Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I have only been playing Warzone for a week or two so I’m still leaning the ins and outs of the various weapons. I generally like shotguns in games like this, but in battle royal they feel more like a liability than anything else due to range.

Is there any effective shotgun use in battle royal or should I just do something else? I either solo or quad with friends.

Oh, I have enjoyed them in the big death match to just point blank blast fools from up close but those instances don’t happen a lot it seems in battle royal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

The shotgun advice makes me sad, but it is what I figured. I bow to the goon advice.

It seems to me that assault rifles and smgs are the things to use mostly. Maybe a sniper rifle if you have/find a good one.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

It’s gently caress around mode when I don’t want to concentrate. Run people over and level the gun of choice.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

What is generally considered the best way to level the battle pass? I don’t care if I hit 100, but I would like to at least get to 1000bp so I can get season 5 for free.

Mostly I do solo battle royal with a bit of quads with friends a few days a week. It’s slow but steady advancement.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I have done some pretty decent leveling on some of my main load out guns so it isn’t all bad. Just mostly.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

What are people’s thoughts on DMR rifles? I can decide if it’s worth to do a dmr + assault rifle setup or just have an assault rifle for mid range fights and run a good smg for closer.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

My friends and I all live in lovely flyover rural Illinois. Farmland is our first drop 9/10 times. It’s usually pretty quiet.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

If I can dual wield the shields than I welcome this change.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Please just make it so I can play plunder with a full squad of four.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Yikes. What is the best way to unlock the bruen? That looks like a pain in the rear end.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I just have Warzone so none of those match types for me. :(

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Is there any way to get around the intel bug in Warzone? I’ve done all of week 1 but now I get to the coin in the pool house and it won’t let me pick it up. I’ve double checked and I have the next set of Intel missions activated. Anyone else have this issue?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

If you are like many people you will get up to the coin and be unable to interact with it. I’ve tried every day as soon as the new intel dropped and can’t get it to activate at all.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I do mostly plunder with BR here and there. I’ll definitely try it in BR and see if that works.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Just checked. Can’t start stage 1 of the intel in any mode. Curse you, my experience!!!:argh:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I still want to run a shotgun in a kit because I hate myself.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Am I stupid for grinding out the kills for a crossbow? The explosive bolts look fun.

Also it’s making me get much better with long range headshots and target leading with a reflex.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Include me in this. I shall look to do some stabbing in the near future.

I have been using the throwing knife lately in war zone and enjoy it for an “oh poo poo” moment when I come around a corner and have some looking toward me. Also the angry death yelling is usually better when it’s a kill by knife.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

No quad plunder anymore. :(

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Trios is still there. 4 player dad mode is my group’s go-to mode.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

If I’m the only person on of my friends I play solo plunder and just run as many supply runs as I can. On a double xp weekend it’s fun to turbo level new guns.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Democratic Pirate posted:

I want to level up other guns, but I can’t spend time away from my 200 round PKM. Enemies don’t seem to grasp that the usual “peek out of cover after a couple seconds because he’ll need to reload” strategy doesn’t apply when there’s 200 rounds to burn and I will not stop shooting until I kill you or my teammate is in position to shoot you from the side.

I just unlocked the 200 round clip the other day. If I’m not running the PKM I find myself thinking “if I had the PKM that would have went much better” constantly. It is by far the most fun thing I have used in this game.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

spencer for hire posted:

What other attachments do you run with? It always feels super slow to me

Monolithic suppressor, 26.9 extended barrel., 200 round belt, snatch grip and solozero NVG enhanced are what I run now.

The optic I switch around here and there but always come back to this one. The snatch grip is what I went to from the commando foregrip and it feels a bit better to me.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I’ll have to try it out. With my friends my job is to get a good mount location will they rush the team so that sounds it’ll work for what I do usually.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

But have you factored in the accuracy/damage buffs you get while yelling "GET SOME" into the mic as you full auto?

This is a fact and nothing anyone can say will change my mind.

:colbert:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Honesty if I’m using a smg or shotgun I usually don’t bother with any sights at all to free up a slot for something else.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Are you on foot or in a vehicle? I love c4 and I will admit that it shreds vehicles if they are anywhere even remotely close to where you detonate it.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I bought season 4 pass and figured I would just level up and get the next ones free. I failed at that plan as I couldn’t pass on the pack with a John Phillips Sousa car horn.

It’s me. I’m the whale buying packs in spite of myself.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I’m glad I’m not the only one. My download is just crawling along on this.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Just unlocked the Holger lmg. It feels like a mix between an assault rifle and a lmg. Not sure if I like it or not, having been using the PKM for a long while. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Do you feel it’s better at the mid-long role or mid range and lower?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

How are people building the origin for warzone? I love shotguns in regular multiplayer but warzone is just so much more open I only equip one if I’m running in buildings.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I’m a terrible person and kind of enjoy the holger.

It will never replace the PKM in my heart though.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I love shotguns but don’t get much use for them in battle royale or plunder. In the new king trio mode? Oh baby the sawed off 725 is doing some murderous work for me.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Unlocked the new lmg and holy poo poo that’s a lot of barrel options.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

BF1 was amazing because you could spear people from horseback. Also flame tanks.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I’ll pop a double weapon xp and do plunder. Grabbing a helicopter with a friend and doing the delivery missions all game helps to hyper level weapons. All hail dad mode

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Unlocked the new dmr and drat. Just feels like I’m splattering people with any shot above the waist.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

The zombie battle royal is a good mode because I got my first ever solo win playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

My group usually plays plunder almost exclusively. I’ll play battle royal but don’t really care for it.

That said, holy crap rebirth island is awesome. The pacing just seems so much better, there is a place for all sorts of weapons, just overall feels like an entirely different game. Sad that it will probably go away in a week.

Nash fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 27, 2020