Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Second match after installing and this poo poo just makes me nervous. I feel like I'm way past my prime and play too little MP to place near the top of anything.

Oh well!

Anyway, is realism good hard or annoying hard? And is it tuned for a first play-through? I've played nearly every cod game so it's not like I'm jumping in entirely blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

4/MW2 was always very 24, where they wanted you to think "well okay I guess torture/execution of POWs is okay just this once if you promise it's so you can save the world"

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Anyone know if there's a way to stop stuttering during cinematics? Moving the game to my SSD the only option I'm assuming?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Mine is on an SSD and... no

Aw nuts. My PC is recently upgraded, so I assume it happens to most people, and I wish they'd just include loading screens instead of hiding it in a way that's really poorly hidden and still intrusive.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

It's cool that you can be detached dude, but some people still feel frustration and annoyance at things that could be better, and they get something out of complaining, venting and comisserating with people who feel the same way.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

jase1 posted:

If war is a sensitive subject to an individual then maybe they should avoid war games? There are plenty of other games that don’t have lovely narratives.

That's not the point anyone was making. War is not a lovely narrative in and of itself, and obviously no one is going "what the gently caress I kill people in cod???".

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

First Rule: do not stop guarding the bridge at all costs.

Second Rule: YOU DO NOT STOP GUARDING THE BRIDGE AT ALL COSTS.

First match I played and only time I played the map so far I joined a match in progress and my team had obviously stopped guarding the bridge what's the third rule

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Weirdly enough, the only crashes I've had have been trying to start private matches to test out weapons. I also have the black screen after turning off intro movies, but I don't really care.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Does MP realism have friendly fire?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Nope! It owns

oh thank god

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Alex's facial hair might be the dumbest and ugliest I've seen in ages, but it's so bad I find it plain endearing.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

wolfs posted:

I read a few pages back before posting- why do you guys call listening for footsteps “soundwhoring”? It makes you much more survivable.

I think there was just one poster using that term the last few pages, and it made me frown as well. It's a pretty common mechanic in pretty much every FPS game.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Are the dailies repeatable or hosed? I've won two games of cyber attack, and I can't tell if I get the XP for my daily "win 1 game of cyber attack" and it just repeats, or if I don't get a reward at all.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I feel like this is universal to all multiplayer FPS games, but I don't think I'll ever figure out sniping. I mostly care because I'd love to just level up weapons for the hell of it and get dailies done, but everything about it just seems so counterintuitive to any game mode, which I guess it probably is.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Got my first punch kill and first throwing knife kill in the same match, then I lost connection to bnet before the last round. Oh well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdlk-WBMHpY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh416N6sOSk

edit: what's the best way to upload and embed short clips like these anyway?

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 29, 2019

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

GyverMac posted:

The best matches are those were everybody goes for the domination points. I had a match like that earlier today on petrograd and it was total and absolute chaos but in a really good and fun way. This game really shine when people are doing what they are supposed to do, instead of working on their KD ratios. I wish that IW would increase the points for doing objectives, maybe double them, so that people actually would have more of an incentive to play them properly.

I fully believe that you could increase the points by 500% and people would still huddle up in an Urziki Radio Shack like the world's most passive and misguided flash mob.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

If you want to play TDM, play realistic. You can still get steamrolled and hosed over, but playing as a quick, constantly moving ninja is far easier when most of the HUD related tools are gone.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

They are max three minutes though.
Edit: I'm at work, if I'm wrong I'll blame it on the Russians

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

If anyone else is a dumb idiot like me; there's a small, white dot on the right side of your screen that indicates whether or not your field item is ready on realism.

