Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

What's the correct use of the shield? I notice that it takes up a weapon slot.

Also, does anyone have any luck using knives? I wanted to see if some kind of stealth build was viable, using the perk that dampens your steps and sneaking inside buildings but you have to be really drat close for the knife to make contact. I always fail.

for the funsies i tried running around with just a shield and knife

wound up getting a respectable 10 kills, and a k/d of 1ish and this was on a the snipe fest that is euphrates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

The Bananana posted:

Shout out to Monostat and babe, and the other goons we played with last night. That poo poo was FUN

twas a good time, ya'll think they'll ever add a bare bones mode, like realism but without the kill streak cheese?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

The Bananana posted:

Dead silence makes you a little bit faster.
But that's about it, near as i can tell. Footsteps still audible

from some vids i saw they actually proper buffed it in the last patch

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Black Griffon posted:

I just love the fact they they've included the slavest slav whomst've ever squatted as a multiplayer character, guys

only reason i'm playing the single player tbh

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

would be very cool and good if Reinforced was in a Realism type of set-up

they are bringing Realism back eventually right? hopefully for all the MP maps this time

fun games last night ps4 crew, from now on when i'm stuck playing another round of Piccadilly, i'll just numb my mind by playing Morrissey- Piccadilly Palare

a jaunty tune about the male prostitutes that used to sell their wares on the same streets we get spawn camped on

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

The M4 absolutely outclassing every other rifle is a much larger problem with the game's balance.

i must be a weirdo then, cause I find zero joy in using the obvious meta gun like the M4/M13, which are just both ludicrous from the get go, no need to grind attachments/variants

i've had way more fun grinding and actually getting "descent" using all the non-American blueprint guns

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

Oh for sure, definitely play the game and have fun with all the guns. Playing with dumb loadouts is the best part of a COD game.

Bitching about getting killed by a shotgun at CQC ranges is weird when someone with an M4 can down you from across the map with little effort.

:agreed:

was the riot shield also a giant loving cheat code in the last MW, or will it be an obvious nerf next patch?

right now with how the loving knife throwing mechanic works and the speed you have with it, it might as well be the loving body force field/shield from Dune

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

Bizon is cool and fun. I wish the AK wasn't such a late unlock, though.

Have any of y'all not been receiving XP after a match lately? It happened a few times last night.

bizon is fun as heck, but i feel like the listed dpr/damage stat is are a lie? i have lost way to many one on ones where i thought had an ample reflex advantage

i also keep forgetting it has a loving massive 60 round magazine and needlessly reloading

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

I just unlocked the RPG7. I usually don't like launcher things but the first action I did with it was 2 double kills (by accident). I like how fast it reloads.

at long ranges it can have that kind of corkscrew flight path that the RPG was notorious for

great subtle detail that allows my immersion as an early 80s VDV member to persist

никто, кроме нас!

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
are we going to get some private games going? especially since cross-play is an option(i think?)

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i was totally turned off by the EBR marksman in the beta, even when properly kitted

but they definitely buffed it quite a bit and it is fantastic!

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
AK is fantastic, you can basically set up 4 totally different classes of guns when you unlock all the attachments:

-a run and gun with the shorter barrel, the 40 round magazine and bayonet if you are feeling spicy
-a marksman version once you unlock the Romanian Barrel
-an RPK clone with the drum magazine
-and just a ye ol classic with all the middle of the line handling, recoil and aim-time stats

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I just unlocked the short AKSU barrel for the AK and even though it's a fun gun to use it's still an m4 that's just more effort for less reward because the other guy has a higher rof and no recoil.

just and fyi, m4 got a significant buff to it's recoil parameters

also how are you going to cos-play as a member of the Alpha Group in deep cover dressed as a gopnik carrying a loving M4, grossss

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

banned from Starbucks posted:

Wtf did they break hardcore overnight? How am.i getting 3 hit markets with a loving AK and not killing people

did they switch it to realism? cause that would be cool and good

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
heck yes to realism

also, with all the lovely russian cussing and aphorisms you get to hear when you are allegiance, i get lovely flashbacks to S.T.A.L.K.E.R

imagine a COD battle royal in the ZONE

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

The Bananana posted:

You wot mate?

ANIMES AT THE META-CHURCH

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
yeah once you have the higher caliber mag it is top of the pops, but P90 and Bizon are also both fun and good

does the aug get a larger mag eventually?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

poe meater posted:

Anyone have success/cool loadouts with the marksman rifles? I immediately switched loadouts after an enemy survived a near point blank kar98 shot.

just keep gridning bud, right now i just have the kar with the longer barrel, muzzle break, both the first stock and grip attachments, slight of hand and usually just use a 3x scope on most of the MP maps

the EBR was really just a murder machine from the get-go, but the extended magazine, slight of hand and commando fore-grip are unlocked pretty early on and make it even more murdery

for now, i've treated the carbine as a shotgun with very high velocity slugs, haven't leveled up enough to make an assessment

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
you are asking the wrong person, my pleasure out of playing this game is loving around with ALL the guns

how are they better? they are not practically speaking, but at least to me there is a much high pleasure out of head-shoting some tryhard with a kar or ebr

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i like petrograd, tons to do, poool halls, sausage restaurants, 3 star hotels a nice tram system

i really like it as a map tbh, it's like a stretched out Piccadilly with actual flanking routes and verticality

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Arae posted:

Does the PILA rocket launcher need to be locked on for flying targets? I had a few rockets go straight through a VTOL jet. I have a tendency to dumb fire rockets when it's an easy shot so maybe that's why??

Those jets are super annoying when i don't have a LMG.

