Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What's the deal with the battle pass? I don't get what a "tier" is and why you'd pay for the more expensive battle pass to get "tier 100".

toiletbrush posted:

the 'аэропорт' lettering on the roof of the airport

It just says "airport" in demon script. My turd-tier cyrillic skills have been very handy lol

Profanity posted:

I'd play Plunder more because it's cool, but 90% of the time it doesn't award any loving battle pass XP.

Yeah I was stuck at level 1 for a while. Seems like any time I do really well nothing counts. Took maybe 10 ish matches to get to level 4 and unlock customizable loadouts...

codo27 posted:

Those of you who crash all the time, do you run multiple monitors? I can count on one hand the CTDs I've had in recent years and I only ever run one monitor. I put my Surface on my desk for a secondary screen when I need it.

Or have you been duped into thinking updates=bad? I also always keep everything up to date. Everything.

In addition to the latest patch ruining the game more than ever, cheating is way up again the last few days woooooooooooooooooooooo

I've got one screen and was getting CTD within about a minute of playing any match. Until I did the alt-tab while playing and manually add a "1" to both the launcher and regular exe files. Game is just janky af. Like one match the top half of the screen turned black, then my framerate went to poo poo, came in the top ten which was cool. None of the XP counted though of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

big nipples big life posted:

The things marked Free you get for leveling the pass up that level, if you pay you get all the stuff in between the free ones. You get 1400 points if you reach somewhere near the end, I don't know the exact tier, so it pays for the next season's + 400 if you buy it once and complete it.

Ah k. So it says there's "30 days left", if i don't get to 100 levels or whatever then I just don't get any of that stuff? Is it reasonable to unlock the whole battlepass thing in 30 days?

Or is it some poop sock poo poo where i'll pay 10$ but unlock like 3 skins or something unless i play 8 hours a day.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What are the cool guy meta attachments for the m4 in war zone? Also what guns are kinda similar in that they’re pretty ok at all ranges?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah so i'm stuck not leveling? There's no fix just "lol you boned"??

JaySB posted:

Basically the same as in regular MP + 50 or 60 round mags instead of no stock. The M4 is kinda the worst of the meta ARs in WZ. Please see the video I just posted for reference.

Cool i'll check it out. For right now I'm stuck with the M4 though since you need XP to unlock things.

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 4, 2020

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

JFC posted:

BFV refugee here, just started playing this a few weeks ago. If I'm playing on PC should I have cross-play enabled or am I at a disadvantage to console players?

I’d assume it’s the other way around?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOhmzfKHHdU

Pretty good breakdown of the 2 main meta weapons right now

Is it just basically impossible to unlock the Grau in warzone? Seems not possible unless there's some cheese method.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Where do you find the gold gun quest or whatever? Can probably gold the M13 i guess since i've used that almost exclusively in warzone so far.

Camos somewhere?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ZombieCrew posted:

Like when the bottom player on the winning team yells "EEEEEEZZZZ" and its always some whiney kid. Easy their killer. You just went 6 and 24 with no caps.

So mad so bad

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Having fun with Warzone, thinking of snagging the full game while it's on a little sale. It's not going to be a dead game in like a month right? Or is it?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Seems like going out while you're on top would be a good idea? Just pack it in we did the duty

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Infidelicious posted:

Eventually it will take up your entire HDD, instead of just half.

Yeah speaking of that. I installed Warzone first which is like 90 gigs. Got the full game thinking it'd just unlock; but it's like another 90 gigs?? The whole game is almost 200 gigs is that right?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Ran into a bug. Party kept leaving me behind somehow?

Like the match would start for 2/3 of the party, but then I'm still on the "host is looking for a match" screen. But like the host is in a game already.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What's the deal with the full auto Renetti pistols? Is that some upgrade? I've got none of the pistol stuff.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So are the full auto pistols the best cqb weapons? Been running the MP5, but feel like I get really outclassed by those. Any particular pistol that's best?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Time to level that pistol i guess. I want to be the annoying piece of poo poo.

There's no way to carry dual renittis AND an RPG yeah?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Hmm is Ground War just bad? Seems like it's just all sniper campers

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

priznat posted:

Sadly the last great battlefield game was 4, or possibly 1 if you want that old timey feel.