Also, Gunfight could do with less rounds also.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Agreed on both points. Mounting just seems to mount your head on a target more than anything else.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Campaign good. Also awful because it's still too America hoorah, but extremely pretty with really cool set pieces and a genuine feeling of pressure and panic. Also, it's basically a Conservative Dad simulator because you play Benghazi and the Osama compound raid. Loving it so far, and hating it a little bit, but not enough to stop me.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I just love the fact they they've included the slavest slav whomst've ever squatted as a multiplayer character, guys

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The rare MP7 disappointed, but in general I find SMGs to be fun, practical and deadly. Can't wait to level more and build some dumb, weird poo poo.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

CTF is one of my favorite game modes for shooters, it’s a shame it’s basically vanished entirely lately.

Hell, why did it? It's such a simple and elegant concept.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

CTF, but everyone who picks up the flag gets temporary juggernaut armor
edit: I mean, gently caress, just call it Capture the Prototype Juggernaut Armor. CPJA, rolls off the tongue.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Golashes posted:

gently caress I just got a banger quad kill and it doesn't look like the loving Nvidia thing saved it after saying it did. Is there some kind of temp folder it might have gotten dumped into?

Nah it's hosed, I think. I use the instant replay function instead, with a post-it note on my monitor to remind me it's active.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I do think increasing the amount of non-lethals you spawn with could maybe gently caress with close quarter campers a bit. All of them could be used to ferret out the fuckers when used efficiently.

Also, MW2 chat: Once on Favela I was stuck with a full stack of cool clan tag guys on one side and a rapidly diminishing team on my side. Obviously that didn't go so well, until it was just me left, and I switched to my
K N I F E
B U I L D
I was unstoppable, practically flying around the match like an alien from Alien. Match ended with me owning them like a god and them ragequitting. Best moment of my pvp career.

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there a counter to someone with a riot shield running at you head on if you have no way to flank around behind them? Thats been kind of annoying for me in tight spaces.

Stuns or flashbangs can gently caress them up pretty good.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

As long as it's there, I try to find the humour in it if nothing else. The idea of half a dozen bumbling, overpaid idiot operators rushing around roaring I'M WITH YOU at each other is a pretty funny image.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

meme posted:

I was playing some local multiplayer with my girlfriend against bots, and there's a bunch of cool night versions of the maps where you have NVG's enabled, and I wish that was a playlist for online.

Yeah, that was the first maps I checked out when benchmarking and finalizing settings, and I'm really sad they're not part of the rotation yet.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

loving let darkness reign already, god

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Insert name here posted:

Pro Gunfight tip: Don't try to use the fists because they actually do less damage than just hitting someone with your gun. I thought that since it's (technically) a dedicated melee weapon that it'd do more melee damage but I was tricked! Misled! Bamboozled!

It's fun to use fists though.
https://youtu.be/Nh416N6sOSk

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Hell, guess I'll just design the coolest or dumbest looking weapons if the difference is that small. I'm absolutely leveling the revolver so I can make a rifle stock revolver.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

My dream spec ops mode, tbh, is one that's fully beatable in single player and probably only gives marginal XP, but lets me zone out and listen to a podcast while shooting mans. Let me grind if I absolutely want to, y'know

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I agree with earlier posts that making callouts team only will basically fix them. Automated voice chat in an age where the only public voice chat that should be activated and/or legal is Sea of Thieves.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

I thought the audio should be kept so I used Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPCCQXg5ZRY

Also this happened :sigh: :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5IeBi8gaAA

Everything about the first vid is perfect, from the surprise to the way the body falls and the killer looks down at it.

Dunno why you posted the ending to 2001 a space odyssey after that though

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Tried to name a custom deagle “lube” and my xbox crashed

Incredible.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Cautiously optimistic that they'll take feedback to heart on the upcoming maps and streamline them a bit, while still keeping them fun, open and unpredictable.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The battlechatter thing is a start, at least.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Does run speed maluses apply when you have the weapon stowed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I feel like camping a point in groundwar is totally valid because any team worth their salt should be pushing hard enough to uproot you. The real sin is camping in a spot where you're not directly defending a point and/or, most importantly, have no way or intention of recapturing or holding down the point.