Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

codo27 posted:

Well, just had my first full blown hackers. In the lobby I see not one, but two trolls, one named Kukluxklan and the other ImFuccinWhite. I report them just based on their names, but then a short while into the game its clear something is going on. We roll to like 120 points (HQ, despite it being deselected in my queue :D) but then like 3 of us die at once and though its HC so no kill cam, I can see a red dot on the map and theres no one there. From there it was very obvious we were being killed by invisible people, at one point there was what looked like a prox mine blinking on the ground but every time I got close to it someone was pistoling me to death, though I could hear or see nothing else, the mine never triggered. They almost tie, then we cap and I figure we're gonna win...and the map is nuked? Thats actually the first time the nuke happened to me in a game. And we lost, somehow. I guess once out of 1000 rounds or whatever I've played so far ain't bad. Not like Apex

I player 3-4 rounds with a guy named Bugatti who was flagrantly aimbotting and wall hacking, which was pretty entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Stopping power .458 m4 is hilarious

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

What setting makes the shadows on my character/gun not look like a weird super jagged mess

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Fart Car '97 posted:

What setting makes the shadows on my character/gun not look like a weird super jagged mess

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Also came here to post this, it sucks. I just wanted that cat charm because it looks like my cat, and the Makarov suit. I don’t need all this other poo poo. It stinks!

Yah but math

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's cool that the FAL is worse at range than just holding M1 with the m4 or Kilo lol

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

doesnt the uzi get substantially bigger benefits from laser sights compared to the other smgs

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Man the Bizon with the steel barrel & muzzle brake can really rip if you work that long 3-hit kill range

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Well I just unlocked the Bizon, is that a straight upgrade to the MP5? Or just a different style?

The MP5 is still the best SMG. The Bizon overall isn't as good, but it can 3 shot people out to like 30m if you hit chest shots.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

colachute posted:

The Bizon is the best gun in the game and the mag is big enough for it to be a hip fire melt machine.

Get the Bizon, focus on hip fire first, then ADS, and then movement speed, and then run around like an idiot mowing everything.

MP5 is a close second but the mag size makes the Bizon number one.

gently caress the hipfire, spec it with muzzle brake/steel barrel/tac laser/skeleton stock. It has the fastest TTK of any SMG inside 15m in the game if you land chest shots and can maintain that TTK out to like 30m with a headshot mixed in.

E: It is trash at range though.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 25, 2019

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Bizon owns so much. I'm glad everyone spergs out over the MP5 and everyone is sleeping on the lowkey best SMG. Maybe it's not as good in a straight up 1v1 vacuum, but it has so many bullets and the 3hk range is like 50 feet with the steel barrel.

It has enough bullets in 1 mag to take out a UAV and Counter UAV without even having to reload lmao

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I like killstreaks like cluster strikes/cruise missile/airstrike, and even the VTOL isn’t too overpowered, but stuff like the chopper gunner and especially gunship just feel like they’re way too potent/survivable. The call in ones are good for either ending an enemy push or some area denial, but the gunship is just nuts.

It's infuriating how many people are just too stupid to spawn with an LMG with FMJ, look up, and hold M1 when there is a Chopper on the map.

Like one of your 5 presets should just always be PKM/150rnd Mag/FMJ/Cold Blooded.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Skyarb posted:

Agreed but it this loadout doesn't work against gunship. Its loving dumb. Make the gunship vulnerable to bullets!

Yeah the gunship is dumb. It takes something like 7-9 rockets to take down

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I started using the m4 again today because of a daily challenge and gently caress that gun

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What do you guys reckon is the most optimal M4 build? I scrapped the FMJ perk because I felt like it wasn’t really adding much for me but I ultimately only care about low ads and ttk

Running around like a big dick hero sounds fun but since I don’t know the maps very well I always get shot in the back doing it compared to going slower and listening for footsteps

Put whatever you want on the M4 because you can spec it to be good at anything

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

Does it just regen the next missing item according to use sequence ? Once per 30sec?

Each item has a unique timer. You will see a grey bar behind the item filling up after you use it. When the bar fills up the item is available.

I'm leveling the Oden and in ground war it's an absolute beast with the long barrel and monolithic comp, provided you pick your angles and don't try to win peeking games. There's something very satisfying about 2 shotting snipers way the gently caress out there.

That said every now and then I dip back into the M4/MP5/MP7 pool and it's just eye roll inducing how all around good they are compared to everything else.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 29, 2019

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

CombatBonta-kun posted:

I've been trying out some of the weapon missions and I'm looking at the Infiltrator Mission and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the infil part of Infil and complete 3 Public matches means. Do I just play public matches?