Anyone else think they need to increase points for shooting bigger stuff down? It makes no sense that a uav and vtol both give 100. MW also doesn't credit "scrap assists" which sucks on the big vehicles.

for pilas you have to wait for the beep/square turning red, same for the joker

the strela-p SHOULD be an infared guided and as long as you keep the launcher on target it will get there, but as far as i can tell in this game it has a superfluous "lock-on" sound and is totally unguided?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Social Animal posted:

I’m addicted to ground war. I can’t go back to quick play anymore. Anyone else?

i would be, but the kill-streak frequency and VOLUME are loving too much man

battlefield works because there is maybe an opportunity for like one, may be two V-2s per round and maybe a 3 or 4 artillery strikes

the fact that you can basically do staggered kill streak multiplies on ground war makes it loving insufferable

and frankly this wouldn't be that big of an issue if loving pubbies would just have a pila equipped and just spam the gently caress out of all the kill-streaks

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 18, 2019

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Shima Honnou posted:

The Uzi looks cool, which is the most important stat.

it is, at least ttk wise and with no attachments, the worst of your smg options, at least according to this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F38aT-WwPrscVqacpvUUbrh9xMKnrm2tCI4_DGEpxoM/edit#gid=688465530

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
just make a version of ground war where an actual EMP is set off so, no hud and no killstreaks

OR, since i'm sure they already have flight dynamic mechanisms in the game already, force people to actual fly the airborne kill-streaks, even a minimal barrier of having to pilot them would significantly diminish the total swarm that happens like maybe 5-10 mins into a game

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

porktree posted:

This is not telling me good things about the Bizon, but does explain a log about my history of poor choices.

i couldn't help myself

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
wait how do you get latency to display?!

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

The Bananana posted:

Scratch that, what gun + attachment results in the fastest rof in the game?

i'm pretty sure the only thing that can actually effect the fire rate is a down scaling in caliber size? or at least from what i could glean

so this lovely infographic should still apply

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
why would activision go through all the trouble of having mostly useless and before the patch usually detrimental call outs, and not even bother to include a historical Spetsnaz call out of yelling "Я СПЕЦНАЗ" after a rousing victory or maybe a room clear out....as seen on the emmy award winning doc series, Deadliest Warrior:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02gNXdA_jGI

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

In an attempt to recover from the omegafumble that was blaming the Highway of Death on Russia, Activision will be giving spetsnaz characters ballistic knives and fentanyl grenades in multiplayer

finally, a chance to get that drat dose right

Romes128 posted:

Just give me an adidas track suit skin and a Slav squat emote for that dude in civilian clothes.

an empty bottle of brown glass Zhigulevskoye as melee option and you are set

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 21, 2019

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
havent killed some cheloveks in a bit, so had a good weekend of just that, BUT early sunday evening things got weird

got placed into a 20 dom at palace and unless someone left right before me i was the only one on my teams vs a full team, they weren't quitting either, so i indulged in some rambo first blood fantasies

and i guess they did as well because after i popped a few two man atvs, they went all out and presented a two atv 9 man circus act, guess the rpg warhead loves fleshy bits in that kind of spacing

https://youtu.be/Wb2hk65NOpc

of course this happened right near the end so i technically won, but kudos to those for going full absuridty

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

Whole enemy team bailed and this guy joined at the last minute. Sorry man.

same thing happened to me diff result though

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Tokubetsu posted:

still absolutely hilarious to me that white phospherous is an actual killstreak in this game

and the plane profile is an su-25 frogfoot

of course the moral american boys would never dare to use whitePO

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
drop the gdamn br mode already

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
the hot shame roller-coaster of finally putting in the code from a totino roll 50 bag you bought at a gas station mmonths ago has already been used

is nothing sacred

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

I hope it's one of the dudes that works there at least

nah this is a gas station that only employs dudes who are over 50, have some kind of facial scaring and resorts to very aged and obese bulldogs as a means of "security"

wait now i'm ever more shamed for not doing exactly that, hoodwinked^2

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

COD to me, has the perfect thematic parallel to Godflesh-Like Rats or really that album Streetcleaner although very loving stark, but fit, especially considering a large portion of the player base

Also been enjoying doing a ww2 aggresive partissan "sniper" loadout, partly inspired by the new WW2 in color thingy on nextflix. Just a bare minimal mossin..i mean karr, found iron sight was sufficient and mostly a bare bones 1911

fun as heck and kids on mic were angry and confused they were shot by pre-world war 1 design, granted i think i still went maybe slightly over a 1KD in both games, But for a few brief moment those deeply imprinted childhood soviet propaganda stories made me enjoy the game i think?

also a little disappointed karr doesnt get a bayonet, only the ak, would be quite handy

conversly, the m4 is just a peak predator, how do people just use that?!? im at like 50ish and gawlingly it is just as good as everyone has bee harping on

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

I have some solid screen caps and also if anybody actually watches my videos and on top of that listens to them I have a small series w an audio Easter egg that I'm waiting to post

dropzone would seem like a great mode, but out of the 5+ games i played last night, my team just refused to play the objective and we got trounced by average scores of something like 400-20

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
what's wrong with cRAnKEd?

i kind of imagine it to be like a late war teenager waffen SS reservist who were dosed to the gills with methamphetmines, brains so flooded with dopamine that very little remained of an actual intrinsic response to a proper fight or flight subconscious act

cranked indeed

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
can't you see the full BR map in the zoom out of the ports ground war map?

it's basically just all the ground war maps and than like a stadium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

What level does the Kar unlock the attachments that make it not feel like poo poo to use?

i have it pretty much maxed out, but honestly the most fun i have with it is iron sights or the 3x russian scope, the 21 barrel, fast reload and whatever the movement stock is