BFV sucks so bad I hate it

At least 4 will be cheap though

Yeah I played a ton of BF1, then BF5 was like...i dunno a million dumb unlocks and didn't really feel like ww2 at all so i dropped it.

Liking Domination the best so far...i like having a bit of structure.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I used to be a dolphin dive king back in cod4. Now I suck and can only slide around corners and tea bag dead dudes.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Do you have to do anything to open them? Looks like it’s near the prison?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah is there an easy way to cheese the grau if you suck? I’m at like 4/25 or some poo poo. Been trying on small maps but yeah it’s like 50% quickscopers getting like 5+ kills in a row

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I heard the end of round bonis add up and so regular matches are better than war zones but who knows

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Just do finishing moves on downed dudes in war zone. Unless that doesn’t count for some reason

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What the best close range AR? I've been using the M13 just because I've almost got it golded but just want confirmation that i suck because of my gun choice and not because i just suck regardless.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

How do tracer rounds work? This Nikto bundle has blue ones that apparently pubbies whine about because it's star war in their realistic shooter...which makes me want to get it.

What are the rounds tied to? Like how much of the gun can you change without losing the rounds?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I turned off voice but typing “gonna be ez win” or “explosives? Wow cowards” while using amped + rpg has gotten a few dms

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So how come i barely even see a guy before he kills me, then on his kill cam i'm just clearly in view for 1 or 2 seconds? Just poo poo internet?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

pacerhimself posted:

There's some weird view angle stuff around corners and also peakers advantage - likely just view angle if you say it's like 2 seconds.

https://youtu.be/bdVjbT48ge8

This might be fixed to some extent by now.

lol yeah that looks like it. i gotta back off those walls i guess.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Well I did it I golded the M13. And dam lol at the other completionist camos...get a 15 kill streak 200 times??? get gold with literally everything?? i'd hate it if i cared enough to get sucked into that trap.

Got a dude with a MAGA tag all mad in a match. Killed him with an RPG and typed "rekt". He got all mad because he had like 50+ kills with the standard quickscope insta headshot thing.

Then i went afk for most of the match, came back, got the last kill of the match on him and typed "dam 2ez".

Also as far as maps go, I find myself just getting shot from behind all the time. Or like I'll spawn with an enemy behind me and die instantly. I don't really know the maps that well yet so I assume that's the problem. Is the general tip just stick to the edges of the map? Is there some logic to where you spawn?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The obsidian isn't a 15 kill streak, just 15 kills total per match across 200 matches. Which is still a shitload, but something that will definitely come naturally over time.

Definitely not going for platinum / damascus though, there are too many lovely unfun guns that I don't feel like wasting dozens and dozens of hours leveling and while platinum looks kinda cool damascus is honestly just ugly on every gun I've seen it on so far. Even if you're going for deliberately gaudy, which I heartily respect and often do myself, there are much better camos for it.

Ah not quite as ridiculous. But yeah only the gold one looks good to me.

And lol fuckin server queue??

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Sure is fun to face a clan of people who have like .0000000000000001 ms reaction times. Can't even click! Put me with lovely people you dumb game.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

i like it when SBMM demotes me down to the level of skill where people are basically just standing still looking at the ground or sky

yes this is what i need! some dude just 3 v 1 me and two other guys...like i start hitting him and he kills both my teammates and me in the time it took the Grau to fire i guess 2 bullets

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

When you do the lean out of a doorway thing, does it matter if it's the left or right side?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

If i just quit games will that drop my MMR? Seems like a get a decent game then it's back to all sweaty types.

edit: lol i think it worked, actually got a 5 kill streak

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 26, 2020

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What gun is "7.62 Soviet"? Seems insane.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Had a good game where some guy was trying to snipe from the same spot every time. So i just kept going there and killing him! Managed to do a finishing move without getting immediately killed, really shamed him!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Is there a method to where you spawn? Feels like half the time i spawn in front of enemies who just clean up the whole team.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Do you lose anything except getting a loss from leaving early? You still get XP?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

lol i got spawn killed by the same person 6 times in a row

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

They remove them for artificial scarcity. Plus it makes you check the store over and over hoping the thing you want is there...and hmm while i'm checking the store might as well buy this pack...

Also I tanked my mmr enough that i'm going 2:1 sometimes. loving finally cod gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Made some guy named cockface from the SIMP clan so mad in chat that i managed to sneak up and kill him while he was afk typing at me.