Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
2v2 is fun and the AK is gonna be so fun. I want a round with shotguns but I don’t know if they will do that during the alpha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Mill Village posted:

Can't wait to plug a XIM into my PC and piss off all the crossplay kiddies.

:rms:

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I got the game. Look forward to full riot shield teams and praising the well god.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I find it hilarious people complaining about the politics of a loving war game. What did you expect? Just shoot dudes with goons and have fun who gives a gently caress about the narrative. It’s always been lovely with most war games. War criminals consulted on most these games.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

If war is a sensitive subject to an individual then maybe they should avoid war games? There are plenty of other games that don’t have lovely narratives.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Black Griffon posted:

That's not the point anyone was making. War is not a lovely narrative in and of itself, and obviously no one is going "what the gently caress I kill people in cod???".

Has there ever been a war fought that wasn’t full of war criminals? Most of them if not all of them on both sides.

If you have played any COD game you know their poo poo as far as war goes. loving Oliver North helped create black ops 2. This isn’t anything new and it won’t ever change.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Servers are dead for me.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

My pistol and launcher kills are not competing challenges or leveling up since day one. Hope they get if fixed by Christmas!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Perfect counter to knife shield is c4. Either Im trading and we both die or it’s easy to get the c4 behind it to the side for the kill.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I saw something posted on Reddit about the battle royals mode. Any truth to that?

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...utm_name=iossmf

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

GD_American posted:

The Shield Turret is still complete poo poo, but I've figured out a few spots to throw it down to get a few kills. It's less good at defending a point than it is firing across 2-3 lanes of a map sideways and cutting off people's approaches.

30/40 kills done. Then I will never ever get one of them again (that doesn't come from a care package)

I got 2 shield turrets back to back in care packages in the same game. Still didn’t even use them because they are so garbage.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Death mics are so fun in this game. Especially with a name like Impeach Trump the fury and rage when I kill them gives me joy for the Holiday season.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Skyarb posted:

Is your name impeach Trump or theirs?

It’s my name.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Crash and shipment coming dec 3rd? Don't mind me I will be by the helicopter getting killed repeatedly just for old times sake.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

How long have you had that red text?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Once you open up the extra challenges the levels fly by. I was leveling up 2 or 3 levels in some games. I think I am at 92 and I hit 55 a week ago.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Custom games last night we’re fantastic.

Rockets and riot shields in Guluag was insane.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Can’t wait to join a goon game and drop shot crouch jump slide and use whatever gun is pissing people of right now and so literally anything else this game allows me to do just to hear them rage.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

colachute posted:

I can probably attribute half of my kills to drop shotting. It’s probably the most important part of my playstyle. And it’s been around for a long time so it’s probably never going anywhere.

Yeah but do you use a XIM?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

tjones posted:

It's a mouse and keyboard translator for controller only lobbies that people who can't compete with a controller use to get an edge over their opponents. It has all the benefits of mouse and keyboard controls while also keeping the auto aim assistance for controller support.

It's cheating, basically.

How dare you besmirch the good name of XIM users!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

kecske posted:

nice xim honeypot post op

Thanks. It works every time. People are always not really mad about XIM even though they write 3 paragraphs about how it is cheating but I’m not mad oh noooo

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Bye bye shoothouse 24/7 I used you to grind my mounted and longshots kills together. You will be missed!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

No it won't you monster

Classic 3 lane cod map!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Me playing with goons who are poo poo: SBMM is very good. I went 31-3.

Me playing with goons who I am significantly shittier than: SBMM is very bad. My gun is very bad. Everything is bad. I went 3-17.

You’re welcome.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

New updates always bring the best out of people! Happy Holidays!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Shoot house is back!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

colachute posted:

The mounted skins are gonna keep me from golding a lot of guns.

Shoothouse 24/7

Middle row you can get mounted and long shot in 1 kill.

If you spawn with the shanty or whatever it is on your left. Go right to the concrete barrier looking into the junkyard and you can get mounted kills all day.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

The best part about playing COD with goons is learning about all the hosed up Pokemon that steal kids souls or kidnaps them.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I like the missions because it makes me use guns or setups and equipment I would normally not use. Like why the gently caress would ever use a recon drone but you bet your rear end I was marking motherfuckers all night long with it. I used the Kar this weekend for the first time because I had to use a marksman rifle to complete expert gunsmith challenge and I loving hate that gun but got used to it after a bunch of kills. It helps me discover stuff I would normally never touch.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

So you are complaining the game has to much content? I think that's a first folks wrap it up!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

For the smaller hardpoints it’s best to guard the entrances to the hard point from an outside location and keep 2 in the hard point. Then you can attack if they breach.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

TheGoonspiracist posted:

I've got 3 pistols golded, with the 1911 and the revolver left to to go. Spent several matches shooting a round off and then reloading most the match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtVho7Ck1Cw

Can't wait to see your build for a marksman rifle.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

The best game mode is gulag with riot shields, rockets, thermite, and smoke.

GARRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Manxome Foe posted:

I won both of our wacky custom games last night, so I'll agree.

You didn't even want to play!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Statutory Ape posted:

is this free for all shenanigans ?

We played a few custom games last night because we had more than the usual 6 at one time.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

You get picked as the zombie at the beginning and go 0-8 by running at the same survivor the entire 2 minutes and change you have to infect someone else.

I think we should make this his next red text.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

When it comes to vehicles I just straight switch to my PKM+FMJ loadout. It's loving ridiculous how fast that shreds anything. Two PILA's won't take down a VTOL (and will in fact do only one rockets worth of damage because of the flares), and the JOKR takes 45 minutes to actually hit the target. I'm good enough with the RPG too that I can slap down the VTOL if I really want to.

I thought if you don't lock onto the vtol the flares dont go off?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

You can buy a watch now that lets you see how many times you have died In game. The actual scoreboard won’t let you do that. Hahaha

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

In that specific game or all together. because it always shows how many times you died after the match. And you can look at overall deaths on the website, which admittedly is a dumb roundabout way to do it, but it's available.

In just that specific game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Update tomorrow has Shipment and Vacant maps being added.

Bring back 3x grenades!