Yes, "infil" means nothing. Just play.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Something does, I completed the assignment without ever performing an melee kill of any kind.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 30, 2019

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I have hard drive space now:

https://i.imgur.com/vXpHT1B.mp4

This team was playing cheesy as gently caress, every single one was running an MP5 and just camping every possible corner. They had us down 120-200. We came back to win 250-210 because we were able to hold that hardpoint and the next one and it was an incredibly satisfying win

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I know it's pretty much a worse mp7 but I find the P90 to be a real fun gun to use.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

SubponticatePoster posted:

Like, how do you only get 3 kills on Shipment? Go afk? Have flippers instead of hands? Let the dog play?

It's entirely possible to spend an entire round of shipment spawning and instantly dying

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Clavavisage posted:

Ditch the wheelson, use the vtol

Idk I find the wheelson to be way better, the vtol is just so easy to shoot down.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

SubponticatePoster posted:

Hey I've had those games too, but at least managed to get a dozen kills or so. Also they took Shipment away and now it's just Shoothouse 24/7 :(

I'm not talking about "bad games where sometimes you die a bunch but get a few hits in." I have had entire rounds of shipment where I joined in progress and spent the entire round spawning and instantly dying.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I mean, they are clearly going for different vibes with different maps and some people seem to hate that, but I like the approach that different maps have different feels to them. Barring the 10 v 10 maps really the only maps that feel kind of too big to me is St petrograd and Grazna Raid, which are both maps I actually like but wouldn't mind seeing slimmed down. Gun runner, Hackney yard, Rammaza and Azhir Cave are ace maps. Shoothouse is a great clusterfuck map but I wouldn't want to play it all of the time. I like it in the regular rotation though. I am just baffled that people are mad that the game actually has maps to learn and will only be happy once it's a non stop meat grinder.

Tbh it sounds like some people don't even actually like playing, but just get off on watching stuff unlock in between games

Azhir cave is hot steaming poo poo on certain modes like Dom or TDM where you can just exploit the cave entrances

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

There's literally 6 cave entrances. If your team is just getting farmed from the cave it's because they are bad.

They all funnel into 2-3 chokepoints that are super easy to cover. If you can't exploit that poo poo make you've got problems

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/7z3Y4AF.mp4

Important to talk poo poo when the opportunity arises

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Grind is cool because it takes the best fragging game mode and removes the element that makes it good

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hope we one day get Titanfall 3 with the pilot mechanics from 2 and the titan mechanics from 1 but it's not looking likely. :rip:

Why wouldn't it be likely? It's a long ways out sure but with the success of apex I think it's almost certain we'll get TF|3.

At least that's what I tell myself

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I got a (separate) ragequit and hackusation in the same round :thurman:
e:
https://i.imgur.com/xbXzmFp.mp4

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 4, 2020

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Stims are way too loving good. Why on Earth do you get 2?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Nothing has changed the fact that it's easier to farm kills in objective modes than fragging modes so I'm not sure what you expect

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The oden is the best marksman rifle in the game

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Pretty much any gun in the game can 1-clip the counter UAV which is real dumb

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

colachute posted:

Bizon is way better as a hip fire point blank machine with fast movement speed than it is any pseudo-LMG.

I disagree, nothing is realIy special about its hipfire. Its low ROF makes it worse than most SMGS at hipfiring if you're hoping to just spray and pray.but it does have the ability to reach further. I don't know if I'd treat it like an LMG but I did great with it when I kitted it out for extended range and really focused on keeping fights in that sweet spot.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 5, 2020

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

They really should just take the 50 round mag away from the MP7 entirely tbqh. It makes it just better than the p90 in pretty much every way.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

This week's limited modes are Gunfight 1v1, Gun Game and Shipment 24/7

a good week

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Bizon is the best "ranged" smg, gently caress hipfiring it:

7/42/17/50 lol SBMM

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

making the other team leave a shipment game on TDM is really funny

TBF there is literally no reason to stick around once you've lost the rush to camp the spawns

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Is there a way to get golem that doesn't involve playing the trash spec ops mode or is there a way to cheese the Kuvalda map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Sextro posted:

I hit quickplay on this mode and it took like 15 minutes and I hardly even saw any enemies and never even got shot. I had 3 people playing together as my team.

That's cool I quickplayed 3 times and every time the other 3 guys scattered in random directions and died alone doing nothing so YMMV