Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope the multiplayer is good. Currently playing Black Ops 4, but I am really not sure why? The killstreaks, and just weapons in general, have gotten to be so absurd. The multiplayer is painfully unbalanced and unfair, and I know this isn't new to Call of Duty, but I really keep hoping each year that Activision will care. Their focus this year though was on battle royale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What would be the point in telling us something we already know?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nighthand posted:

So are we all getting this for the PS4, and if so, what xim should I consider getting?

I actually hadn’t thought about that, but if this thread comes to a consensus I will go with that platform. I can play on whatever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are a lot of people still playing Black Ops 4?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

There's a fair number of us still playing, but it's all blackout. On PS4, anyway.

Bummer, I only like the team based multiplayer modes. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So do most of us but BLOPS4 MP is in a real bad state

This is true. Black Ops 4 MP is painful, even more so than WWII. At least with WWII, I just didn't like the landmines, but with BLOPS4, the killstreaks, and special abilities of each class are all annoying, unfair, and completely ruin the balance of the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

With the new physics engine, is there a killstreak that lets you goatse someone?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pacerhimself posted:

I don't believe they have implemented realistic anus physics

CoD launching on PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will hopefully be the time for this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Carecat posted:

They might finally get less lazy about game sizes if the new consoles are only going to have 256gb SSD drives

Mark Cerny was interviewed recently about the PlayStation 5 having exclusively an SSD only. He was talking about how games on the PS4 are done now, is that they install multiple versions of the same file to the disk based hard drive in order for that data to be accessed quicker. This results in games that are massive though. The goal Cerny has for the PS5 is to make this no longer a necessity to cut down load times, and to allow developers to implement the option of what players want to have installed. So just multiplayer, or single player.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fit em all up in there posted:

Should I purchase the latest warfare

No, but if you do the game is pretty much exclusive to ps4 this year because the other versions are missing entire game modes and content. They all cost the same though despite this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mill Village posted:

One game mode is exclusive to PS4 for a year, one. It’s just Spec Ops Survival.

That's a pretty massive gamemode. The co-op survival mode has always been huge for Call of Duty. By the time it's available else where, the new Call of Duty will be out and no one will care.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whoops, I did not anticipate enjoying the Cold War beta but here we are. I did not like Modern Warfare multiplayer at all, I got to level 50 and then gave up in frustration, but this feels like a much more balanced experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Prowler posted:

Loving the PS4 beta population for Cold War. Just went 31-10 in Kill Confirmed at Satellite (26 confirms).

The XM4 seems fine, and the Gallo seems to average 2 headshots or 3 body shots to kill, and with 9 shells and a fair range, it's really good.

Yeah I feel good about my performance now, but then remember when you're playing against Xbox, and PC crowds too eventually, it's going to completely change.