Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

this is why i usually use an operator that kills first and taunts second because the alex melee doesn't kill until the last strike

https://i.imgur.com/tW8qRMH.gifv

I had some super weird thing happen where the finisher animation moved my target off the ledge he was on. I guess that broke him out of the animation, because then he shot me.on the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The k9 execution from this seasons makes it so you always have a good boy with you on the loading screen, so melee is good.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

There's a finisher you unlock where you call in a German Shepherd buddy to go John Wick 3 on some poor camper. You can use it with any operator, and when you have it equipped the dog walks next to your characters at the main menu screen.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I like the missions but several of them have steps that require me to play ground war and lol gently caress that.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Snowmankilla posted:

I have a mission to do 10 executions. I have been playing for about a month and have 0, so I think I am stuck here for a bit.

Running Tracker and dead silence helps a little.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So you know how you make progress on operator missions in multiplayer even if you get assigned to the opposite faction and aren't actually playing as that operator? Is that true I'm Warzone/Plunder as well, or do you actually have to play as that character to make progress on their associated challenges?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

I also have dragons breath rounds the issue is the Dragons breath Cartridge upgrade has some kind of insane "get 3 longshot kills with a scout scope" which I have no idea how to do that or what a 'longshot' even is. is that something that's only possible with Slugs?

It's just a kill from a over certain distance away (it's different for every gun). When you get one you'll see "Longshot" pop up where you normally see the +100, Kingslayer, Double Kill, etc pop-ups.

Run ADS attachments in every slot + the scout scope and aim for the head. Shoothouse is great for this because you can sneak behind the guys who are always, always parked on the walls at each spawn and line up your shot.

I did it last night and it wasn't too bad. The 680 can kill people at a pretty surprising distance if you get headshots. Pretty sure it also counts if they're already injured, so feel free to take potshots from stupid ranges at enemies that are already taking fire from your teammates.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

10 v 10 shipment is good for that bounty for quickscope 3 in 1 minute mission

Pro tip, you can do that with a marksman rifle. Not sure if you need at least a red dot or if it counts irons, but I had that one active and then noticed it was finished after running the KAR for a couple rounds.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

thank you!! I pointed this out to my friends and they all swore up and down this hadn’t happened and I was crazy

what kind of loving development discussion even spurs that kinda change

Good odds they have analytics showing it increases battle pass/store purchases.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 12, 2020

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I like Tracker a lot for sneaking up on people. It's especially great in crowded/indoor spaces to make sure you actually end up behind/beside the enemy. Great for cueing you to pop dead silence or crouch walk.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

HC 10v10 moshpit has been by far the best place to grind longshots for me. Just gotta remember to back the gently caress out when Kill Confirmed on Euphrates Bridge comes up.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

priznat posted:

I would have thought that would be ideal for longshots and no one will be collecting tags so it’ll go to the time limit!

This assumes your team isn't the one that gets trapped in spawn.

But yeah I got like 20 longshots in a round the one time that actually happened.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Housh posted:

If you purchase an operator bundle, besides the unique skin do you get exclusive operator challenges that unlock more exclusive skins for that operator?

No, you won't get skins/challenges that were from previous seasons or other packs, but if it's a base operator that you can unlock by doing certain campaign/spec ops mission or whatever, buying a skin will give you their base variants.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 12, 2020

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Statutory Ape posted:

whats the best sliding knife playlist? trench?

E: wow. the other team is just hiding in the bunker in trench. lol

I did it on the weekend warrior playlist.

Kali sticks seem not great, but I didn't have much time to mess around with them once I unlocked them.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Utgardaloki posted:

the two hit kill is meaningless, I golded them on second day and the number of times I died between hits one and two i can probably count on my hands.

Turns out this isn't true of you run into someone running combat knife head on, as they can shiv you in between the first and second stick bonk.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I got a supply chopper event in duos last night.

