Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I should try more of the lethal equipment but I just really love cooking grenades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Wanted to switch up my AR game a bit since I don't just want to end up defaulting to M4 / Grau 100% of the time like every single other person but ugh nothing else feels good. I was really hoping I'd like the burst-fire rifles since the G11 was my favorite gun back in Black Ops but man they just have no place - the other ARs are just as accurate and faster at range and up close you might as well be using your fists.

Have you tried the SCAR since they updated its ADS speed? I've been having decent luck with it.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Warzone Rumble seems to be quite a divisive mode, but I gotta say I really love it. At first it just seems like a snipe fest and the only way to beat em is to join in on the sniping, but after learning the maps and their flow I really don't think this is the case. It's kinda like there are 3 different battles going on and you can join whichever you like depending on where you drop. There is the never ending sniper fights, the guys that just bolt to wherever they can get aggro CQB fights, and lastly my favorite is the sneaky boys on the fringes.

The cool thing about playing sneaky is that you can exploit all of these play patterns. I've managed a few full flanks that allowed me to kill big sniping groups and escape without being found. You can also sneak into places that the aggro guys think are safe to pass through and cause some chaos. I'm not topping the leaderboard by playing this way, but my shenanigans will usually let a nice chunk of people move forward and it's fun as hell.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

i bought the emerald ranger pack because she is wearing a damned ghillie suit romper

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s not with shipment anymore. They separated them yesterday

This is a bummer for me, I felt like they worked really well on the same playlist. Shipment was why I loaded the playlist but Shoot House was great breather from it.

Is Team Defender a new mode? This is my first experience with it and I really like the mode.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I totally missed that the latest patch nerfed the no stock attachments across the board.. gotta say I haven't really noticed it and I run no stock on most of my guns.

Any other no stock users notice enough of a difference to start using a stock?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

i wish these games still had server lists, saying this makes me feel old

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Anyone like the AK-47 for core? I've been messing with it and I feel like it's really close to being great. I'm curious what setups people run with it.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

gently caress Promenade, delete that stupid rear end map from existence.

Hope everyone is having good day. :)

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

The new Ground War map is pretty fun. The buildings in between B and C make for some really fun sweep and clears. I think it could potentially suck once people realize how good of a spawn C is to hold, because it seems pretty simple to lockdown a huge portion of the map from that spawn.

AN-94 was performing really well in the couple of matches I got to use it.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I'm enjoying the AN-94 as well, but I'm still unsure on whether single shot (2 round burst) or full auto is the way to go. With proper tapping the burst mode seems to out fire automatic but it takes a bit more effort than hold trigger.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Speaking of large maps, I have recently gotten into Ground War and drat that game mode is so close to being good. I think it could have been so much better if it wasn't just Big Domination. Maybe something like the old Killzone 2 multiplayer where the rules are changing constantly, like from domination to hardpoint to snd or something. In a perfect world it would be completely objective based like WolfET (drat I'm old) but I think developers are scared to make shooters like that these days.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

moist turtleneck posted:

cod ww2 did ground war: war the right way

Wow this is almost exactly what I am talking about. I wonder why they didn't just bring this into Modern Warfare.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

drunken officeparty posted:

Is the big palace map even in ground war? 10v10 is still way too small for it

Yeah but for some reason the Ground War queue is like 90% Promenade with the other maps sprinkled in every once in awhile. The palace one pops up so infrequently that I often forget about it.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Anyone experiencing weird lag issues?

Since last night every game I join has me rubberbanding and sliding around the map, feels like I'm in tar.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I think Ground War is best for leveling marksman rifles. Lots more people standing around waiting to get shot from a distance and it doesn't screw up your internal ttk gauge.

I've been doing the MK2 and holy poo poo this rifle is inconsistent. Sometimes it feels amazing and others it feels like it's shooting jelly beans.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I don't play Warzone but the Kilo has worked quite well for me at long range (like shooting at pixels type range) so I think it would work in WZ.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I have some really important questions. What gun charms do you use? Do you use the same one for every gun?

Lucky Cat goes on every primary and 9 Lives on every sidearm. They've doubled my K/D ratio.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I cant do stickers and I rarely use any of the camos.

But my brain worms make me buy blueprints that have a nice looking attachment so I can mix and match.. this game knows how to get me to open my wallet.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Is there a way to keep track of your streak once you pass your highest equipped killstreak? My brain isn't able to store a simple number in my head while I'm trying to stay alive. :derp:

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Well drat, not sure how I missed that but now I will know where to look. Thank you!

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

https://twitter.com/Activision/status/1297942015955447809

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2020-08/Modern-Warfare-Warzone-Season-Five-Reloaded-Games-of-Summer

new weapon coming, the FiNN LMG

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Lemon-Lime posted:

lol, so it's what the M249 was before they nerfed it.

yeah that's definitely what it sounds like, guess we'll see if they learned any lessons

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Uhhg, I'm trying to do the Warrior's Code mission for the sweet Steel Curtain blueprint and it wants me to win 5 SnD games. :(

Guess I should've checked all the objectives before starting this.

e: i really cant believe people play this for fun

CRAYON fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 26, 2020

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Not talking about people in this thread, but I'm loving that all the same people praising them for removing flinch because "it helped noobs get rng flinch headshots" now complain because "noob snipers" are winning gun fights. Like what did you expect? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I will never understand why they dont just have a ranked and unranked playlist to make everyone shut up about it. COD has to be popular enough to support a playlist split like that, right?