted:

I wanna play this magical new version of shipment where you get spawn killed less because my experience seems to be the total fukken opposite

When I die I'm guaranteed 2 or 3 subsequent immediate deaths so it's encouraging me to play more campy and boring which is poo poo for this map

Before they adjusted the spawns, it was waaaay worse. Domination games meant you just spawned at the side of the flag you controlled and then the other team just sat in the corners and killed everyone before they could react. 2 or 3 deaths at spawn is not nearly as bad. I sat through 10 or so deaths attempting to throw a grenade or anything in an attempt to get out of it.

The payoff was and still is worth it. Domination Shipment makes leveling any gun a breeze. Im working on the 680 now. I get between 3 and 5 levels per domination match without any tokens. If you get a good rhythm goin, your kdr will be just fine too.

E: I only really play HC, so that may help because of easier one shot kills.

ZombieCrew fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 1, 2020

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

I hate that game devs actually read reddit and use the opinions of the whiniest, most hyperbolic community on the internet for feedback.

I hope they take it all with a grain of salt. Reddit is just an echo chamber of bullshit.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Anyone have any solutions to sudden and dramatic fps loss mid game on pc? I usually run 70 or 80 fps normally, but sometimes it crashes into the teens.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Nothing is quite as nerve wracking as calling in a juggernaut crate on shipment

No kiddin. I get pissed when i call in a simple carepackage and i get whacked AND the spawns flip.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Are there any other guns beside 5.56 that have burst?

I know the m4 and Fal have the option.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

JaySB posted:

If you're not using the AK or Bizon in HC, I just don't know what to tell you.

Those are already Gold for me. Once I get gold on a weapon, I move on to something else. It keeps it interesting for me. I do dread having to work on the knife and shield though.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Butterfly Valley posted:

Watched only the first half of this video but what the gently caress kind of potatoes is he playing against such that he can sit perched on that wall unmoving and reloading for fully 5 seconds with someone looking down their sniper scope at him without his head being turned into kibble

I haven't watched this one yet, but he does some of his footage in the create your own custom game for testing.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Do any of you watch the COD league stuff? Its mildly entertaining when i cant actually play. My only complaint is the announcers are whisper quiet until something remotely exciting happens and then they blow out my speakers.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
That new classified gun looks like a nerf gun

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

CJacobs posted:

It's funny, the last person I heard say that was actually in this game.

he was pretty clearly ~14

edit: I think the problem's not so much weapon damage as the fragility of the player. Feels like I'm steering around a garbage bag wearing a ghillie suit that looks like a garbage bag and for one character actually is garbage. And it's leaky.

Like...how many bullets do you think it takes to actually kill someone? Play HC. Then you dont have to worry about the kill cam. Or aiming as much.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Is COD on pc available anywhere else besides the blizzard downloader? The DL cap is ridiculous.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's extremely cruel of them to release two new weapons immediately after removing 24/7 Shipment and 2x weapon XP from the game.

Unless you used them up, there are the weapon xp tokens you earned with last season. Also, theyve been doing a different xp bonus almost every weekend.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Iron Lung posted:

I Am Still Downloading This Patch jesus loving christ

Same. I suppose ill do adult things like laundry while i wait.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Sandwolf posted:

Mara’s gay too, so it works

The fanfic is ghost agreeing to date mara for her sisters wedding at her parents place because they dont know yet. And then the terrorists show up. Ghost and mara go on a killing spree, saving the world, all with the parents are in tow. Mara kills the head honcho while revealing to her parents that she is gay . Wedding resumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hardcore is a crutch and not the answer to anything except levelling pistols.

Also boy, the UMP is not a good gun. :rip:

Crutch?

HC makes almost any gun viable and you actually have to think before throwing explosives everywhere possibly killing your team mates.