Like 60-70% of all the contracts on the map were Most Wanted though, which feels a little excessive.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hard to tell but it seemed like people were picking them up whether or not they needed to get a teammate back in. The little red crowns were all over the map constantly in every round I played.

Makes sense since they give you a good chunk of change and (at least right now) odds are pretty good no one bothers you since there's 69 other teams showing up on the map too.

Edit: also, gulag with ARs really does suck rear end.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Anybody have the numbers on the Fennec barrel with the integrated suppressor vs running the other barrel + mono suppressor? They feel about the same to me, buy you can run an extra attachment with the former.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The SKS kicks rear end but you do kinda have to decide how you're going to use it. You can get it to feel super snappy if you want to run and gun with it, and IIRCit's a two hit kill to the body - but then the recoil is going to force you to slow down your shots at range, which kind of negates that gun's big advantage. OTOH if you build it for recoil control you can double tap snipers in the face all day but yes, you'll have to play more deliberately.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

priznat posted:

Kind if preferred plunder trios over quads

Same, I think. That one extra guy seems to make it way harder to wipe squads so fights end up with both teams fighting off each other's redeployed team members the whole match fairly often.

Also nthing the Bruen love. It's a beast.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Gold on the knife really isn't that bad. I ended up getting like 80% of the way there doing the challenge to unlock the kali sticks and I had never run the combat knife prior to that.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

Every gun is like that though. You get 90% of the challenges by just playing and then there's the 150 bullshit mounted/no attachment kills you have to get

This is true. What I meant was the knife challenges that don't come as naturally are still pretty easy. The only one I had to consciously grind out was kills in smoke, but that one is actually really easy and it's only 25 kills IIRC. There really isn't any analogue to 100 longshot/mounted/no attachment kills.

Riot shield challenges seem like a huge gently caress you, on the other hand, which is a bummer because I'd kinda like to have plat Kali sticks.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 27, 2020

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Got stuck in a helicopter today, sitting in a doomed helicopter as it plummets to the ground is in my opinion not the best feeling

In Warzone a couple days ago I found a box truck with a crate in it backed up to a window. Went into the building, jumped out of the window into the truck, and then absolutely could not get back into the building. I tried every combination of sprinting and jumping, crouching and mantling, jumping and crouching, etc but my shootmans wouldn't climb back through and I had to just quit.

In retrospect, maybe I should have stuck around to see if that spot ended up in the final circle.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

This was in solos, but that's good to know!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Shoothouse on hardcore is a gold mine for AR/SMG long shots. The TTK is so low that you can effectively duel the wall snipers and there's a couple other spots where you can grab them, like the stairs leading up to the office across B to the junk yard or vice versa. Hanging out in a back corner of one of the spawns to catch people on the other side as they rotate through works too.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

Anyone who goes on top of the containers on shipment or in that one above B has no friends and is unloved by their family

Look man, I'm working on jokr camos.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

My only WZ win was in stimulus solos and it took 3 redeployments.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

We should have separate load out screens for mp and warzone anyway. Change my mind

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Considering I can just Donkey Kong someone with the butt of my gun, what's the advantage to taking up a gun slot with a dedicated knife?

I need to figure out how to "Finish" people. It was extremely confusing the first time I got killed by a flaming dog.

You move significantly faster with the knife out, and I think your melee actually comes out faster too. It's kind of fun to huck smoke or stun grenades around and then zip around shivving people from time to time. The other melee weapons they've released also have unique characteristics; for example the kali sticks are a two-hit kill to the knife's one, but give you a pretty long-range lunge like the Commando perk did in MW2.

Hold melee when you're behind someone to do an execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Not for nothing, but the never ending number crunching and "check out this hot new loadout" videos and buzz about x or y gun being the new meta generate a ton of third party content about the game, which presumably boosts sales and player engagement.

Not that some cackling villain at Activision HQ charted this all out and tells them how to balance the guns accordingly but like, it does give them less incentive to focus on tightly balancing everything.